jDriftyx82

Page 1 of 14:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Friends: The One with the Boobies (#1.13), 10 May 2011

PLOT: Chandler inadvertently sees Rachel's breasts as she comes out of the shower, which in turns starts a whole chain of peeking. Phoebe dates a shrink who has an annoying habit of analyzing everyone. Joey finds out his dad has a mistress.

My favorite episode of the first season is the one with the boobies. We have Phoebe's new boyfriend analyzing (and pissing off) the group. We learn more about everyone's past (because he tells us) and we get to meet Joey's dad. But because he is cheating on Joey's mom.

The episode is very funny and one of my favorites. Never forget it.

Friends: The One with the Dozen Lasagnas (#1.12), 2 May 2011

PLOT: Paolo and Rachel prepare for a weekend getaway, but before they go Pheobe gives him a massage. He hits on her and the friends debate whether or not to tell Rachel. Chandler and Joey purchase a foozball table. Carol is having a boy.

The episode of The Dozen Lasagnas is the one where Ross is his happiest. Why? Because Rachel and Paolo break up! And when Chandler and Joey realize they need a new table, they instead, they get a foozball table.

And Carol is having a boy! Oh, and Monica makes too many lasagnas and doesn't know what to do with them.

Friends: The One with Mrs. Bing (#1.11), 2 May 2011

PLOT: Chandler's popular, best-selling author mom, Nora Tyler Bing, announces on Jay Leno's show that her book tour's next stop is New York, and she gets the chance to see her son. Turning up in the Big Apple, she takes all the friends to a restaurant and encourages fan Rachel to try writing similarly cheap-steamy 'romantic formula' novels. She observes Ross' frustration about Rachel, assures him Paolo is not a hero that stays in the story to the end, unlike him, and somehow they kiss. Joey observes this who feels obliged to defend his mom Gloria's sex-appeal as equal, if you imagine her before producing seven children. Joey shames Ross into confessing the kiss to Chandler, who is irate and reads the riot act. Meanwhile Phoebe encouraged Monica to whistle to a hunk they saw walking on the street, which causes him to be hit by an ambulance and fall into a coma. They fantasize about him being the perfect boyfriend and compete to be the one to take care of him, hoping he'll wake up like a fairy tale prince.

Well, we've heard so much about them, and we finally met her, the iconic Mrs. Bing. The episode is of course funny, and a great episode.

Friends: The One with the Monkey (#1.10), 2 May 2011

PLOT: It is almost New Years and lonely Ross adopts capucin monkey Marcel. All the friends adore Marcel - except Monica. The friends agree not to bring dates to the New Year's Eve party, however everyone but Ross breaks the promise. However, things go wrong again; amongst all of the madness, Joey kisses Chandler at midnight. Written by Angie Ross is tired of living alone but doesn't want a roommate at his age so he adopts the capucin monkey Marcel. Marcel is cute in everybody's eyes, except cleaning freak Monica who returns little of the monkey's love. With Paolo about to return to Rome, it looks like New Year's Eve will see the friends desperate for someone to kiss at midnight, so Chandler launches a pact for them all not to kiss anyone. However, Rachel learns Paolo can be back early, Monica asks her ex Fun Bobby and Chandler invites his hellish ex Janice. Joey met a single mother shopping, so Ross fears to be the only single left after Phoebe hooks up with scientist David.

The iconic monkey episode may not be my favorite episode, but it's still a great episode.

Friends: The One Where Underdog Gets Away (#1.9), 1 May 2011

PLOT: With their parents away Monica and Ross decide to have Thanksgiving dinner alone together at Monica's. However, one by one the other friends join them. Rachel says that she can't afford to buy a ticket for Vail to be with her family. Joey confesses that his family thinks that he has V.D. because he appeared in an ad campaign. Chandler recalls his story of how he doesn't eat thanks giving food because of bad family memories. Phoebe brings her Grandmother, confesses that she observes Thanksgiving in December because her Grandma's boyfriend is Lunar. As the Macy's parade passes by, the Underdog balloon gets loose. The friends rush onto the terrace for a better view and get locked out, so the dinner burns. Chandler is happy because everyone eats grilled cheese sandwiches.

