porazzim42

Totally Insulting, 22 August 2009

I have been trying to like this show since it came out but I simply cannot do it. This show trys to depict how high school really is, and as a teenager, I find this show insulting. Yes, some teenagers have sex and get pregnate, but not every sentence is about who's doing who, when they do it, why their doing it, who wants to be doing it...come on. Every line in this show is about sex. And that is completely inaccurate.

The character of Amy is also unreasonable and irritating...she always seems on the verge of tears...why Ben loves her I don't know. Her mother is useless and is too wrapped up her own sex life. The only character I can stomach is Adrian because she is not as fake as everyone else and I especially can't stand Grace. The whole episode when she thought she killed her father because she had sex was so ridiculous I was laughing. I hope people don't think this is how teenagers really are.

Se7en (1995)
Questions Morality, 16 August 2009

This movie was flat-out amazing. It was gripping, fascinating, and not only that but it makes you question your own morality. Brad Pitt plays David Mills, a young detective who thinks he knows it all. Morgan Freeman plays the seasoned detective who knows the way of the world. These two unalike people are thrust together when a series of murders, that are taking after the 7 sins, take place. What occurs next is a series of gruesome murders that people who have a weak stomach probably shouldn't see. I'll give one example...the "eat till he burst guy". Pretty revolting.

The two actors are amazing, as they usually are. But the real gem of the movie is Kevin Spacey, although he didn't show up until the end. Mills is convinced, as most normal people would be, that John Doe, the killer, is just "crazy". But as the movie progresses and then you finally hear from the killer at the end, he is more than that. He really isn't "crazy" per say. He knows what he's doing and he's quite good at it. He is evil and yet he thinks he's doing this world a favor by killing some of the scum of the face of this planet. As I watched the scene in which Spacey describes the people he killed, I had a fleeting moment in which I thought, well maybe he was.

And that's what this movie wanted you to think. But this guy was pure evil...the definition of a psychopath. The end of the movie is both shocking and angering. Now I'm not going to give away the ending to those who haven't seen it, but for those who have seen it, would you have done what Brad Pitt did? Thjis movie doesn't have a happy ending or leave you with all the answers. It leaves you something to discuss and think about. That's why this movie is amazing.

An Under-rated Gem, 1 August 2009

Wow...this was one of the most powerful and emotionally gripping movies I have ever seen. The story is told through the eyes of the main character, Gilbert, played marvelously by Johnny Depp. This is a story that most of us can relate to. Gilbert feels trapped in the small town of Endora and doesn't know how he can leave. He has been thrown responsibilities and obligations that he wasn't ready to have. After the death of his father, he is the man of the family, forced to care for his very obese mother, 2 sisters, and his mentally handicapped younger brother Arnie. Due to his mothers health, he is basically the parent of Arnie.

He is frustrated and he tries to numb himself from feeling anything at all. He tries to make himself a robot and has almost succeeded until the arrival of Becky. Becky inspires Gilbert to open up his heart...he heart he had closed off for quite some time. She shows him how to open his eyes and see...truly see.

The performances were amazing...Leonardo DiCaprio is nothing short of spectacular. Darlene Cates gives a truly heart-breaking performance as Mama. My favorite line in this film, which I feel is the theme, is when Gilbert says, "We can go anywhere...if we want."

Blow (2001)
Very Good, 14 July 2009

This was an absolutely astonishing film with a sensational performance by Johnny Depp. This movie tells the true story of "Boston George", a marijuana and cocaine dealer. I especially liked it because it didn't make it obvious that they were painting George as a hero...because they weren't. It allowed the audience to form their own opinions about Jung. My feelings for George changed over time. At first, I despised him for all the heartbreak he caused his daughter...all those broken promises he made to her and all the times he made her cry. I identify a lot with Kristina and that made it difficult to like him.

I still don't necessarily like him, but I do not hate him anymore. He for the most part confuses me. He was given so many chances, and yet he still went back to drugs, knowing there was always a possibility of getting caught. But the final jail sentence at the end of the movie, in my opinion, is very unfair. It is much too long for the crime he committed.

Now I realize that George is human...he is not perfect nor had he ever pretended to be. He made a considerable amount of mistakes in his life and now he is paying with his freedom.

Hatching Pete (2009) (TV)
Give me a break!, 7 June 2009

Oh, you've got to be kidding me! What is the world is up with Disney? Remember when Disney was responsible for classics such as Tarzan, Mulan and The Little Mermaid. And now we have these ridiculous TV shows that should be insulting to kids such as Jonas and Phineous and Ferb and movies about a boy finding his confidence in a chicken suit!! C'mon!!

I can't even believe the actors, if you can call them actors, can talk about this movie with a straight face. And by the way, Mitchell Musso looks like a bird himself!!!

