waldenpond88

Best Russian Movie, 17 November 2009

Growing up in West Germany in the sixties/seventies, this was the first Russian movie that I watched and until this day I haven't seen a better one (and I watched quite a few Russian films).

Tanya lives with her mother in a small village by the sea. Her father who is married again, moves to the village with his second wife and stepson Kolya. Tanya and Kolya are in the same class at school and fall in love.

I watched the film in 1967 and again today. I was trying to find this movie for many years and finally found it on amazon.com by a private seller. It's as wonderful as it was 42 years ago and even if you cannot get it with English subtitles, it's still wonderful to watch. Especially when you know the story.

Galina Polskich became a famous Russian actress. This was her first movie. In Germany it was called "Liebe mit 16" (Love with 16). According to TCM she also played in a TV movie called "Fatal Deception: Mrs. Lee Harvey Oswald" which is not listed in Galina's filmography on the IMDb.

Spoiler Alert...The Ghost of Monk's Island, 8 November 2009

This is probably the best CFF movie that has been produced AFTER 1965 (I personally prefer the older ones, especially those from the fifties). It's about a group of 4 children who are stranded on an uninhibited island (or so it seems). After a few days they are aware that there is a monk on the island following them around...

I have a German dubbed version from this movie recorded in 1989 from TV. I'm also desperately trying to find these other CFF movies: "Mystery in the Mine", "Five Have a Mystery To Solve", "The Little Ballerina", "Danger Point", "Davey Jones Locker", "Friend or Foe", "The Hostages", "In der Bucht von Kitty Hawk" (don't know the English title), "The Man from Nowhere", "The Missing Note", "The Sea Children", "River Rivals", "Treasure in Malta", "Operation Third Form", "The Piper's Tune", "The Secret Cave", "Valley of the Kings", "Ambush at Devil's Gap", "Beware of the Dog", "Dear End Creek", "Five Clues to Fortune" (aka "The Treasure of Woburn Abbey"), "Fourwinds Island", "Night Cargoes", "Raiders of the River", "The Young Detectives", "The Young Jacobites", "Swift Water" and "Bravo Jean".

It would be great to get in touch with another CFF collector. I have 17 CFF movies in English and 22 with German dubbing. Please write to waldenpond88@hotmail.com . Thanks!

Wish this was available on DVD!, 22 September 2009

I loved this Australian TV series when it aired in 1967 on German TV. It was a huge success and my classmates discussed it every week. I never missed a single episode.

Does anybody know if the complete TV series is finally available on DVD? I checked the Internet several times over the past few years, but so far unsuccessful.

If you could help me, please write to waldenpond88@hotmail.com. Thanks!

O.k., I cannot submit this text unless it contains 10 lines, so I will talk now about CFF movies (Childrens Film Foundation movies from Great Britain). I'm looking for 40+ years for a copy from "Mystery in the Mine" with Ingrid Cardon and Stewart Guidotti. Does anybody know somebody who has access to CFF movies maybe??? Would be awesome!

My Favorite TV Western Series, 13 September 2009

Does anybody know if "Yancy Derringer" was actually based on a book or maybe an old New Orleans legend? I tried to find it in amazon.com, but was not successful. If anybody knows please tell me at waldenpond88@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Loved the series when it was on German TV in 1967 and am very lucky that I could find it last fall online. It's as great as it was 42 years ago....some things fortunately never change :)!

My favorite episodes are the ones with Beverly Garland playing river pirate Coco LaSalle, "The Belle from Boston" and the episodes about Yancy's family mansion Waverly like "Old Dixie".

Looking for a copy of this CFF film, 7 August 2009

Watched this in the mid to late sixties on German TV and was always trying to find a copy. Is there anybody out there who has one and would be willing to make a copy for me? I'm looking for this one for more than 40 years. This would be a dream come true! My e-mail address is waldenpond88@hotmail.com.

The British Children's Film Foundation (CFF) produced lots of very good and very thrilling movies for kids in the fifties and until the mid sixties. Everything that has been made after 1966 is unfortunately not nearly as good as the early black & white films.

Rank Screen Services and Rayant Pictures were among the movie production companies who made movies for CFF.

I remember one scene where the little ballerina got locked in a room at the dance school by a jealous girl to keep her from performing in front of a jury.

Looking for a copy of this CFF film, 7 August 2009

The CFF has been founded by Mary Field.

This film was on the German channel Pro7 in the summer of 1989. Unfortunately I missed recording it. I hope somebody was smarter than me, recorded it and later transfered it to DVD.

Looking for a copy from this CFF film, 7 August 2009

Watched this in the mid to late sixties on German TV and was always trying to find a copy. Is there anybody out there who has one and would be willing to make a copy for me? I'm looking for this one for more than 40 years. This would be a dream come true! My e-mail address is waldenpond 88 at hotmail dot com.

The CFF has been founded by Mary Field.

David Hemmings later starred in Antonioni's "Blow Up" and David Cameron married German actress, singer and writer Hildegard Knef.

Looking for a copy from this CFF film, 7 August 2009

The CFF has been founded by Mary Field.

This is about a group of children who are crossing the Pyrenees in order to escape their enemies.

Looking for a copy from this film, 7 August 2009

Didi, I envy you so very much for having been to the BFI in London on 8/2/09 and being able to watch this Blyton movie! Why is the CFTF not making commercial copies on DVD???

One of the best CFF movies from the fifties, 7 August 2009

The CFF has been founded by Mary Field.

I remember that one of the kids did hide the jewels in her teddy bear.