bearfaceproductions

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

What killed this movie..., 8 March 2013

I actually have seen the first two movies of REC and I absolutely love them. I saw so many bad reviews for this but I didn't care, and now I think I should have lowered my expectations. I am a huge fan of the movies but I have to confess this one was a huge disappointment.

At first the introduction was taking way too long with the characters, but we still manage to get at least 50 minutes of zombie/possessed people attacks. But it wasn't scary at all, I don't know if the directors lost their touch or was it the different camera style they used now, but all I know it's that it lacks horror. Yes the fighting sequences were intense and somewhat thrilling, but here's what went even more wrong with the film. There was no plot, while the previous films did give a good story, this one was just lacking a lot. Everything we see in the film we already know because of the previous films, and it relies way too much on that. We don't discover the origins of the Medeiros Girl, we don't know the origin of the infection. And even though it was not meant to be a prequel nor a sequel, we don't get anything new.

It would have been a good thriller movie if it wasn't for the ending. Right before the movie ended I was gonna give this a 7/10, but no. We see no plot what so ever a lack of scares, but we see thrilling action sequences that are pretty good, from a married couple trying their best to survive and yet, we get a few seconds of negligence and the couple suddenly turns stupid and die. So what was the movie made for? Nothing, it's a waste of space. The franchise could have kept going without this piece of junk, I'll just ignore it exists and hope REC Apocalypse is not as bad.

Couldn't it have been longer?, 25 October 2012

I mean come on this movie was thrilling from the beginning to the end. non-stop horror thrill ride. I am a fan of the games and I gotta say I was really surprised with this installment based on the fact that Gans didn't direct this one. Though my only complain is the run time of the film. It felt that the script was so rushed and it was trying to cover up many story lines from the game and the first film that could leave many non-silent hill video game fans very confused, but the fan will know exactly what's going on. It was tied up nicely to the first film but left many loose ends, but it's not something a third movie couldn't fix.

For video game fans: It's just as faithful to the game as the first movie was faithful to the first game (think about it). The movie ran in the same order as it did in the video game, and contains so many references for the third game installment. As for the atmosphere it was a bit tame compared to the games, but still chilling.

The acting was pretty decent and the special effects were amazing. It's thrills it's what mostly stands out from the film, it has its scary moments and a horrifying atmosphere. It's bloodier than the first one. Though I was kinda left out with a feeling wanting for more, I wasn't satisfied enough, which is why I'm desperately calling out for another installment, I mean this franchise can be just as successful as Resident Evil.

If you liked the first one, you'll like this one too, especially if your a fan of the game. If you're not a fan of the games, then I don't think you'll get quite as much thrills as I got.

Meh..., 16 September 2011

Well... I saw that many people have different views of this movie. Just like the other American Paranormal Activity movies, this one has its pros and cons.

In some aspects it's a little better than the American Version, but in other aspects it's not as good.

When it comes to scary, it delivers pretty much the same amount of frights (and if not somewhat better). When it comes to the story, it drives off from the original story into a new one that doesn't seem so creative. There were some surprising new elements into this installment, some that were good and some that were not as much. The ending was a bit weird, but I thought that was better than the original American ending. I just wish that the script wasn't so rushed.

In short, some aspects are better and some aren't (I wouldn't say worst), yet it's a fine entry to the Paranormal Activity saga, I just think it was a bit unnecessary to do this semi-sequel/semi-remake. But some people differ from this opinion saying it's better than the American Version and some prefer the American one. But this is just my point of view, I think I'll stick to the American version, though I wouldn't mind seeing another Japanese installment.

Tyler's Best Play, so far, 30 November 2010

I thought to myself. "Hmm... another repetitive play is up for sale" Curious I watched it and laughed harder than ever, and for the first time I felt emotional in a certain scene.

It had way more depth than any other play he's ever done, with some new elements to his stories, it becomes very successful.

Better camera angles, good acting and great scenery. I was very amazed, with a deeper message for practically everyone (specially the youth) has made this one play I'd like to watch over and over again, with such rich musical scenes and excellently written script.

I don't understand the low rating here, but it's typical since everyone has haters.

Great for Tyler Perry it's a 10.

Go Watch It... without a straight face, 26 October 2010

I didn't know what to expect, waiting so much for the movie, excited because of the trailers, questioning the reviews. Finally the day has come.

Ummm... What? I'm sorry watching this with a straight face is completely bad. It had to be M. Night Shylaman to ruin a good series. I am 19 years old and I really love Avatar: The last airbender, the TV series. This is not what everyone envisioned.

