Page 1 of 25:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Godzilla (1998/I)
Pretty Good But Yet Decent, 30 December 2008

Starring: Matthew Broderick, Jean Reno, Maria Pitillo, Kevin Dunn, Hank Azaria, Vicki Lewis, Harry Shearer and Malcolm Denare

Genre: Action/Sci-Fi/Thriller

Rated: PG-13

This is another movie that a lot of people and critics have bashed on but once again I disagree. The movie is about Nick Tatopolous (Matthew Broderick) who mainly studies earthworms until the government reassigns him to an even bigger (and I do mean bigger) assignment than earthworms and that is the footprints of a giant lizard that attacked some Japanese ships. Of course the lizard turns out to be not other than Godzilla which ends up running out and causing havoc in New York. So now it's up to Nick Tatopolous, The Government, Philippe Roache (Jean Reno) and his French organization to stop Godzilla. Now I have never seen any of the original Godzilla movies (the ones that were made from Japan) but from looking at the original Godzilla, this one doesn't have the same characteristics as the original, the original Godzilla breathes fire and is invincible and this one in the movie doesn't breathe fire and is weaker since he gets shot down by missiles when the only thing that can defeat him is another monster. But I most say that I take the design of Godzilla in this movie more serious than the original Godzilla because this Godzilla looks cool and the original Godzilla to me looks funny looking. I didn't like the fact that they made this Godzilla lay eggs because male lizards cannot lay eggs and the whole egg bit was just an excuse for Roland Emmerich to copy off of Jurassic Park instead of staying true to the character. I did think it was funny that this movie spoofed Siskel & Ebert (even though I like Siskel & Ebert) which Roland Emmerich did because they have never gave thumbs up to any of his movies, but Roland didn't even take advantage of this joke and even Gene Siskel mentioned that Roland Emmerich should've taken advantage of putting the critics in this movie. I also thought some of the dialogue in this movie could have been way better but other than that everything else is alright. The movie even had a surviving egg at the end that was going to set it up for a sequel but it never happened due to all the negative reviews. I would've liked to see a sequel to this movie but at least I'm glad that they continued this movie in a cartoon series which was good. Overall just decent popcorn entertainment.

Decent Popcorn Entertainment, 29 December 2008

Wild Wild West

Starring: Will Smith, Kevin Kline, Salma Hayek, Kenneth Branagh, Ted Levine, Bai Ling, Musetta Vander, Sofia Eng, Frederique van der Wal and M. Emmet Walsh

Genre: Action/Comedy/Western/Sci-Fi

Rated: PG-13

I'm a huge fan of Will Smith and his movies but this one I think was one of his decent ones but not exactly the best. A lot of people and movie critics have hated on this movie, but me I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of hating on this movie, I actually think it's alright. So the movie is based off the old 1960's television series. The movie is about a former Civil-War hero, Jim West (Will Smith) and a US Marshall, Artemus Gordon (Kevin Kline) who both have a different way of handling justice but Ulysses S Grant (Kevin Kline, again) teams up the duo to stop Dr. Arliss Loveless (Kenneth Branagh). While on the mission, our heroes get distracted by the appearance of Rita Escobar (Salma Hayek) who tags along in the mission and is the daughter of one of the captured scientists. The humor in this movie is alright but can be a little dry at the same time, not mention the movie could've had better writing but no one's perfect. The chemistry with Will Smith and Kevin Kline is basically your average Action/Comedy duo, Will Smith's character is the kind of who relies on his instincts and asks questions later while Kevin Kline's character is basically the total opposite and yet sophisticated. I'd have to say the thing I didn't like about this movie was the giant spider which I thought was kind of ridiculous. I was also hoping that they would do a sequel to this movie but after the years have pasted with this movie, it doesn't look like it's going to happen. But overall, the movie is just popcorn entertainment.

The Worst Movie By Marvel Ever! The 2004 One Was Way Better Than This Crap!, 11 December 2008

Punisher: War Zone

Starring: Ray Stevenson, Dominic West, Wayne Knight, Doug Hutchinson, Julie Benz, Larry Day and Colin Salmon

Genre: Action/Drama/Crime/Thriller

Rated: R

When I heard about another Punisher movie and they recast The Punisher with Ray Stevenson, I had mixed feelings of whether or not to go see this movie. Because I liked the 2004 Punisher movie, that had Thomas Jane playing the title character and I was disappointed that they recast him with someone who I never even heard of. So anyway this movie isn't a sequel to the 2004 movie, because it has no connection at all to the 2004 one, so it's separate to it, a reboot. Anyway, the movie shows some flashbacks of how Frank Castle (Ray Stevenson) became The Punisher, but the movie takes place six years after he became The Punisher. So The Punisher is now after a gangster named Billy Russoti (Dominic West) after taking down another crime family, but while The Punisher is after him he kills an undercover FBI agent and disfigures Billy making him become Jigsaw. The FBI hires Paul Budiansky (Colin Salmon) to join The Punisher Task Force, which basically is a department in the FBI that's trying to bring in The Punisher of course. Frank Castle decides he wants to retire from being The Punisher until Jigsaw starts recruiting a massive army of mobsters, gangsters and psychotic killers. All the fight scenes are all the same everyone gets blown up and or stabbed to where you just want to feel grossed out, the last one was pretty violent but this one is just pushing the limits. Ray Stevenson does a terrible job as The Punisher and has completely ruined it! Originally this was supposed to be a sequel to the 2004 movie but then Jonathan Hensleigh (the director of the 2004 Punisher) dropped out for some reason and was replaced by Lexi Alexander who kicked Thomas Jane off the project and changed this movie completely! This movie is not worthy at all! The acting is terrible, half the dialogue is weak and it was all just an excuse to have a lot of blood shed and scenes were they blow stuff up! Overall, this movie sucks and I will take The Punisher with Thomas Jane anytime.

