Reviews

46 ReviewsOrdered By: Date
Flavor of Love (2006– )
100% garbage
1 November 2006
The first time I saw the promos for this show, I swear I thought I was gonna have a coronary and die on the spot! I could not believe that all these gorgeous women were going crazy over somebody as hideous-looking as Flavor Flav! I mean, the guy has perhaps the ugliest-looking face since Rodney Dangerfield, he talks like his mouth is always filled with marbles, and he still wears that God-awful over-sized clock. If I was a woman (that's a huge "if", by the way), I wouldn't be caught dead on this abomination of a show. This is just one more reason why nobody with an IQ higher than 90 watches VH-1 anymore. Oh, well, there's always "Celebrity Fit Club" and "Breaking Bonaduce".
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Logan's Run (1976)
To this day, still one of my all-time faves
2 August 2006
I LOVE this movie. I remember the first time I rented it when I was 11 years old, and I had no idea what it was about or what the hell was going on, but the costumes, the special effects and the acting, top-notch. In fact, I loved it so much that I used to let my shirttail hang out of my coat in the winter and pretend I was a Sandman. If that's not a sure sign that you have no friends, I don't know what is. I especially thought it was cool how they made Washington, DC look so dilapidated, and who could forget Sir Peter Ustinov's absolutely brilliant performance as the Old Man? In fact, when I was in Washington about seven years ago, I actually tried picturing how it looked in the movie. FYI, not as easy as you'd think it would be. In short, if you like science-fiction, flashy effects, cats and Michael York's hairstyle (which, BTW, I actually used to have...sort of), this is definitely the movie for you.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Simple Life (2003–2007)
Hey Fox, WHAT THE F---!!!
16 December 2003
It's now officially safe to say that this show is an omen to all the insanely idiotic supercrap that we'll be force-fed in the near future. When I saw the previews for "Mr. Personality", I thought this was as low as Fox could possibly sink. Naturally, I couldn't have been more sadly mistaken. How wasted does one have to be to say "Here's an idea: have two spoiled rotten bubble-headed bimbos live with a bunch of backward hicks and make a TV show about it! Are we geniuses or what?"? As if society isn't having enough trouble recovering from "Deliverance", now there's this piece of manure to traumatize us even further. In short, I'd rather watch Jessica Simpson read "The Catcher In The Rye", while having a root canal with no anesthetics whatsoever, than rot my brain with this crud. Also, if this gets picked up for a second season or gets nominated for a single Emmy, I'm never watching TV again.
8 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
My Brother and Me (1994–1995)
Pitiful. Just pitiful.
30 October 2003
I'm still amazed that the geniuses at Nickelodeon decided to go through with airing this piece of dung, even though they were all secretly thinking that it was a bad idea. I was unfortunate enough to actually take a look at it, mostly because there was nothing else on worth watching, and I thought it was one of the most insanely idiotic shows I've ever seen in my life. Not only can these people not act their ways out of a paper bag, but the writing, well, let's just say that my sister's dog could write better material. Whenever I think of this train wreck of a show, I can't help but wonder who was higher: the writers, the cast, the Nickelodeon executives or the very small percentage of viewers who actually liked it. And one more thing to the school principals of America: a tape of this show would be a GREAT punishment for the kids in detention, especially if you force them to watch it 35 times in a row.
0 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
8 Simple Rules (2002–2005)
The show must go on
16 September 2003
I was really torn to pieces when I heard about John Ritter's death. He was such a funny and talented guy, from "Three's Company" to movies like "Problem Child 1 & 2", "Stay Tuned" and "Noises Off!". I really hope this show stays on because it's really good, and while no one can ever replace John, I hope his character stays with the show. I even know who could play him: I was thinking either Mark Linn-Baker, who was also in "Noises Off!" and whom you would know from "Perfect Strangers", or maybe Jm J. Bullock, who was on "Too Close For Comfort" and "Hollywood Squares" and who was also in "Spaceballs". I think if this show stays on the air, the rest of this season and other seasons yet to come should be dedicated to John's memory.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
I'm Telling! (1987–1988)
What the %#&$ have they given us?!!!
30 July 2003
