Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
1. The writing was sub-par. It was only for the nudity that I am guessing any of the gay community would bother to watch this show.
2. The acting was painfully high school drama production. It was the one thing that makes it painful. Each actor most of the time would wait for the other person to finish his line and there was a slight pause and then the reaction.
3. Camera: Was the dude who was operating the camera on crack? It was jerky and not in an artist way. It got sometimes so bad that you needed a Dramamine pill not to get screen (car) sick.
4. Most of the story lines started and then did not really go anywhere. Of if they do go anywhere, it took way too long to get there. With the Melanie Griffith - Sandra Bernhard characters, what was with this whole part? Why where they needed or what did they add to the show? My only guess is, the producers where 'hoping' for a second and many seasons, and these people would become part of the back story to the production.
On the positive note: There was enough buffed eye candy for any gay man to enjoy and the sex scenes were good without being too gratuitous.
All of the characters had major flaws in their makeup and there is no reason to discuss this area because this is just a fictional show...without saying that I am glad I would not be a part of this group.
Enjoy but with knowing that just because it is gay orientated does not mean that it is great entertainment.
Bad Johnson (2014)
Better than what I thought
The concept is original and the actors, working with a script that could have had a bit more work done to it, did still come off as entertaining.
Actually, this movie could be really one for ladies more so than guys. There are so many ladies who could understand how a guy can be the way that he is with his junk. Not that anyone should want to have a guy lose his junk but just take some responsibility for it.
And guys could laugh at the prospect of their junk taking on their own life so that they could see how it looks to actually watch their junk in action and cringe.
Well worth the watch!!
Whether you like the monarchy or not, the show is so very in-depth. The way in which the filming was done, at times you wonder how they were able to get so much done without being in the way.
BBC should be applauded for the depth of information that they put into this show and yes it needed to be put into several shows and not into one show, as there is so much information to offer.
The behind the scenes access was well worth the time to watch it all. I know that many people both in England and abroad, would like to see the monarchy abolished and this show is not about either praising her. but in just showing you what happens in the many days in the life of the Queen.
1313: Bermuda Triangle (2012)
You know there are times that we all (I am guessing) want to sit back and watch a 1 star movie just to see how much of a train wreck it is.
Well this is the train wreck to end all train wrecks! How can they put in so much time with people going around a big house saying "Hello"? Side Note: If I could bear to watch this show again, I would like to do a HELLO count and see how many times they say Hello? And then they waste so much time when each of the actors are tied up with them grimacing and trying to get free? I think that basically the whole movie could have been cut down to 10 minutes tops.
And I love how Venice Beach because the Caribbean? All in all....I normally do not review movies that are this bad but this one takes the cake! Kudos to the actors (If you can call them that) the Director (I know he has not a clue because even I could have director better) and the prop man, (If they had one) Total Rubbish!
This is just a good old boys romp where you don't think but just enjoy the ride.
Jerry O'Connell is so funny in this movie. The take off from other movies ie: Tom Cruise on the rock climbing is a good inside/outside joke.
And yes I laughed out loud at the two scenes with Grandma as the Domintrix with both Jerry and Jake Busey at the end.
I really do see this as a guy movie but as a date movie it would do the trick as woman could have a good laugh at the expense of the men.
The Paperboy (2012)
I notice that we are to check off if our review contains spoilers.
Spoilers: I watched the first 30 minutes of this mess and for the life of me, I don't have a clue what it was about. How could I give away the plot etc. if for the life of me, I have no clue what this movie was about. And I sure was not going to watch further because it became to painful to just figure out who was who and why they were their.
I should have read review with spoilers so I could know just what this movie was about.
Its not the worst movie because it really is not a movie.
I have no idea what it is but I have and would watch 2 hours of commercials and known what they were about and have enjoyed them more than this folly of an attempt at movie making.
It should have been called: Dude, Where is the Movie
I feel like I was raped!
1. Artsy fartsy is one thing but to waste film stock for endless minutes of people staring or having nonsense dialogue is useless.
2. There was so many scenes that made no sense. It is as if the director started filming a train of thought, they broke for lunch, forgot that they were in the middle of this train of thought, and left it and moved on to filming a new train of thought.
