carla-godfrey2506

Brilliant!, 4 October 2010

A terrific drama that explores the different and difficult relationships between the servants and the upper-classes. Julian takes care to make sure that the servants have just as an important part as their masters and balances it beautifully! There's treachery, love, and plenty more to look forward to. Julian shows us that there is more to a stately home than meets the eye, and pays careful attention to show that what you see on the outside is not necessarily what you get on the inside. There's plenty of conniving going on between Miss O'Brian and footman Thomas to make sure that you are never bored for a single second. So tear yourself away from the day to day life of the twenty-first century and plunge into the early twentieth, I promise you, you won't regret it!!!!!!

"Sherlock" (2010)
Brilliant!, 26 July 2010

I think it is always a bit uncertain and tricky when a 19th century series or film is modernised and most of the time it doesn't work, especially if it is well known and liked but I was very very impressed. Benedict does a brilliant job portraying the famous sleuth and made a 19th century character and modern day London merge beautifully. Martin Freeman was also great as Dr Watson. Rupert Graves made a brilliant Lestrade. It was sharp, quick and kept you on your toes and you just couldn't wait to see what happened next, this was of course completed by brilliant acting from the actors. I'm so pleased it got favourable reviews from the critics, roll on the next episode!!!!