As much as I hate to admit it, I was actually dumb enough to watch this heinous show. I was only 6 or 7 at the time, by the way. And if you asked me what I thought of it, I'd pretty much tell you to imagine "The Newlywed Game" on acid. The people who created this show were obviously die-hard fans of "The Newlywed Game", and they must've been smoking something really, really powerful in order to put this BS on the air. And I'll bet poor Chuck Barris (he created "The Newlywed Game", "The Dating Game" & "The Gong Show") was spitting nails when he saw this. The only highlight was watching those little brats argue when one of them mismatched his or her sibling's answer. I just wish Laurie What's-His-Name (AKA the poor man's Greg Brady) would've let them duke it out in the parking lot, and I also believe this is why we have such stupid shows polluting the airwaves today. Oh well, as long as the brainiacs at Fox don't get the rights to and make a remake of this piece of horse manure.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Mr. Personality (2003– )
100% CRAP!!!
7 May 2003
Just when we thought TV couldn't suck any worse than "Joe Millionaire", along comes this train wreck of a show in which a girl tries to decide from all these masked losers. If you were one of these guys, you'd wanna keep your mask on at all times. Either that or change your name, get a new face and move to another planet. And if the concept of the show isn't bad enough, guess who the geniuses at Fox got to host it? The lady who practically invented the scandal, Monica Lewinsky. I know it's impossible, but is there anybody who's just as sick of her as I am? If you like watching shows that are guaranteed to make your IQ drop faster than the stock market and turn your brain into mush, be my guest, just don't expect me to waste my brain cells on this piece of trash. Oh well, at least they didn't ask mascara-addicted crybaby freakshow Tammy Faye Bakker to host this show.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Why? WHY?!!!
7 May 2003
Just when we thought Fox couldn't sink any lower than "Temptation Island", "Who Wants To Marry a Multi-Millionaire?" and "American Idol" combined, along comes a show where a bunch of bubble-headed gold-digging bimbos compete to marry a so-called millionaire and then find out that's it's all a lie. Anybody who would subject themselves to that kind of humiliation deserves whatever they get. And to think that there was a time when there were actually GOOD shows on this perpetually pathetic channel. They only good shows they DO have are "The Simpsons", "Futrama", "Mad TV" and "America's Most Wanted". But if you like watching 100% supercrap, you'll love this latest atrocity known as "Mr. Personality".
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Godspell (1973)
LOVED IT!!!
22 April 2003
I absolutely LOVED this movie. Eevrybody looks like they're just having the time of their lives doing it, and although some people would consider the way Jesus was portayed sacrilegious and others might be turned off because of its laid-back, happy-go-lucky demeanor, I still think it's a great movie. As a matter of fact, I sometimes imagine that some of my friends and I are performing it, and if I could do any show I wanted, this would be at the very, very top of my list. And I'm pretty sure that director David Greene and actors David Haskell ("Santa Barbara" & "K-9") and Lynne Thigpen ("Lean On Me", "The District" & "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?"), may they rest in peace, are glad that so many people enjoy this movie.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Hilarious!
22 March 2003
I thought I was gonna get a hernia, I was laughing so hard at this! Some of the funniest moments I remember are as follows:

Richard Dawson said "Name the month in which a woman looks pregnant." and the contestant said "September!". And when the next contestant came on, Dawson was laughing so hard he couldn't even read the question.

On "Card Sharks", this huge woman wrestler lifts Bob Eubanks over her head.

On "The New Newlywed Game", Bob accidentally says "25-point boner question".

On the UK's version of the "Feud", a contestant answers the first three fast-money questions "Turkey!".

On "Match Game", a contestant almost said retarded when she actually meant retired.

Every moment on "Password" in which a contestant or celebrity accidentally gave away the clue.

On "The $25,000 Pyramid", in the winner's circle, the category was things that are stiff and one of the two contestants said "An erection!".

On "The Gong Show", a lady's dentures fell out.

On "Name That Tune", a contestant got the answer right and almost fell over. And by the way, the correct answer was "Catch Me, I'm Falling". Go figure.

I, for one, am so glad this was made, and I REALLY hope they do another one.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this