Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
Or Reset Your Avatar
Cloud Atlas (2012)
An Art-House Lovers Delight
An Art-House Lovers Delight
Please note I am using a lot of other movie's name in order to make us understand the level of quality/class, and not comparing with those movies.
To be honest, after watching the wonderful Life of Pi, I had no interest in watching any other Art movie this year 2012. And Cloud Atlas!! It had 6 stories, 3hr run time, the failure of Speed Racer all made me stay away from CA (Cloud Atlas).
But after reading the reviews, I was amazed nobody has given a poor review. Hence, I watched it and WOW !! What a powerful come back by the Wachowski Brothers. It needs a strong heart, will, courage, support, belief and balls of steel to make this epic movie. It is as epic as the LOTR woven in just yes just 3hrs. Even the review cannot be summarized in a short paragraph. But, I will try to keep it simple.
1. Superb acting by Jim Broadbent followed by Hugh Grant, Tom Hanks, Ben Whishaw.
2. Cinematography was grand .. like Life of Pi
3. Story Story telling initially u will feel like lost, but slowly everything comes to place; good pace & was gripping like the Inception.
4. Art movie / Indie movie at its best.
5. Music Background score, Original music
A must watch movie guys. If this is an ART movie, then I want more.
Inception is an Exception
To watch and feel the Inception movie . Here's my tip - Watch the days last show and then go to sleep, u'll definitely wake up two or three times to check whether u r are dreaming or not(u can even use a spinning top to check whether u r dreaming or not _ as used by Mr.Cob in the movie) . Sorry guys, but that is the hangover u take with u after watching the movie.
OK ! Let's start the review.
Why did I went to watch this movie
1. It's written by C. Nolan and guess what, he also is the director of this movie.
2. The story of dream invasion,it's not easy to make a film on this subject.
3. The cast made it more appeal-able.
4. New (fresh new) special effect scenes.
Highlighting point of the movie
1.It is a story about dream invasion, where the characters goes into the dream of Jr. Fischer and wants to implant a new IDEA , which is not easy ,as the new IDEA will not be accepted by Jr. Fischer (or any person) because its somebody Else's thought or an IDEA.
2. So, to make it possible, they have a plan. And it is the execution of this plan which is shown in the movie.
3. To be very honest, it's not a fairy tale story or a fantasy kind of movie/story.
4. The technical aspects of this movie are immaculate, because every action had its true reaction. The use of Science (Physics) used in this movie is awesome.
5. The story is very real in its hypothesis, For e.g. a) If the Van is falling from a bridge into the water in 1 min (in the 1st dream), then it will wake up the guys in 10 mins in the 2nd layer of their dream and 30 mins for the guys in the 3nd layer of the dream and many more examples which is kept very realistic.
About the director
Standing ovation for Mr. Christopher Nolan.
1. For writing this movie/story.
2. To make or direct a movie exactly as it is written.
3.Even though the story is very complicated, Nolan helped us to understand this movie. You can feel his efforts, and he did everything to make this movie understandable. In fact Inception is much easy to understand than Memento.
4. He has done a fine job in maintain the pace and suspense. There isn't any dull moment in the movie. 5. Special effects were new . Look out for Joseph Gordon-Levitt fight.
1. Leonardo is the star of this movie
2. Tom Hardy(Handsome Bob ) is the second in the performance
3. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the stylish and sexy.
Summary I am a reviewer who does not enter the story in my review if the film is good. So, sorry No clues
Just watch the days last show and then go to sleep, u'll definitely wake up two or three times to check whether u r are dreaming or not(u can even use a spinning top to check whether u r dreaming or not _ as used by Mr.Cob in the movie)
Best 3D IMAX movie till date
Gravity (2013) Ohh Yesss !
Finally we have an OUTSTANDING movie here.Best of this year and one of the best movie set on the Space + Astronaut Theme. From Kids to Oldies, every loved this movie. (It was not the same case with "2001: A Space Odyssey" / "Apollo 13") For me,it's as groundbreaking as "Jurassic Park" in terms of special effects and technology."James Cameroon ! SUCK IT!!" It's a Paradise for Chris Nolan & Stanley Kubrik fans. This movie is 100% 3D, can't be enjoyed anywhere. I highly recommend everybody to watch this movie only in 3D IMAX Theatre.
1. Camera work
2. Visual Effects & Cinematography
3. Breathtaking Action sequence
4. Awesome 3D work. You really feel connected to the movie. "Ahem! The 3D effects in the action sequence were so real, that we defended ourselves from the falling space station debris. Yaayeekss!"