I can't even believe people watch this junk!! I would have rated this a zero, but the choice was unavailable.

The Reader (2008)
A Bit Odd, 31 May 2009

Okay, if I were the Academy Awards, I would have given Kate Winslet the Oscar for Revolutionary Road. She was compelling and she showed all different kinds of emotions and she refused to let her character get one-sided. But in this movie, all she does, is screw, bath, bath, screw, read-to-me then we screw...I was waiting for something to happen because I knew the second half HAD GOT to be better.

But, alas, it was not. Throughout the course of the movie, it was made plain that Hanna could not read or write. That is why she had Micheal read to her. But during the court scene, when the other Nazi's blamed the writing of the report on Hanna and the judge puts a notepad in front of her, instead of saying she can't read or write, she takes the blame. Okay, you'll be going to jail for almost half of your life but no one will know she can't read or write. I mean come on!!! How stupid can you be. She was on trail for MURDER!!!!!!!!!

The judge probably wouldn't have believed her but still...she would have said something and that would have made this movie a little bit more interesting. But no, instead of saying she couldn't read, she went to jail for about 20 year while the rest of them got 4.

Titanic (1997)
Beautiful, 27 May 2009

I absolutely adore this movie and it is one of my favorites of all time. Of course, so many people love to despise this film because of it's major success. And a lot of people don't want to admit that they actually enjoyed it. But, alas, I am certainly not one of those people.

I thought the movie was a beautiful testament to the power of true love. And for those of you that thought this love story was corny, fake, or unreal, than you obviously haven't yet experienced the feeling. Leonardo DiCaprio, in the role that made him super-famous, was fantastic, even though it was not the best role in either of the main actors career. Kate and Leo are absolutely my favorite actors. The supporting cast did an excellent job, especially Billy Zane and the fabulous Kathy Bates.

Oh, and one more thing...I wish that people would stop with the age-stereotypes on this film. So many people say that only teenage girls would like this "crappy" movie. I'm sorry, but that is untrue. When you say that, it is like you are saying that teenage girls are immature and only went to see this because of Leo. I take offense to that. Age is a number, not what determines whether of not you like a film. I am a teenage girl, but if you have read any of my comments, you'd realize that I am most certainly not immature. So stop generalizing, okay.

Unecissary Narration, 25 May 2009

Okay, I am a MAJOR fan of Kate Winslet and I've seen a good majority of her films. I watched this one and I though it was okay...not great, but good. The storyline was gripping, the acting was superb...sounds like a real winner. But then comes the narration!!!

When I first saw that I was like, "What the heck?" Okay, I can see and I can hear and I can understand what's going on. I felt like I was being read aloud to and it annoyed me tremendously. If there was no narration, I would have rated it a 9.5, but to be frank, it nearly ruined it for me. But Kate and the others did very well with their parts and Jackie Earl Haylie was mesmerizing.

Hounddog (2007)
Not the greatest, 10 May 2009

Okay, this is definitely not the greatest film ever made, but it was still a good movie. I didn't find it to be boring...no actually, I was quite involved throughout the movie. Dakota Fanning is hands down one of THE best actresses i've ever seen. Her age doesn't have anything to do with the fact that she has so much range and versatility...something that a lot of older actresses lack.

This movie was about a young girl trying to find who she really is and what makes her her. Everything is new to her and she's just trying to grow up in a world that isn't always easy. She's been dealt a hard hand in life and she finds solace in the music. I thought it was a decent movie...however the only thing memorable is Dakota.

Sleepers (1996)
Brad Renfro Shines, 8 May 2009

I first watched this movie when I was 12 and it was so powerful and gripping that the images stayed with me for months and months before I viewed it again. I at the time was in love with Brad Pitt so I got this movie, and I had no idea what it was about. It was horrific, scary, and yet I loved the movie. It is one of my favorites. It was a dream cast and they all did excellent. However, the young boys stole the show from all of the others.

Geoff Wigdor, Joe Perrino, Jonathon Tucker and the late but greatly missed Brad Renfro conveyed the innocence of youth and excellently portrayed that innocence being lost. Kevin Bacon was chilling as always and did a marvelous job as Nokes. Jason Patric, Brad Pitt, Billy Crudup, and Ron Eldard were good, but did not come to par with the performance of the actors playing their younger selves. DeNiro was fantastic, playing Father Bobby as only he can.

My favorite scene was when the boys were sitting around the table and were talking about what they wanted when the left Wilkonsin. "The truth stays with us"...uh, Brad Renfro was amazing.

The movie made me track down the book and that has become my favorite book of all time. This movie shows not only the horrors of child abuse but the power of friendship. Watch it!!!!!!!