grant-51

Good I liked it, 4 October 2005

Though not the best musical movie I've ever seen it was good. My younger brother who doesn't like musicals rented this from Netflix and I watched it with him. I was amazed for one that he would rent it and secondly that he quite enjoyed it enough to ask for it for Christmas. I enjoyed quite a bit as well. I found it to be humorous and a cute movie. In rating it I'd give it an eight just cause even though I liked it, there are better movies out there and I was a bit confused on the ending. I'm not really a fan of Frank Sinatra or Bing Crosby but they did a very good job in the movie and from the movies I have seen with them in it this was one of their best. I have to say though that my favorite song was the Millonaire song, that gave me quite a few laughs. I also liked the part where Frank and Gene (I mean Grace) were drunk. (Sorry I'm a major Gene Kelly fan!) But over all it was a good movie and I'd recommend it to anyone who was looking for a good movie to watch.

Thought it was cute, 2 October 2005

I had never seen the movie before I went out and bought it the other day. It was an impulse thing I know. But there are very few musicals that I've seen and not liked. Also I have yet to see a movie with Donald O'Connor in it and not love it and him even more than I already do. It was my first Bing Crosby film and though I thought he was okay in it I have to say the only reason for me has to be Donald. I love his dance and song solo number of bounce right back. It makes me smile and laugh each time I see it. It's a cute movie and puts you in a good mood each time you watch it. SO I'd get it a 10. It's one of Donald's best. It's a must see.

Top 5 in the best Musicals of all Time, 18 September 2005

There aren't many musicals that get better than this! I have to say that my favorite part has to be the very ending when Nellie realizes how stupidly she acted and learns to love the children cause she loves Emil. I cry almost all the time. It just tugs at my heart and it's about what really went on at that time. I love the song I'm gonna wash that Man right out of my Hair. It has a good upbeat turn and corny lyrics to go with it. The songs are joyful and easy to sing along with. I've watched it so much that I can say the lines and start singing the songs before they even do. The first time I saw this I was in love. I remember the first time I was in tears when Emil sang Once nearly was mine. My heart just went out to him. It's differently top five in my book and come highly recommended by me.

Very good, 18 September 2005

Though not the best musical I've ever seen I have yet to figure out why so many people didn't like it. I quite enjoyed it myseld. I thought that it was very well acted and Gene Kelly did a wonderful job directing it. Then again I'm a HUGE Gene Kelly fan and love anything he does. It has songs that get stuck in your head all day that are upbeat and can help you get through a rotten day. It has it's funny and charming moments that brighten any day up. I liked it a lot. But then again there is hardly any musical that I've seen that I haven't liked. It has something it for every to love and enjoy and it's an everyday type of movie. It doesn't have to been seen on occational events it can be seen anytime of the year and day. Morning and night it's great to watch.

One of the best around, 18 September 2005

It's most differently top 5 in the best musical movies around! It's a bit of a drama story that has humor to love and enjoy. The first thing that comes to my mind whenever I think about this movie is the little dance Topol does while singing If I was a Rich Man. And I remember how I almost wished for a match maker when I was younger. And seeing how even though I'm now older and still single a match maker still at times doesn't seem like a bad idea. It shows events that could have really happened and it just tugs at your heart. A movie that can make you react to it like you are watching it for the very first time each time is a movie worth watching. And that is what this movie does to me. It deals with events that many people don't want to deal with but went on and it shows how some people may have dealt with it. It's in a class of it's own and worth while movie to see.

Great Movie, 18 September 2005

I love Donald O'Connor and it's so hard to find his movies. So when I found this one I jumped at the chance to get it. I had never seen it before I bought. I went home and watched and quickly fell in love with it. The acting was well done and it's a cute little story line. I had seen There's no Business like Show Business with Ethel Merman and Donald O'Connor so I knew a little bit what it would be like to see them together. I'm not a huge fan of Ethel but like I said I love Donald and this was one of his best! On a scale of 1-10 I would give a 10. It is in my opinion one of the best musicals around. I love the songs in it. I think that my favorite song in the movie though would have to be You're Just in Love. Though I also think that Donald looks a little funny in those glasses. But I also really like What Chance have I with Love. Donald shows in this song that he was one of the best dancers ever around. He's right up there with Gene Kelly.

A good Movie, 18 September 2005

Though I am not a fan of Marlon Brando and not really a fan of Frank Sinatra (though like him somewhat) I have to say that I really like the movie. I like Frank's character better than Marlon's though. Don't ask why cause I'm not sure. It has a very cute ending that even my younger brother enjoys. I first wanted to see it cause I love musicals and I want to see all that I can. So I saw this movie once and really liked it. It was a couple weeks later that I went out and bought it too. The acting was well done and I really like the songs. I find it to be a very well done movie and very enjoyable to everyone. Even if you are like my brother and don't like musicals.

That's what it is, 28 July 2005

I quite enjoyed it. It was cool to see actors talk about what it was like to work at MGM and see clips from movies I've seen beofre and love and from movies I've never seen and maybe one would someday like to see (if only I could find them). I have to say I loved how they put Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds all together. I loved the movie they did and so it was cool that they were back to back. I totally didn't recognize Frank Sinatra though. My mom had to tell me who he was. I enjoyed the other two as well. when I first got the movie I wasn't sure I'd like it but it's what got me to get the other two and it wasn't really what I thought it would be.

In Awe of Gene Kelly, 2 July 2005

I just have to say that I recently learned that when Gene Kelly shot the scene of him Singing in the Rain he had a 103 degree fever. And yet still you can't tell. I have to tell you that if I was that sick I would have tried to do it some other time. The fact that he did feeling that bad and did it that well makes me in awe of him. I have more respect of him and like him even more. Now that is true talent for him to be able to do that. I know that he was a perfectionist but even then people know what they can and can't do. I think that it's great that he fought through the fever and the skriking clothes and he did a wonderful job. And the end result is a wondersful and icon scene and movie.

Best musical EVER, 2 July 2005

Though I don't remember the first time I saw the movie it was a movie I grew up on. I grew up on Rodgers and Hammerstein and have loved all (but State Fair) of their movies that I've seen. And I have to say that this movie is their very best and the very best musical ever made. Yul Brynner was great and was very deserving of the best actor Oscar. I love every thing about this movie and it tugs on my heartstrings every time I watch it. Even know I know how it will end a huge lump comes to my throat as my heart sings when he dances with her across the room just wishing that they can be together some how.If a movie can move you like that every time, than it's top notch and The King and I does it best.