James-p-r

This film is a MASTERPIECE!, 19 May 2012

UK title "Avengers Assemble"/ Rest-Of-World "The Avengers". Just like "Transformers: Dark of the Moon", this film was eagerly anticipated by fans, such as myself. I could not wait for the film to be released on 26th April. Unlike "TF3" however, this film live up to the hype. It surpassed my expectations (and I expected a lot). It didn't feel forced and certainly did not feel like a sequel to one particular lead-up film. It felt like a well-made sequel to ALL the films.

The final battle wasn't just an all-out brawl - it seemed integral to the story and characterisation of the film.

Every character had their "time to shine" and they were as you remember them from their "build-up" films - Tony Stark was cocky, witty and likable, Steve Rodgers was patriotic, a "man-out-of-time" and focused on the mission and Thor was a demi-god warrior.

Then there's the Hulk, played by Mark Ruffalo instead of Ed Norton this time around. This Hulk/Banner was perfect. Ruffalo brought a sense of humour to this famously angry character and really helped pull-off the Hulk where others have either tried and failed (Hulk 2003) or tried and only just failed (The Incredible Hulk 2008).

We also got a brief look at Black Widow (Scarlett Johanson)'s background and her relationship with Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner). Even next to their super-powered team-mates, these two proved their worth to be part of the team.

Tom Hiddleston as Loki was brilliant, Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury was what you'd expect from this actor, Clark Gregg was once again great as Phil Coulson and Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill was a good decision and while her performance was good I feel she was underused.

This film has and amazing soundtrack, brilliant actors, likable characters (even Loki), great 3D effects, an enjoyable story and epic action. Congratulations and thank you to Director Joss Whedon and the rest of the crew for putting together a masterpiece.