5. Casting: Best after a long time. Sandra Bullock gave a Superb performance & she looked so beautiful. -- <3 -> George Clooney was as cool as he is, made us believed that he is a matured astronaut.
6. Movie run time is only 93 minutes.
7. Each and every frame of the movie has something in it. Need to watch it carefully. 8. The movie flows like a poetry. Art at its best.
1. It will make us addictive to watch again & again.
2. You will always want this movie to be in your library & will definitely buy a Blue Ray copy of this one.
3. It's the best 3D IMAX movie till date
Oscar Nomination from my side for the below category:
1. Best Visual Effects
2. Best Cinematography
3. Best Director (Surely)
4. Best Actress Nomination
In short, its an Art movie with blockbuster features & sales. \m/
watch SHAITAN !
Anurag Kashyap .... yes.. that's the name everyone looks before going to watch a movie which has new actors, director, music directors, weird movie title (every body expects the title "Shaitan" to be associated with a horror one). And Anurag did it again by just being a produce. Its like "the MIDAS touch".
First, i was never going to watch this movie, but just gave a shot coz i am a huge fan of Anurag Kashyap. And.. taddaa ! I was not disappointed, even though the director is Bijoy Nambiar.
About Direction - Nambiar has his own style, can say the Guy Ritchie of Bollywood. Super slow motion, more involvement of camera as a character, fast paced flash backs, witty narration and good background music.
About actors - Really believable.. 'that's what is required in a movie'. Most of the lead actors were new ,but were well seasoned campaigners from the TV channels. Rajiv Khandelwal's role was very impact full, so was all the support actors.
About Music - Perfect ! just fitted the movie. It was just a character of the movie. Am really upset and wondering that ... y the songs.. "Khoya khoya chand and Hawa hawai" is not there in the OST? :(
About the Movie - Its the best Bollywood has to offer after "3 Idiots". Its... stylish, has good action, acting, music and its a zero VFX movie. The whole movie is real in its look (the roads, buildings, character, story). We can relate it to our own daily life routine. That's where the movie scores its mark. And above the all.. you can OR just watch this movie in theater... simply superb ! for its action, music, run chase, super slow mo scenes.
Aaah ! Shaitan ......
Source Code (2011)
Best in 2011 till date.
Source Code is a must watch, not that it is the best in 2011 so far, but for its originality and its a movie to keep in your Library.
By the initial trailer, i was not so impressed and was not so keen to watch it after watching Jake's "Prince of Persia" :P. But just felt watching it after its fantastic reviews. And this time the reviews were bang ON. Review cant explain the brilliance of this flick.
Now i feel, its better or equal to "Inception" (for its brain work). Everything had an honesty in it.. be it the Director, Actor, Story, Special Effects.
The good part of the movie is that, its not an over the top movie (Inception).. everything shown is very simple, which indirectly made it more realistic ,rather than a Sci-Fi fantasy.
Full marks to the:
Director: for keeping the movie more believable, fast paced, maintain the suspense and slowly revealing it, and all without using Million dollar VFX.
Actors & Jake: All the Actors (Jake, Michelle, Jeffry,Vera ) were top notch in their performances and added the emotion touch to it. Special thanks to Jake, as he was the one who made us believable and we got more attached to his feelings n emotions.
Story: very original. it had suspense, thriller, emotion/drama, action.. all at fast pace.
People who loved The Matrix & Inception will definitely enjoy this. I did.
Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010)
Best in 3D movies, till Date.
Yes, its the best 3D movie till date (better than Avatar). It could have been the best Zombie movie, but the zombiness was missing. Ha ! but who cares, its still the best action movie of this year. The Resident Evil series is getting better and better.This is Paul Anderson's best work till date.The timing of the 3D effects is perfect (this what we expect from a 3D movie, rather than watching birds flying and Blue men running in a 2 and a half hour Avatar, just like another Discovery channel Bird show)
Why you should watch this movie ?
1. Best in the Resident Evil series.
2. Top class use of 3D, stylish,great music, awesome slow mo actions and scary.
3. One of the best Zombie movie.
4. No boring zone.
After Angelina Jolie , its Mila Jovovich .
TRON: Legacy (2010)
Triumph of the TRON
First of all,its a must watch movie, just like the Avatar. It was better than Avatar for me, coz it was short with exciting action sequence. In fact i would watch TRON once again rather than Avatar. OK, enough of Avatar.
Why i went to watch this Flick..
1. It was obvious-6 months of brain wash(continuous trailer on the Net,TV,Theater and a completely new look OR new world to the movie....for e.g Matrix)
2.Sound Track-From my guess,this would be the only movie i know that its OST was highlighted for a movie promo extensively.Felt like they wer the characters too.