The kids haven't had a long time acting career, so they're acting was pretty bad, so I'll give them a break, because is M. Night's fault they acted horribly. Also the filmed was so badly directed and such horrible script, it was laughable. The names pronunciation shouldn't have been changed it was horrible.

As an adaptation, the story was way too rushed to keep up with the whole season. Practically none of the actors possessed they're personalities according to the original story.

The only thing everyone can agree with is that the special visual effects were great, and the fighting scenes as well. Unfortunately this doesn't make up for everything else which was terrible.

But on the other hand, I had a good time laughing because of the bad directing and of course, the funny and stupid dialogs the movie had. I found myself enjoying this film, it's the year's number one comedy. So yeah I recommend it for anyone who wants to have a good time laughing at writers and directors. That's very enjoyable.

King Ramses: The scariest yet most entertaining episode of Courage, 30 July 2010

Back when I was a child, I was too scared to see this episode. King Ramses was presented with a different animation than the one used for the other villains in the series. The eerie voice and physical appearance made the King Ramses episode stand out from the others. Today, I watch king ramses with no fear of him,though I still find him creepy. I came to realize that it was one of the funniest episodes also.

As for the "Clutching foot" it was also funny. Representing the 1970's typical gangster slang. Also the ending was a bit twisted and comical.

But no episode will catch enough interest, like the one "King Ramses Curse" got. Not even "house of discontent"

ohhhhhh... Perfection, 23 June 2010

As we all know, back 1995, the first 3D animated film made history becoming (at least in my book) the greatest animated film of all time. Following another Toy Story in 1999, which was also a success in the franchise. Now today on 2010, we get the third installment, and thus creating the best animated film trilogy the world has ever known.

It's fun, it's funny, well directed and well written. May not be as good as the first one but I feel it's better than the 2nd one. For it's story it's surprising to see such a great introduction for each new character and for each one to have a unique personality, that stays true to the franchise, such a richly scripted movie. If there's a company that really knows how to do good animated films it's Pixar.

Such good and fascinating animation and story, making this the best animated film of the year. With a great ending that made me tear a little but it's touching and it makes you think. I never thought a G rated movie would make and entire audience cry, even adults were sniffling and weeping, how is that even possible?! Well Pixar did it.

Toy Story it's a definitely must-see for all Toy Story fans. It's fantastic!!! It's the perfect animated movie.

Has more potential and humor than any other new nick show, 14 March 2010

With the Madagscar movie franchise it seems the penguins became very famous. So let's see how a series made especially for them works.

It's hilarious, it's fun, it's entertaining and it has a lot of potential.

I really hope it stays as long as the Spongebob series.

So original, with lovable characters and a good story in each episode.

It's funny when it wants to be, the cast is simply amazing.

At first a show for them didn't seem like such a good idea, but let me tell you that it was the best idea anyone could have had for TV.

Grown-ups give the show a chance kids and adults are bound to have a good time with the penguins. I really hope it stays that good 'cause you can't find any new show as successful as this, these days.

It's a 10 of 10!!!

You literally get dragged to hell with this., 14 February 2010

I'm sorry but... SERIOUSLY!!! How much were the critics and the people paid to give it a good review? This has got to be the worst horror film ever. With so many bad horror films lately, I thought this would make a difference but no, it's actually worse than any of the others.

Let's see. Bad acting by practically everyone. Bad directing and poor written script. Also I thought that since it had the "horror" tag in the movie it would scare me, yet it failed to scare me. It's OK to have a jump scare a few times but by the 20th time its just annoying. Also I found it to be boring since (for no reason) the movie tried to make people laugh, but it just made me puke and I felt disturbed.

Oh, and what people seemed to like more was the ending. That's where I ask... WHY?!?!?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?!?!?!?!?

The film is about a woman who gets a curse that will take her to hell in three days, and she looks for many ways to get rid of it, and if she didn't get rid of it at the end... then why did I watch the movie for?

It was a waste of time: -Boring -Disturbing -Unscary -Awful -Poor

I'm sorry but, the words to describe how horrible this movie was, are too much.

I really wish I could give a rating less than 1.

The Greatest Youtuber EVER, 4 February 2010

The Shane Dawson TV Youtube channel consists of this crazy dude that creates many sketches in order to make people laugh, and let me tell you that he fully succeeds doing that.

His original character named "Shanaynay" is his best idea for a character. A crazy woman who has many problems and doesn't care about any consequences that might cause her actions.

Shane Dawson is always blogging about many interesting this, and he explains his side of what he wants to vlog about. This guy is very spontaneous, you don't see any of the jokes coming and these turnout to be a laugh-fest.

But be warned that he can be a little crude when it comes to sex jokes.

Either way he is the funniest guy you could find on the internet.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]