drake34

Great first episode., 13 August 2013

Low Winter Sun's premiere was so intriguing. Shady cops who go too far like the premise of 'To Live and Die In LA'...kind of.

It is 'To Live and Die In Detroit'...I like it so far.

Lenny James may be nominated and maybe even WIN an Emmy for best supporting actor.

Awesome. I love to listen to him. Oh...and Gayle from Breaking Bad played by David Costable is on there too...he is in the Internal Affairs division on Low Winter Sun. I mean...it is dark and evil...so NOT for everyone, but I like what I have seen so far, but only one episode.

I have grown to trust AMC and their programming. Love Breaking Bad...LOVED Rubicon...love Mad Men and based upon those shows...I am more apt to check out new shows. Cannot say that about any other channel, so thank you AMC...again. Giving this show the green light was a good idea.

Amy is the Queen of Self Deprecation, 17 June 2013

The series features Schumer's take on life, sex, men, women, dating & relationships through scripted scenes, stand-up routines, & woman-on- the-street interviews.

Self deprecating humor is defined where you put yourself down. Sometimes funny, but sometimes overused fishing for compliments or a signal of low self-esteem. Example: "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have. My boss told me that was NOT a good look for the office." Amy would read that & LOVE that definition & the example.

I find this show funny because the dating segments usually are a mix between a woman with rock bottom self esteem mixed with some cold & cruel narcissistic dude. I thought several sketches were laugh out loud funny BECAUSE they are so over the top & out of control. What I love about Amy is how she can show painful disappointment with her hilarious but very subtle facial expressions...as people put her down and treat her with zero respect constantly. I am a fan of this show as it is TRULY a fun social commentary on modern dating. What makes me laugh the MOST are the sketches that have the "Hell Date" or "Disaster Date" feel to them. Oh man...at times I am sitting there saying this is my life.

It REALLY has SOME shades of truth to it...how self absorbed our society has become. Then some scripted scenes are so off the wall...like her nightmare sketch...OMG...so hilarious. Blah...blah...blah...I am stuck in Amy's nightmare on a daily basis.

("Blah...blah...blah...Eli Manning...blah...blah...blah...sports...blah...blah...blah...natural birth...blah...blah...blah...")

Modern dating is so depressing that so many people can seriously relate to this show. I love Amy...she is my favorite comedienne...by far now. I first saw her on 'Red Eye' and thought she was great. I am so glad Comedy Central renewed this gem for another season.

Kudos to the writers...great work...great approach. Oh...I neglected to mention I love the guest appearances by some of her comedian friends. Cast has been fantastic so far. I have only seen 1 lame sketch out of 20 too.

So far...19 of 20 sketches made me laugh & that is SO RARE for me nowadays...so I thank you guys for cheering me up for once. I bet Amy has seriously experienced some of these "3 scoops or crazy" people as at times there is no way you can write this stuff...has to be based on real "characters" one of the writers or Amy has had the displeasure of coming across. I meet them too & that is another reason I am a fan. I can totally relate. It is like someone followed me around with a video camera in a day of my life...sad but true...it is totally like this show...on a daily basis, but FOR REAL.

Wanted: More Background To This Story, 13 June 2013

**Caution...Spoiler Alert**

Although I loved the raid at the end, I was disappointed in Kathryn Bigelow's effort but I understand perhaps she limited the scope for some very good reasons. Playing 9/11 audio with a blank screen in the beginning is fine, but SHOW the entire complexity of efforts to make this a more comprehensive story.

I also thought Ms. Bigelow could develop the Maya character...just a bit more about her...more like 'The Hurt Locker'.

I REALLY wanted to see the frustration build for 10 solid years...the near misses.

Start from the very beginning and slow it down. Start from the Clinton Administration...9/11...the Bush Administration...the Obama Administration. Complete the picture.

After the Africa bombings in 1998 American warships fired seventy-nine Tomahawk cruise missiles into Afghanistan and Sudan. In Afghanistan, the attack failed to hit its main targets—bin Laden, Zawahiri, and the other Al Qaeda leaders. Show this. We almost had him pinned down in Tora Bora...led to a massive bombing campaign. They had him cornered at one point. Show this.

The near misses would have put the viewer(s) on the edge of their seat(s)...and made this a 10 star rating...easily. If it took 4 hours to tell this story...I would be willing to watch every single minute of it.

Desk Pop! Allen!!, 29 May 2013

Some of this movie made me laugh so hard. Will Ferrell and Marky Mark should do another movie together...great chemistry. Sure the plot was a bit off, but who cares? If you want to watch a stupid fun movie that gets "Step Brothers type" out of control and outright WEIRD...you will enjoy this one. The Christineth scene and desk pop scenes are just so obscure and fun. Oh...and I love when Marky Mark comes over for dinner. OMG...I laughed so hard and I really appreciate a good laugh right now. My life is not the best and just one laugh makes my night after a long and bad day of work...so thank you Will and Marky Mark!! It is not a serious movie...it is off the wall comedy. Oh and great to see Michael Keaton in this too!

So Well Written., 7 December 2012

**Spoiler Alert.

Great performances. Depressing subject matter. The trailer/preview made it look kind of silly...why they show the car racing scene in the trailer is way beyond me...so I was hesitant to rent this one.

As it turned out...the trailer did NOT do this gem of a film justice. The movie is very serious and almost a bit enlightening. So...I loved this movie.

Great idea for 2 people to go around the world and do what they always wanted to do.

