dan_c99

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Undeniably a classic!, 18 November 2014

This is Hitchcock's best film – quite an accomplishment, considering how many great films he created. And after half a century, "North By Northwest" holds up beautifully. This film has it all: suspense, glamour, humor, and images that capture the imagination and remain etched in memory. The legendary crop-dusting sequence alone is a master class in the art of pure cinema. Like the rest of the film, it's brilliantly conceived and brilliantly executed. All the elements come together to produce the finest form of entertainment. Bernard Herrmann's frantic fandango captures the complexity and pace of the action. Ernest Lehman's script is full of sophisticated dialogue. Performances are spot on. Has Cary Grant ever been more engaging? Is James Mason the ultimate in charming villains? And Eva Marie Saint's allure is multi-faceted. Movies just don't get better than this.

Deja Vu (2006)
A terrible movie, just awful..., 11 November 2014

This movie is not even a science fiction movie. Its ridiculous. Excuse me Denzel, but how could you get involved in this? Oh, for the money! Nothing is explained well. this movie wasn't supposed to be a comedy, but it is. But as soon they started to "talk" about wormholes etc this movie was over. Denzel Washington is usually worth watching, but not here - the movie is just too awful.

It's a really sorry piece of work, anybody with the least knowledge of Sci Fi will Agree that this movie is just ridiculous.

Tony Scott jumped off a bridge in L.A. not too long ago, probably dismayed over the portfolio of junk movies he'd made during his career. While that is indeed a shame, at least we won't have to worry about more movies like this from him.

The worst junk imaginable, 24 October 2014

Absolutely awful.

Why was Nicole Kidman in this? It seems an odd choice for her. Although I will agree she is breathtaking here both physically(she actually looks Russian-the girl is like a chameleon) and as an actress.

All of the other actors are stupid and ugly.

The writing is dreadful.

And what was up with that stupid car?

But I ultimately turned this off and watched something else instead. why you ask?

Boring. Unfunny. Weird. Stupid. Unbelievable. Unsexy. Embarrassing. Ridiculous.

Need I go on?

Unmitigated trash, utterly moronic, 2 October 2014

This plot is a ridiculous left wing psycho fantasy. Understand that military contractors are completely responsible for all the violence in the world and aided by the Speaker of the House, and will start a nuclear war to (somehow) maximize profits. Throw in the usual rednecks as bad guys .Totally ruined a below average action movie. The acting is OK as far as the plot will let pretty decent performers utter their preposterous lines with a straight face. Spoiler alert- (if that is possible with this movie) If you can get past the blatant propaganda you are still faced with characters such as the pilots who would do things such disobey orders and for all they knew allow a nuclear strike on Iran, killing millions of children to save one child. This is simply Hollywood at its elitist fantasy world worst and the scarier part that they believe-possibly accurately - the viewer is really that dumb.

An absolute ripoff of Chinatown, 29 August 2014

Better to watch Chinatown again than this overrated junk. The story was too contrived and needlessly complicated. Kim Basinger is no Faye Dunaway. The period music was applied with a trowel, and I never believed any of the characters was a real 'tough guy'. A bunch of Hollywood types pretending to be rough characters. And it never established a real period feel. By the way, having Danny Devito in this movie made it a total joke. We're supposed to take The Penguin seriously as a character in a major film? And his voice-over was a cliché, something I would expect in a satirical film.

I'm mystified that so many people think this movie is great.

Terrible, just terrible, 13 August 2014

I really like Vincent Donofrio, but his movie choices are uniformly bad. The only decent things he's ever been in are Full Metal Jacket and Law And Order - Criminal Intent.

This movie starts off slow and then slumps off from there. Ridiculous characters, implausible behavior, clichéd performances, stupid story. It's all there, all the problems any film can have, all in one place. They should use this as a teaching tool in Film School: coursename = 'How Not To Make a Movie' , and a companion course: 'How To Ruin The Careers Of Actors Who May Actually Have Some Talent'.

Don't waste your time, life is too short and each hour is precious...

A vile piece of junk, 8 August 2014

I wish I could say anything positive about it, but I feel the responsibility to keep people, especially young folks, away from this movie. This is literally the worst movie ever. I do not understand how this movie can be entertaining in any way. The scenes are mostly disgusting and it's length could be reduced to an hour at most. The plot is a rehash.

This is basically 'Good Fellas', but with Wasps instead of Mafiosi. Do whatever criminal behavior you want, steal anything you want, use as much drugs as you want, abuse as many women as you can. But, at the same time, "Don't you think I'm cute?" "Don't you wish you could be my friend?" Success has allowed Scorcese to amp up the debauchery to a ridiculous level. What's next for him, actual film of disembowelment? The main difference is that Goodfellas had a somewhat satisfying ending: they mostly got what they deserved, especially the guy who got shot in the head.

Scorcese now appears to be repeating himself (come to think of it, the plot isn't much different than 'Gangs Of New York' either).

It happens to most of the great directors: their originality runs out, the studio bosses don't rein them in because of their prior success, audiences continue to buy tickets for a while.

So long, Marty, it was good while it lasted.

Don't waste your time, 1 August 2014

The Marvel team has once again given us another bunch of junk. The ever growing 'Marvel Cinematic Universe' deserves to be destroyed, and I found myself rooting for the bad guys to put the rest of the sappy characters out of their misery. James Gunn takes the helm of the fairly unknown 'Guardians of the Galaxy', much to his detriment. Unlike Iron Man, Captain America and Thor join this film as partners in grime. An unmitigated disaster, total junk, a complete waste of time and utterly forgettable. Stay home and watch Friends reruns, they are more creative and still more relevant than this unimaginative, unoriginal mishmash of plagiarized elements from other films.

Ugghhhh...

Noah (2014)
A very worthwhile and noble effort, 31 March 2014

It's disappointing that this movie is so polarizing and that the negative opinions are those of people who claim to be religious. For those who are reading their comments, please look at them with skepticism and understand that they are complaining that Noah is not the fairy-tale account that they expected. Their arguments are overly simplistic: Noah was not dark, this is a movie about environmentalism, there were no rock creatures, God was not silent...

All of this is driven by a belief that they must 'warn' people about this movie.

So please. Do not lump all Christians into the same basket and think that they cannot find truth or beauty in this work. Aronofsky explores beautiful truths and builds on them with this movie.

Liberal propaganda posing as a movie, 17 February 2014

I don't need to write a great deal about it because it isn't worth it. I mean Clooney the arrogant liberal loon is enough. Of course he is ridiculous.

Typical stereotyping, even down to the 'honest' candidate. Bleehhh.

The acting was weak, there was no real plot and by mid movie it was an typical liberal Hollywood fantasy . The movie is just a total snooze as well. Only Democrat drones will dig the lies and propaganda that Clooney spouts off about same old tired nonsense.

His skills as a director are non-existent, and his acting consists of mugging for the camera with that stupid smirk on his face.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]