Most sitcoms generally have holiday episodes, because how else could we relate to the show if they weren't going through the same things we are going through? The episode is of course really funny, and I personally think the Friends Thanksgiving episodes are better than any other TV shows Thanksgiving episodes.

Friends: The One Where Nana Dies Twice (#1.8), 1 May 2011

PLOT: Chandler is shocked to learn that people he works with think that he is gay. He asks his friends why, and they tell him that they also thought that he was gay when they first met him. Monica's Grandmother dies, and Ross falls down the open grave, and gets high on pain killers.

The eighth episode of Friends has a different kind of humor in it. Similar sense of humor to Death at a Funeral. The episode finds death funny. I was also caught off guard when Nana died "again" (the first time I watched it).

This episode is hilarious and really different from the other episodes.

Friends: The One with the Blackout (#1.7), 30 April 2011

PLOT: When a power-cut blacks out most of New York City, Chandler, to his delight finds himself trapped inside an ATM vestibule with Victoria's Secret model Jill Goodacre. She lets him use her cell-phone, and offers him gum which he instantly regrets refusing. He accidentally spits out her gum which he finally accepted, then picks up some to put back in his mouth and begins to choke when he realizes it wasn't the original gum. The others kill time in Monica's apartment, lit by the light from a Menorah, telling stories of the weirdest places they ever had sex. Joey tells Ross he waited too long moving onto Rachel and is now too far into the 'friend's zone.' Ross still tries to make a move on Rachel while stargazing on the balcony. Joey keeps the other girls inside by pretending Ross prepares a birthday surprise party for Monica. A wandering cat scratches Ross. Rachel and Phoebe go knocking on their neighbor's doors to find the cat's owner, seeing through odd neighbor Mr. Heckles's who lies about being the owner. On their mission, they bump into the hunky, and actual cat-owner, Paolo, who only speaks Italian. Rachel brings him back to the apartment where he outstrips Ross's flirting, even not being able to speak English.

The Blackout is by far one of the best, if not THE best episode of season 1. And it's one of my over all favorites. It's just hilarious. All the different plot lines are funny, the dialogue is funny, it's an awesome episode.

Following, 30 April 2011

No matter what director it is, they all have that student film that taught them how to make a movie, for Tarantino, it's My Best Friend's Birthday, for Darren Aronofsky, it was Pi, and for Christopher Nolan, it's Following.

Now, just to clarify, I am not really a huge fan of Pi and My Best Friend's Birthday.

Following, is about a young writer who follows people for material, until he is approached by one of his "victims" and he brings him into the world of breaking and entering.

There isn't much to say about Following, it's a good movie, but it's too short, and it doesn't really know where it's going until there's about 15 minutes left. The last 15 minutes were great, but up until then, they were just breaking into houses and stuff.

The movie is like Memento. In that way, it's a little mixed up in the way that it doesn't play chronologically. But it's very enjoyable and we can certainly see where Nolan came from with this film.

Friends: The One with the Butt (#1.6), 29 April 2011

PLOT: The friends attend Joey's new musical, Freud. At the theater, Chandler meets a beautiful women named Aurora. Joey gets hired to be Al Pacino's butt double. Chandler learns that Aurora is married, AND has another boyfriend.

Well, Joey has finally done it! He has gotten a movie role! And Al Pacino is starring in it! But, Joey is play his butt double.

Meanwhile, Chandler meets a beautiful woman. She is perfect. But, she has a husband! Not only that, but she has a boyfriend, too.

This is definitely the funniest episode of the first 6 episodes. It is funny and brutal.

Why Did I Get Married?, 28 April 2011

It's an understatement to say that the 4.4 rating is appalling. The movie may be by Tyler Perry, but he did do a good job putting this movie together.

The movie is based on Perry's play of the same title. And the play is highly recommended, and I'm surprised the movie isn't as recommended. The movie is great and needs more recognition.

The movie surrounds four couples, all have their baggage, secret, and problems. They all fight. The movie is about couples who fight in different ways. They all fight, and they fight for different reasons and have different problems, but the movie is about how they deal with those problems.

I highly recommend this Tyler Perry movie.

Page 1 of 14:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]