W. (2008/I)
Pretty Boring, 9 December 2008

Starring: Josh Brolin, James Cromwell, Elizabeth Banks, Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright, Richard Dreyfuss, Ioan Gruffudd, Jason Ritter, Jesse Bradford and Rob Corddry

Genre: Biography/Drama

Rated: PG-13

Honestly, I don't know why I'm giving this movie a review but I feel that I might as well do review it anyway. Basically the movie is of course about George Walker Bush's (Josh Brolin) life and career. The only reason I saw this movie is because I thought it would be sort of interesting even though I hate George Bush with the freaking passion and because I wanted to see how Oliver Stone put this movie in prospective. Plus I also heard not only was this movie supposed to be serious but also a dark comedy, but when I watched the movie they took the movie to seriously and didn't see anything funny about it and not even the audience was laughing. The only funny things that are funny about George Bush is when comedians are making fun of him in sketch comedy TV shows. Now the casting for the movie was passable, Josh Brolin did a good job as George Bush and Richard Dreyfuss did an alright Dick Cheney but Robert Duvall I think would have a better Dick Cheney. The main reason why I found this movie boring is because Oliver Stone has this habit with biography movies where he'll start off with a further event, then go back to a past event, then back to a further event, then a past event and well you get the idea. What I'm trying to say is that Oliver Stone didn't put the events in chronological order like every other biography movies. Also felt that Oliver Stone made this movie too soon since Bush was still in office. If Oliver Stone is going to make anymore movies about certain people or certain events he needs to wait for few years to where it's not too soon and putting the events in chronological order! I will say this though, I did like the part where it showed George Bush Sr (James Cromwell) lose to Bill Clinton in one of the past flashback scenes but I say that because Bill Clinton was the last good president and that I vote democrat most of the time. Overall, boring and Oliver Stone really needs to take a break from making movies about certain events (like "World Trade Center") and certain people (like this movie) because he keeps making them soon for their time and if he wants to win an Oscar for movies like this he must wait.

Fun Series!, 25 October 2008

I was pretty amazed for what NBC did for bringing back Knight Rider in a new form. A lot of people keeping thinking that this series is a remake when it is a really a sequel to the original Knight Rider from the 80's. So basically the show revolves around Mike Traceur (Justin Bruening) who is the son of Michael Knight and is the new driver of the next KITT (Knight Industries Three Thousand) which was designed by Mike's former girlfriend, Sarah Graiman and her father, Charles Graiman. A lot of people have been bashing this series and I don't see why they should? I think the show is fun, the acting is pretty good and the show gets me coming back for more action and fun each week. Plus I also liked it that they made the new KITT (voiced by Val Kilmer) to be a Ford Mustang, which is making me want to get my own Ford Mustang. But I think overall that this series is fun as well as the 1980's series.

"K-Ville" (2007)
When Will FOX Learn!?, 18 October 2008

FOX just never learns when it comes to good shows, K-Ville joins the roster of good shows that FOX cancels after 1 or 2 seasons. K-Ville is a cop show that takes place two years after Hurricane Katrina and the select few of officers that have remained on the New Orleans Police Department. Marlin Boulet (Anthony Anderson) is a veteran of the NOPD's Action Felony Squad and gets stranded by his old partner in the storm two years ago, Marlin is still attempted to keep some little bit of order to all the chaos that has happened and remains faithful to the city of New Orleans. He meets a new guy named Trevor Cobb (Cole Hauser) who becomes his new partner but has ulterior motives than Marlin Boulet even though Trevor Cobb had a pretty bad criminal past. So Marlin Boulet and Trevor Cobb work together in order to bring justice back into New Orleans as the city continues to get back on it's feet. The show has great plots, Anthony Anderson and Cole Hauser make a great team! FOX just can't seem to even open their eyes and realize that they are wasting good shows like this and keeping some crappy reality shows like "Kitchen Nightmares" and "The Moment of Truth". Overall, good show that FOX should have kept!

