UnsustaiNiNable

Simply a wonderful, clever, crazy, funny, touching, intense, explosive hell of a show!, 28 December 2013

Breaking Bad has always been my favorite TV series but I never felt like writing a review about it or something, since many many people already said before me just what I wanted to say: it's without a doubt, the best TV series ever. That's something only a person who has followed plenty of TV shows in his own life could say, and I am that kind of person. I've seen The Sopranos, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Game Of Thrones, Twin Peaks and many other arguably defined "best TV shows ever", and Breaking Bad is definitely the best among them. The only one that's only SLIGHTLY inferior is HBO's best, Six Feet Under. Sure, I still have to try out shows like Mad Men and The Wire, but I doubt they could even go close to this AMC masterpiece. Breaking Bad is a perfect mix, since it has comedy, tragedy, action, horror and cop stuff, and no movie or show has ever integrated so many different genres in such a perfect way. Everything about it is excellent: the soundtrack, the directing, the montage, the metaphors, the little details, the acting, the writing, the twists... I never could describe it with words without missing important features it has, because it's a complete show, maybe the only one ever. 10/10

Kick-Ass 2 (2013)
This movie, despite the criticism, is more a hit than a miss!, 20 August 2013

There's not much to say about this movie. It brings just what it promises: violence (not too gory tough, so I don't really get all the hate for the so-called "extremely bloody violence" in this movie, because we only see a little bit of blood here and there), pervasive humor and alternation between a light and a dark tone throughout. So basically it's just like the first movie, only with more heart and action. But then why is it just a 7 out of 10, while the first one was easily a 9 out of 10? I don't really know, it's a psychological thing I guess. The first one was fresh, new, controversial. This one is nothing but a copy of that, but with more of everything. If you loved the first one you will love this one too, but you'll love it even more if you never saw the first one, if you know what I mean! 7/10.

One of the best season finales of HIMYM, 9.5\10, 14 May 2013

I'll start admitting that this season was the worst yet for this awesome series. I only liked 3 episodes this year, one of those being this one.

It starts normally, but we know something is going to change, because we need some kind of motivation to keep watching this series. And that's why the writers wisely chose to finally show us the "girl with the yellow umbrella", as it is referred to during the ending credits. And the scene was really breathtaking, that's why this very funny (compared to the season average level of humor) and serious episode is my favorite in a long time.

The actress they chose may not be the most beautiful girl Ted has been with, but hey, it's the real Mother, finally, after 8 years! And it's way more realistic this way.

I liked the Barney&Robin story, the Ted&Lily one and the Marshall&Family one too, but the true essence of this episode is in the very last 10 seconds. My heart almost exploded with joy when I finally saw the Mother.

Nice ending to a terrible terrible season. 9.5\10

Boring, boring, boring..., 13 May 2013

What the hell is happening? This show used to be fast paced, interesting, brutal, clever, creepy.. now it's just boring talk. Everyone just.. TALKS.. a LOT..

This episode, thanks to its ending, was kind of more dynamic compared to the last 2 or 3 ones, and yet it's pretty much just dialogs everywhere, and not any kind of dialogs, no.. these are boring, pointless and clever-wanna-be dialogs. Season 3 is just pathetic compared to the first two amazing seasons. The only interesting characters are Tyrion, Dany and Jaime, and we only see them for a couple of minutes per episode.

I would love to keep liking this show but I think that after season 3 I'm done with it (because I hate how they keep the action and interesting parts for the last 1 or 2 episodes, and then it just starts boring and slow again and again and again.. pure disappointment.

This show is sadly turning into the perfect sleeping pill, people.

Oh, and I repeat, this episode is WAY better than the last ones, but it's still plain boring.

Maniac (2012)
Innovative technique, same "horror" crap..., 10 May 2013

I decided to watch this movie ONLY because of the rating on this site, 6.4 is a pretty good rating for a horror movie. But I didn't find THAT something that other people found, it was just another "psycho-with- trauma" movie, and it didn't bring anything new to the genre, besides the FPS-like filmmaking technique. I found that interesting, and I admit it was the one and only thing that kept me awake during this boring and predictable movie.

Wood was great, but we almost didn't see him since this strange and effective technique. Well, good acting in his voice, I guess..

4.5\10

Movie 43 (2013)
I actually enjoyed it, much better than that crappy Scary Movie 5.., 3 May 2013

I wasn't sure in the beginning: to watch it or not to watch it? After the extremely negative reviews I almost deleted it from my computer, but then a sad and boring Sunday afternoon came and I had to see it, just to try it. Boy, was it a big surprise. I loved almost every story they tell, especially the one with Naomi Watts and the brother of Wolverine, where they were representing the.. let's say "parents no one would ever want". That segment was simply disgusting, hilarious, smart, stupid.. all in one. And the weird thing with the cartoon cat in the end, it just killed me, I swear!

What I'm trying to say it's that this movie isn't like crappy Scary Movie 5, Epic Movie, Disaster Movie.. No, it's more like Scary Movie 2, or 3, when the saga was ACTUALLY funny. It may be hard to watch sometimes, due to some pretty disgusting content, but it's more a win than a fail. People, don't even mind about the negative reviews and give it a try! It's not a masterpiece but one thing it does it perfectly: it helps you disconnect from the world and actually laugh for 90 minutes!

6.5\7

The Hunt (2012)
What a beautiful movie..., 1 May 2013

I rarely give a 10 out of a 10 to a movie, especially right after the screening, but this amazingly directed, written and acted little film is the perfect example of how drama should be done. I loved Mads' acting (maybe his character was too calm, given the situation he found himself in), but this actor really surprised me. I already saw him portraying Hannibal Lecter in the new series, and in Casino Royale, and boy, was I wrong thinking he only could perfectly portray psycho and\or evil characters. The director\writer is fascinating in doing his job, so I decided to watch one of his previous works too, Festen. I'll do it soon, and I hope it delivers, just like this one. I loved how he chose not to explain WHY the little girl did what she did, but it was implied, just for us. The viewer has to understand by himself most of the things, and when he does he remains fascinated by this wonderful choice the director made. The ending scene was just brilliant, significative... I recommend this movie to anyone who loves really intense dramas. 10\10.

This movie will BLOW your mind, 13 March 2012

Wow. I already knew Michael Shannon from Boardwalk Empire, and honestly that's the only reason I chose to watch Take Shelter. Because when you are familiar with the main actor, you are more likely to like the movie. But this title isn't just that. I am very happy I decided to watch this, because I thought it was gonna be a slow-paced and boring movie. Only that it was right the opposite. Michael Shannon is perfect for his role and the viewer (at least it worked with me) is almost mesmerized by the atmosphere and the plot. He should have get at least a nomination for Best Actor, and he should have win. Man, I just can't believe George Clooney got nominated and Shannon did not. Anyway, I don't want to spoil you anything, just go and watch this movie (better by your own) and be amazed by its atmosphere and actors. 10/10