nicki9112

Hysterical, 17 April 2014

You can never be sure what to expect in a sequel. Well this movie is surprisingly funnier than the first. I am very hard to please when it comes to comedies, maybe laughing a handful of times if I'm lucky. Well, I have seen this three times now and maintain a steady laugh all throughout the movie. Mind you, this is filled with stupid humor but that should be expected. I don't agree with a lot of the negative reviews. The only cons I can think of: there are some parts that fall short comedy wise, Brick's character is not very funny in this one, the last 20 minutes could have been done away with. If you like stupid humor and aren't expecting a movie called Anchorman 2 to be something brilliant, you will like it. This movie is meant to be ridiculous, take it for what it is.

Is this a joke??, 7 September 2013

I was almost afraid to watch this movie based off of the reviews. Thought I would be scared for days. I read several comments stating that this movie was horrifying and the best scary movie people had seen in years. I kept waiting...and waiting...and waiting for this to get better, or scary even. Nothing. I literally thought to myself that maybe I was watching the wrong version or something and wasn't seeing what everyone else saw. Far fetched I know, but that's how unbelievably disappointing this was. I was not scared at all and I would not typically consider myself someone that is hard to scare. Granted there are a few moments in this movie where you tense up just a bit, thinking something is going to pop out but that's about it!! This simply did not hold my interest. I just don't get it.

The terror doesn't stop once you're out of the woods.., 22 April 2012

As many others have stated, it is hard to fully review this movie without giving too much away. I actually had been waiting for this to come to theaters for a while. I kept reading updates on it saying the release date had been pushed back. Ironically, when I finally saw an actual preview for it, I thought it looked disappointing and dumb. However after reading several good reviews, I thought i'd give it a go.

This movie SEEMS to be a predictable, uh oh somebody's going to torture us while we're staying at the "Cabin in the Woods" and while that somewhat holds true, the story line is so much deeper than you would think.

I wouldn't go so far to say that I was scared by this movie. It certainly has its creepy moments, but it's more entertaining than anything. Quite entertaining.

The last 25 minutes or so are really freaking cool. If you are into the horror genre, I think you will appreciate this movie and it's unexpected originality.

It works, 30 July 2011

You know usually I'm not into romantic comedies, as I find that most of them fall short & are extremely cheesy. I really liked this movie though. One of the great things about it, is the acting is great. Everyone plays their part perfectly and you actually kind of feel for them in their individual situations. Usually when I think of Steve Carell, I think of a jokester. He was great in his serious scenes though, very believable. And Ryan Gosling, Oh my goodness, Ryan Gosling. He has always been one of my favorite actors. He plays a ladies man in this movie, trying to get Carell back on his feet after splitting with his wife. The two of them have great chemistry together and provide plenty of laughs, along with touching moments. I just saw this movie yesterday and I already want to see it again. That almost never happens that I want to see a movie again right away. Very cute. This movie has a little bit of everything and I think that most people would enjoy it. 9/10!

Bridesmaids (2011/I)
Laugh out loud comedy, 4 June 2011

OK, I gotta admit that when I saw a preview for this movie I thought it looked lame. However after hearing many good reviews about it, I decided to give it a go. Hooray - this movie is actually funny! Matter of fact, I look forward to seeing it again and might even buy it when it comes out on DVD. Kristen Wiig is hilarious. This was the first time that I've actually watched her act, never really saw any of her stuff before this movie.

Also, I consider myself pretty picky when it comes to movies. It takes a lot to make me actually laugh out loud and I was doing a lot of that in this movie. I think that any female could relate to Kristen's character and some of her experiences. She doesn't quite feel up to par with where she's at in her life but fortunately there is a lot of humor that comes from this. I'm sure even some guys would enjoy this movie.

Overall - Enjoyable, cute and hilarious!

A 4 is being generous...., 29 May 2011

OK yet again...rave reviews have mislead me. And yes, the only reason that I saw this movie was because everyone said how good it was. I don't get it people? This movie is out there. It makes no sense and if there is one thing I hate, it is trying to make sense of a movie. I want to be entertained when I go to a movie, not trying to piece all the puzzles together.

This movie is very repetitive, keeps showing the same scene over and over. Yes, it has to do with the premise of the movie but goodness gracious, I couldn't stand it after about 20 minutes. You know what I mean if you have seen it.

Overall, I don't know. I don't get it. I am surprised that this had the success that it did. I've never been a fan of Gyllenhaal either.

The one positive thing is that I saw this at the cheap theater. =)

Scream 4 (2011)
Blast from the past..., 17 April 2011

Let me start off by saying that I'm a big fan of the Scream movies. The original Scream was the first scary movie that I ever saw. Last fall when I first heard talks of a Scream 4, I was pretty into it. I saw this movie last night and it took me back to my teenage days. It was kind of exciting to see Ghost Face back on the big screen.

The thing about the Scream movies, is they are all about what you make them. You can't really take them too seriously. I never really go into them expecting to be scared. There more of a guilty pleasure really. The first was the best...nothing too ridiculous about it. Scream 2 & 3 were not as good but are still a couple of my favorite movies. I enjoyed Scream 4 up until the ending. Was not real pleased with who the killer/killers were. (won't tell you how many there were) The good thing about this movie is that it's entertaining and isn't afraid to make fun of itself and the horror genre. It also keeps you wondering who can be trusted and who can't. I think that all of the Scream fans will enjoy it. It does reference the other Scream movies quite a bit so I'm not sure how much you would get into it if you weren't already a fan of Scream. Will be looking forward to a Scream 5 & 6....

Insidious (2010/I)
So scary...., 2 April 2011

When I first saw a preview for this movie, I knew it looked like it had potential. It had been a while since I saw a decent scary movie so I was looking forward to it. I went into it expecting some scares but nothing too bad. Wrong. This movie scared me out of my wits. I don't think I have ever jumped more during any other scary movie. The audience was spooked too. I saw many other people jumping out of their seats and even heard a few actual screams.

What I loved about this movie was that it actually tries to scare you, not gross you out. The images are frightening for sure. Insidious doesn't waste any time trying to creep you out. The scares already start with the opening credits. I sure was not expecting this to be one of the scariest movies i've seen but it lives up to that. That being said, I don't think I'd have the guts to see it again!

Limitless (2011/I)
Surprisingly awesome, 20 March 2011

I went into this movie not expecting much. I'm a fan of Bradley Cooper and paired with being bored on a Saturday night, this movie seemed like a good option. Wow. I was pleasantly surprised with how good this movie was. It really grabs your attention and holds it the entire time. This movie has a little bit of everything...action, romance, suspense, humor. Cooper did a great job in his role.

The main idea of the movie shows how people who don't usually experience much success in life, react once things start changing for them. Achieving more and more success becomes an endless cycle. You start to get bored with all that you have and you crave more, until soon enough you crash. I won't say too much more about the movie, other than it's definitely a must see. Best one I've seen this year.

Surprisingly cute..., 26 December 2010

I've seen a lot of romantic comedies and a lot of them have been a complete miss. I decided to rent this movie out of boredom one day and thought it was actually kind of cute. Not one of the best I've seen, but still cute. Drew and Justin have GREAT chemistry together. I've been a fan of both of them for a while.

This movie is kind of a mix of everything. I wouldn't necessarily consider it a chick flick.

What I didn't like about it was there is a little too much raunchiness at times, almost like a forced attempt to win laughs. Produced the opposite result for me.

Overall, it's sweet in it's own little way. Worth renting.