The Action Ride Continues!, 18 October 2008

Transporter 2

Starring: Jason Statham, Alessandro Gassman, Amber Valletta, Keith David, Francois Berleand, Shannon Briggs, Hunter Clary and Matthew Modine

Genre: Action/Crime/Thriller

Rated: PG-13

After seeing the first "Transporter", I didn't expect that there would be a sequel but unexpectedly good enough to make a franchise. Jason Statham returns as "The Transporter" Frank Martin who is now an ex-Special Forces operative and retired from his chosen profession of moving dangerous goods, he now makes his living driving for a wealthy family in Miami. Frank drives the wealthy Billings family's son, Jack Billings (Hunter Clary) to and from school until their son becomes a kidnapping target for a gang led by Gianni (Alessandro Gassman). Now Frank Martin must do everything he can to get the Billings' son back at all cost! The movie has more great car chases and more self stunt work by Jason Statham. I can't wait for Transporter 3! I can't believe how Jason Statham has turned the last movie into a line of sequels but I like it! Overall great as the first movie but see the first movie before this one.

One Hell Of A Ride!, 18 October 2008

The Transporter

Starring: Jason Statham, Shu Qi, Francois Berleand, Matt Schulze and Ric Young

Genre: Action/Crime/Thriller

Rated: PG-13

After a few supporting roles, Jason Statham finally gets lead role in The Transporter. In this movie, Jason Statham plays Frank Martin, a man who is a freelance transporter who is hired to deliver a package to an American gangster known as Darren "Wall Street" Bettencourt (Matt Schulze). Frank has 4 rules when it comes to transporting and they are "Never Change The Deal", "No Names", Never Open The Package" and "Never Make A Promise You Can't Keep". He eventually breaks one of the rules by opening the package which turns out to be a kidnapped woman named Lai (Shu Qi). He eventually delivers the package to Wall Street but gets double crossed and now Frank must help Lai by rescuing enslaved people from China. Jason Statham does a great job in this movie and not to mention doing his own stunts as well. Also I like the car chase scenes and the cars placed in this movie. Overall good movie, I highly recommended if you're into stylized stunts and car chase scenes!

The Best Movie Out Of The Jay & Silent Bob Series!, 14 October 2008

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

Starring: Jason Mewes, Kevin Smith, Shannon Elizabeth, Ali Larter, Eliza Dusku, Jason Lee, Ben Affleck, Sean William Scott, Tracy Morgan, Jennifer Schwalbach Smith, Will Ferrell, Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson and Chris Rock

Special Appearances by: Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Shannen Doherty, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, George Carlin, Jamie Kennedy, Morris Day & The Time, Alanis Morissette, Wes Craven, Jason Biggs and James Van Der Beek

Genre: Comedy/Adventure

Rated: R

"Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" is the best out of the series and the last of the series as well. Jay & Silent Bob (Jason Mewes & Kevin Smith) found out that Bluntman & Chronic (the comic book based on their likenesses) was being turned into a movie that is in production by Miramax Films. Upon from learning about the movie, as well as the negative reaction the movie has received so far on the internet, our heroes set off on their adventure to Hollywood and to stop the movie from going into production. While on their way to Hollywood, our heroes get into a lot of events including Jay falling for Justice (Shannon Elizabeth) who is a member of a group of female jewel thieves (Ali Larter, Jennifer Schwalbuch Smith & Eliza Dushku) as well as being on the run from Wildlife Marshall Willenholly (Will Ferrell). This is my most favorite movie out of the entire series, second being "Mallrats". I also like all the pop culture references jokes and the many turn of events that happen while Jay & Silent Bob are on their way to Hollywood. It's too bad it was the last of the "Jay & Silent Bob" series but at least they ended it on a good note, but they ever do another one then I would love the idea but I'm glad we get to see Jay & Silent Bob again in "Clerks 2" after all what's "Clerks" what without Jay & Silent Bob? One thing for sure without Jay & Silent Bob they never would have had these hilarious spin-off movies of them. Overall, the best out of the whole series!

Mallrats (1995)
One Of The Best Movies Out Of The Jay & Silent Bob Movies, 14 October 2008

Starring: Jason Mewes, Kevin Smith, Jason Lee, Shannen Doherty, Ben Affleck, Joey Lauren Adams, Claire Forlani and a special appearance by Stan Lee

Genre: Comedy

Rated: R

"Mallrats" is the first movie out of the Jay & Silent Bob/Clerks spin-off movies. The movie is about two suburban high school friends, TS Quint and Brodie Bruce (Jeremy London & Jason Lee) who both get dumped by their girlfriends, Rene and Brandi (Shannen Doherty & Claire Forlani), on the same day and so they both go to the mall to forget their loses. While at the mall, TS's ex-girlfriend is going on a dating game show that is being filmed at the mall on the same day while Brodie's girlfriend is going out with Brodie's arch nemesis, Shannon Hamilton (Ben Affleck), the clothing store manager. Brodie asks Jay & Silent Bob (Jason Mewes & Kevin Smith) to make sure that the show doesn't happen and all their attempts ended up failing. This one is probably my favorite out of the Jay & Silent Bob movies next to "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back". Hilarious overall, Jay & Silent Bob never fail to make me laugh!

Page 1 of 25:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]