However...to be clear...like the 'Shawshank Redemption' the conversations are what makes the film. Some great writing and Rob Reiner...excellent as always. Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are so much fun to listen to and I am so glad to have seen them on the screen together. Very well thought out conversations so kudos to the writing staff. Sure some scenes are disturbing and hard to watch in the hospital...especially if you have a loved one who has or is dealing with cancer, but after they get out...it is all about deep conversations that may lead the viewers into their own deep conversations.

Depressing yes, but not goofy like the preview or trailer was...it was so much more than that.

Shark Sandwich..., 7 December 2012

**Spoiler Alert!! Just a 2 word review...&%#* sandwich. I have to put in at least 10 words, so I could not do what I wanted to do after watching the last episode. This show is so silly. Are people really this naive? Would any sane American person with a bulls eye on their forehead go to Ghana to mine for gold? Would any sane person HONESTLY expect to leave Ghana with bricks of gold in hand 'without incident'? Actually this show is so bad...I am not going to waste any more of my time typing up a review.

Just a 1 word SUMMATION...

FAKE.

Zak PLEASE turn the lights on & lose the ghost box!!, 16 November 2012

Zak Bagans, Nick Groff, and Aaron Goodwin are the kind of guys I would hang out with. LOVE this show...never miss an episode (I am sober for almost 10 years now), so I never hit up the bars anymore. My only problem with the show and shows like this one? PUT THE LIGHTS ON...AND LOSE THE GHOST BOX. OMG...the ghost box is the most annoying noisy useless thing. Paranormal eye witnesses DO NOT see apparitions in the dark. Put the lights on and film in higher quality. There is no reason to have these three tripping over chairs and debris peeping at some tiny LCD screen. Think about it...you will be able to capture better footage and it will be just as scary.

Seriously...the night vision looks like crap and there is NO proof that it has to be dark during an investigation. NONE.

I love the history and documentary pieces.

Best part of the show is when Zak proved that Nick is a cheater on the golf course.

In all seriousness. I bet these 3 guys are the ones to once again capture real apparition footage.

I am sure it can be staged, but I like the show because of Zak Bagans, Nick Groff, and Aaron Goodwin...they seem like good people and they are fun to listen to. People like these 3 guys.

How can you NOT love Aaron's laugh.

This IS Cinema Quality TV. Period., 23 August 2012

Cinema quality sophisticated thriller with a twist... a deep character examination. Walter White is a fascinating character dealing with constant internal conflict. I do admit that this show is NOT for everyone. It is harsh, violent, but 20% of the time it is LOL funny (in a dark sort of way) too. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul...both amazing performances and are the superstars that make the show well worth watching. Jonathon Banks, Giancarlo Espinoza and Bob Odenkirk are the best supporting actors...maybe of all time. The writing is barely ever predictable. Amazing that for 5 seasons in a row...each episode actually improves. So...over the years...this show has reached uncharted territory for television.

My favorite episodes? 'Full Measures', 'Half Measures' 'Dead Freight', 'Ozmandias', 'Felinas', 'Seven Thirty Seven' and 'The Fly'. Too many more to mention, but those are noteworthy to say the least.episodes included some of the best work that I have seen on ANY screen. Vince Gilligan and his writing staff will take you on a roller coaster ride. Finally...it was something to look forward to on TV. I hope reality TV is finished because of this show. You buy the DVD set and you get 62+ hours of entertainment on just about the same level of 'Goodfellas' or 'Pulp Fiction' or 'Scarface'. I love Sunday nights and I love how I am on the edge of my seat...almost feel like I have to tell myself it is NOT real...it is a TV show. Latest season intrigued me as it deals with high tech crime. This show will blow your mind. It is so much fun and I am so thankful a good friend told me to check it out.

Finally a show REALLY scares me., 23 August 2012

Finally a show scares me. Nothing better than intently listening to a good ghost story. I loved that since I was a little kid. After searching and searching through lame EVP sessions and TOTALLY staged reality show nonsense...I found this gem Paranormal Witness. I mean...hair standing up on the back of your neck type stuff. I LOVE watching personal accounts of the unexplained...but the special effects and recreations are some new and innovative and scary images well worth checking out. 3 of the 10 episodes I have watched were kind of lame. But seriously...7 of 10 episodes got me SPOOKED which NEVER happens to me. You will see what I mean on June 5th, 2013 as the new season begins. I seriously have not been scared watching something since I watched Halloween in the movie theater long, long ago. Thanks Sy Fy for saying YES to this project. It is so well done...the actors always look so much like the real people too and that is amazing casting...but the effects are fantastic. Kudos to the crew...way to find good stories and get as many witnesses as possible. The Travis Walton episode was better than the movie...'Fire in the Sky'. It was amazing. The movie theater in Utah also scared the hell out of me.

"Overrated Hype" Era of Cinema., 29 May 2012

Kudos for awesome effects, but I was left to ask myself is this movie supposed to be funny or is it serious?

It was SO disappointing...it started out so great and was a flaw festival after the first 10 minutes.

This would be fun if you were on mushrooms. Without question...this very movie started the "overrated hype" era of cinema. All special effects and a laughable plot. Not one actor is proud of their performance in this movie, either. Pathetic waste of time. This film began a long run of total disappointment. I am sure people who loved it demanded their friend go run out and see it or rent it.

I am willing to wager...no matter what they told you to your face...in every single case...your friend never listened to your opinion again.

This movie opened the flood gates to the rest of the over hyped, overrated and over advertised garbage flooding TV screens and theaters today.

The great dead film makers of the past rolled over in their graves at least 3 times after this disaster of a movie came out.