3. The rape scene was disturbing and I will give credit, was one of the best and realistic rape scenes that I have seen in a movie. That being said, I found it:
(a) Unbelievable that the strong young boy, even punched etc. when he is now going to be anally violated, does not put up a further fight.
(b) Where is the punishment for the rapist's actions? I understand the artsy fartsy point of telling the ending that perhaps its Christian whom is calling and demanding money as blackmail to keep quiet, but do we - after enduring so many (see above) started train of thoughts on this film to have them dropped with no explanation?
4. What was with the whole bar/drinking/throwing up scenes there for? More wasted film stock.
5. What was with the cloths in the pool? With so much open ended topics, one would have thought that maybe Christian was dead in the pool, either drowned by the old fool, or he had committed suicide.
Frankly, I do like a good movie and one that lets you think and not have it served up like Pablum, but this movie was actually painful to watch for all the wrong reasons.
Finally, yes the old men got together to have a sex romp, so its not like the lead was repressing his gayness, he was just wanted some young handsome boy to be his bottom. Based on the men that were at the farmhouse, can you blame him for wanting something more than the old fat balding men that he had to contend with to stay on the DownLow?
Mercyfully, I got to see this on NetFlix so there really was no cost but I still may ask for a refund on the prorate costs for the monthly shows I did watch and pay me a refund for this one.
A TRUE TRIP DOWN RUBBISH LANE.
Will & Grace (1998)
I too am a gay man and I found the show either stupid or offencive.
1. Stupid. There was not one level of gay in Will. It was as if he was a str8 man playing the part of a gay man with as much believability as Liberace playing a John Wayne role.
2. Offensive. Karen and her boozing - pill popping - and her boobs out there for everyone to see.
3. Stupid. The maid who after some time should not have to do the same act with the damn blue jacket and say the foolishness to Karen each and every show.
Cheers All For One And That One Is ME!
How Do You Know (2010)
What DId I Just Watch?
I have no idea what this movie was about. The acting was sub par and I blame this on the director and the script.
To take Jack Nicholson and screw up a movie is quite a feat. But to take him, and Witherspoon, and Wilson and put Rudd in the same movie and it goes no where is really a leap.
I do have some questions that perhaps someone can answer: 1. What was the whole assistant and her pregnant got to do with the story? 2. Why did he give her the watch and have this big party and then she says she wants to 'hang out' with Rudd? He goes from a strong person to a real wozz in the movie? 3. Witherspoon moves in and out that the door man must have had a time figuring out if she lived there or was visiting. Does she not sit and discuss why Owen made the comment? Is he not allowed to make a mistake as this is what appeared to be his first real live-in relationship so he is new to all of this.
Witherspoon's here comes off like a whinny self-absorbed (rymns with witch) Notice that I did not use the names of the people in the movie, because this was not a movie but a total waste of such great talent. Each could have gotten into phone booths and called in their parts.
There was no depth and there was no reason to have any feelings for any of the people in the movie. Disjointed, mixed up, went no where and a waste of time.
I only give it 2 stars because of the actors in the movie and it is not their fault.
Take It All (2012)
Only a Sociopath could come up with this show!!
I was the first to review this show and gave it a 9. This is the first time I think that someone has gone back and edit their original review to change to this extent.
I apologize for my original review. Anyone that read my original review and felt that it was worth watching this masterpiece of bad taste, please read on.
This is horrid. I agree totally with the other posters.
1. This is a game of conning and lying. We mostly think of lawyers as low-life ... anything to win the game. This was proved in the Friday show. I could not have believed what I saw if I had it on TiVo and watched it again. Gladly, I was able to delete it and remove this show from further taping.
2. Its a nice concept until the last round. Then it just is a nasty game of tricking the other person into your honesty.
3. By letting them know much money is hidden at the end it makes for even more greed of the worst kind. Terrible Terrible Terrible!!!
Yes I am now very sure that this show was conceived by a sociopath who is enjoying his creation.
Shame on the network, the producers, Howie and also the contestants.
This is really a sad day for network TV