Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
I have money but no brain....Bay
While i generally don't review titles on IMDb as i find the already existing ones generally appropriate but this i had to do.
I was pretty excited about the sequel and was hoping to see some creativity from the director. Instead Mr.Bay casually cut-copy-paste the scenes from different hits around without putting much thought about the story line.In order to make my point i will enumerate my findings :
1.Since the movie had a huge budget and due to Mr.Spielberg, Bay did managed to produce spectacular affects but all in vain. The movie has parts borrowed from a different movies like the infantry action on the ground reminds one of Battle : LA, the snake-like twisted metal thing borrowed from some Asian movie with similar monster etc.
2. In the first half the director Bay did tried to evoke a comic feel but then again he just pasted it w/o using any sense. The corny dialogue between Shia and his mother when he was having troubles in relationship makes you sick because of the way it was filmed and inappropriate timing.It's like how Hellboy with its serious tone was a bit manageable but Hellboy 2 was a pain.
3. The fight between the Autobots and Decepticons is so much overdone that it becomes mundane and you actually loose track of who is attacking whom and why should i care. While initially the autobots can't fight the decepticons and struggle but at the fag end they can rip a hole in the decepticons by just punching.
4.The pet robots of Shia try desperately to put on a comic relief but oh! the humanity.
5. Shia as Sam "The Wise" is obviously invincible and is able to fight the menacing robots while holding her girlfriend's hand all the time. He can swing around like Tarzan and still not break a sweat, while the elite military unit is running haywire(Proves how much talented he is, all the while he can't get a job for himself)
6.The plot of the movie COULD have been awesome but i can't understand why Mr.Spileberg didn't watched the movie and let it be released.
7. The stupid acting of Shia was topped by Rosie in nearly all aspects. (Makes you wish that if Megan Fox had kept her mouth shut it would have been better)
8. Lastly I am really disappointed by the treatment handed out to such a series and won't be watching another sequel if Mr.Bay is even present on the set, forget about his involvement in the movie.
Peace to all!