3.Great special effects and stunt design/choreography.
Where the Movie score point:-
1. Special Effects and Stunts.
2.Music-soul of the movie.Daft Punk was an immaculate Pick.
3. New Look and its TRON world. (the Neon glow is an instant hit and watch out guys, this Neon glow might be the Theme of this 31st Decembers party theme)
4.Can also be enjoyed on 2D.
1.Story is not great or there is no story (could hav just kept the Game if they didn't had any story in their mind)
2.Dull moment in the middle (just for 15 mins)which really drops your excitement.
But, all in all a must watch. Could have easily been the 2000s Star Wars.Anyways, its not easy to make such Movies,so we should appreciate for what we hav got now and may expect them to better in the coming sequels.
Its Trontastic !
Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)
9 out of 10
Hachiko: A Dog's Story (2009)
Please Please Please watch this Movie
My rating is *********/10
First - Its the best Animal movie till date (31/05/2010) and which animal could be best than our own loyal and friendly ....The DOG.
2.Dog owners would understand it much faster than the non dog owners. Only a dog owner can understand the vibes/connection/mutual understanding between him and his dog
3. I gave it 9 points as the movie is different from the true story. The true story is more touching.
4.Richard Gere is outstanding in this movie. Never felt like he was acting. Actually i was surprised to see him working in this movie.By his acting ,he added that extra touch to the movie along with the DOG.
5. You may find it weird, but the acting of the dog was remarkable... i mean ... if i had to give points in acting ..then the DOG will earn more points than Richard Gere. Yes ,the DOG acted in this movie rather than jump from one wall, kicking football or doing those crazy Home Alone tricks.
6.This movie is completely powered with acting performance by the DOG and Mr.Richards. They are the soul of this movie.
7. Good work done by the Station Master and the Hot Dog Man.
8. Half the credit should go to the director Mr.Lasse Hallström ,as he has put a lot of hard work in getting those perfect expression of the dog and also captured those special moments between the owner and the dog.
Summary I am a reviewer who does not enter the story in my review if the film is good. So , sorry . No clues .
Just watch it !
The Avengers (2012)
Ten out of Ten
Ten out of Ten
I along with my friend went to watch this movie on the basis of IMDb reviews. And boy !! The reviews didn't disappoint us.
Why I was not having too much expectations on this movie
1. 6 Heroes !! Its very difficult to give enough screen time to all of them and at the same time keep the pace of the movie as well. (Spider Man 3 was a classic example of this goof up)
2. Was concerned about the Mega Villain.
3.Bad reactions on the casting of Mark Ruffalo as HULK.
4. Lately, a lot of Super hero movies were flops or average. (Green Lantern & Iron Man)
But now, I would definitely ask you all to watch this movie .. coz .
1. The movie has cleverly given the screen time to everybody.
2.Loki made a tough Villain to beat alone.
3. Everybody loved Mark and as well as the HULK.
4. Timing of the funny moments were spot on.
5.Technologically good as par with Avatar and Transformer 3.
6. The best Super Hero Movie out now with Batman series. 7. Avengers will be enjoyed by a 10 year old kid to a 60 year old man. (I am 30 and my friend is 38)
8. Can be enjoyed in 2D as well.
Waiting for Avengers 2
The Man with the Iron Fists (2012)
RZA ! Please stick to Rapping. Stop Raping movies.
The Man with the Iron Fists 
The worst movie of 2012.
Never imagined, it would turn out be such a pathetic movie.
1. Culturally and Technically, it's a disaster. You can easily enjoy any Kung Fu movie from the 80s. But this one just doesn't respect those movies. An Afro American as a lead role in an 18th century Kung Fu movie? (results could have been different, if they had a good actor with good Kung Fu skills) David Bautista (from WWF) doing a Tiger Style ? Why does he even needs to do Kung Fu, if he always turns himself into metal while fighting? The lead Cantonese actors seems like they have just stepped out of world famous Hair Stylist's Parlor.
2. Lead Hero RZA !!! Even Enrique Iglesias is a better actor than him. RZA sucks !! He looks so sucky. Feels like some devil has sucked the hell out of him.
3. Very disappointing to know that RZA is an avid follower of Q. Tarantino. Till date, only Robert Rodriguez has done justice to Tarantino.
4. Russel Crowe !!! Apart from pussy licking, fingering and butt tapping, he has nothing in this movie to work on. Wondering how he signed this project.
5. This movie is unimaginably unimaginable.