fyrechika

13 Seconds (2003) (V)
Not so bad....not so good...., 16 November 2004

I just recently saw this movie--my boyfriend rented it because we've seen a lot of good indie films lately, and this one came with high regards (awards, etc.).

So, what do I think of it? Welll......it's alright. Obviously it was low-budget, but I think the lighting and effects were good for it's class. In fact, I will go so far as to say that the blood scenes were the best I've seen in such low-budget movie. The acting however was awful. I don't know if these guys agreed to do the movie for free, or what, but I think it would have been preferable to wait until raise the cash to pay good actors. The plot was interesting. I have to admit that I was really ticked through the whole thing b/c it didn't make sense. Then the ending comes and I thought it was alright. Did the movie deserve awards? I don't think so, but that's my opinion, and I don't know what other films it went against.

Now, this is a personal note to some other reviewers: You are entitled to your own opinion. So is everyone. Everyone has their own tastes. If you don't like something, that's fine, but you should have a reason. Don't say people are stupid b/c they liked this film.