neenahhh

Page 1 of 14:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Abduction (2011/I)
An adequate action film by Taylor Lautner, 27 December 2011

Nathan and his friend, Karen, find a website that has photos of children who were believed to be missing or abducted. They soon stumble across one of Nathan's baby pictures on the website. Before he can question his parents, they are both killed. Nathan and Karen set out to discover the truth behind Nathan's real identity.

After thinking about it, I realized that this movie was pretty adequate. Or even less than. Yes, I am a fan of Taylor Lautner, but this film wasn't that great.. The acting was just mediocre, and the plot was not at all intriguing. If a person who didn't know Taylor Lautner watched this, I bet they would have been very very unimpressed with this movie. The plot wasn't very strong. It didn't hold my interest for long. I did like the concept of the film, yes, but I didn't like its execution. Here's hoping for a better film starring Taylor Lautner.

Viewed on: December 27, 2011

Barbie: Princess Charm School, 27 December 2011

Blair Willows is chosen for a scholarship at Princess Charm School. She must work hard in order to graduate and become a competent royal lady-in-waiting. However, there are people who want to see her fail and will do anything to make sure that happens. These people also know a big secret about Blair..

I am not part of the target range of this movie, but it did appeal to me. The innocence of the movie was nice, for what it's worth. It kept me entertained while I was bored. I'm sure any young girl who is a fan of a.) Barbie, b.) fairies or c.) pretty dresses, will like this movie.

Peter Pan (2003)
My favorite adaptation of J.M. Barrie's tale!, 27 December 2011

Ever since I was a child, I always did like fairy tales- the tale of the boy who would not grow up, included. The first version of "Peter Pan" that I knew and liked was the Disney version. When I saw that there was another version of "Peter Pan" (aka. this 2003 version), my younger self must have thought that she should give it a try. In other words, I had bought this DVD just out of plain curiosity. That was smart thinking of my younger self, because until now, this adaptation remains to be my favorite of J.M. Barrie's tale.

I loved this version of "Peter Pan"! I found that it captured the true essence of the magic tale. Jason Isaacs, Jeremy Stumper and Rachel Hurd-Wood were first class in this one! What I particularly liked was the chemistry between Peter and Wendy. Jason Isaacs was also great here! After re-watching this on Star Movies, I realized that Jason Isaacs really is a superb actor. He managed to play both Mr. Darling and Captain Hook wonderfully.

I recommend this film to anyone and everyone. It left me with a happy feeling, and some questions for myself and my life. In general, this film just made me love and appreciate my life.

Salt (2010)
Why action films are one of my favorite movie genres, 27 December 2011

A Russian spy accuses Evelyn Salt, a CIA agent, of planning the assassination of one of the President of Russia. She quickly goes on the run, which makes her fellow CIA agents question who she really is and what her motives really are.

I really did like the action that was in this film. I was enthralled with the fighting scenes, the car scenes, and just the whole action aspect of the film. Angelina Jolie did good with this one. Although the plot did get predictable, I was still quite impressed. Sure, it could have been a lot deeper, but this was meant to just be a fun action film to watch. It's really as simple as that! I don't get why others don't seem to like this one. I'm already excited for the possible sequel of this movie.

Barbie goes to Paris!, 27 December 2011

After being fired from her day job as an actress, Barbie sets out for Paris to visit her Aunt Millicent's fashion house. Upon reaching France, she discovers that her aunt's business has gone downhill. Barbie is determined to make sure her aunt's business doesn't go down the drain, just like how Barbie's acting career did.

I am not part of the target range of this movie, but it did appeal to me. The innocence of the movie was just nice. It kept me entertained. I I'm sure any young girl who is a fan of a.) Barbie, b.) fairies or c.) pretty dresses, will like this movie.

Viewed on: December 25, 2011

In Time (2011)
The film itself doesn't live up to its concept, 27 December 2011

In the future, people stop aging when they reach 25. When they reach that age, they are required to earn more time themselves or they will have to die within a year. Will Salas, a 28-year-old worker from the ghettos, is accused of murdering and stealing more than a hundred years from a man. He must clear his name and find a way to fight the system.

I've wanted to watch this movie ever since it came out in theaters. I liked the movie's idea. It seemed very intriguing. Sad to say, after having watched it, my high hopes were for naught. The execution of the movie fails.

Justin Timberlake was great. Amanda Seyfriend was like cardboard, on the other hand. Together, they had no chemistry. Aside from that, the script was very forgettable. I hardly remember anything from this film. It was just a disappointment. Enough said. It's sad because the movie's concept really does seem interesting. Save your time and don't watch this one.

Viewed on: December 25, 2011

Entertaining for "Barbie" fans; disappointing for "Charles Dicken" fans, 22 December 2011

It's Christmas season 2011! Now, let me ask people this: Is there anything better than curling up and watching a feel-good Christmas movie during the holidays? Probably, but heh. That's what I did. This film was one of the movies that I chose to watch so that I could get even more into the Christmas spirit. Who doesn't love happy Christmas movies, anyway? :)

In this film, we have an adaption of the world-famous story by Charles Dickens-- Barbie style. The movie begins by Barbie telling her little sister a story about a particular woman, Eden, who just doesn't enjoy the holidays. Eden basically hates Christmas and lives by Aunt Mary's motto: In a selfish world, the selfish succeed. Several Christmas apparitions visit Eden to set her right.

I chose this to be the first Christmas film I watched for the holidays. That was right of me. Young children could possibly find joy and entertainment in this Barbie film. Parents don't have to worry about 'scary things', either. The film has been padded with much-added humor that only children will enjoy. Still, to be fair, it was nice to watch this film. Barbie movies are filled with innocence that I do enjoy! But I didn't like their retelling of Dickens' novel. Fans of Dickens' should steer clear from this one.

Viewed on: December 22-23, 2011

Made me feel excited for the year to come!, 19 December 2011

I watched "Valentine's Day" last year and didn't like it. I was kind of hesitant to watch "New Year's Eve" because I feared it would just be like that movie. However, a number of people said that this was a good movie and it was way better than Marshall's previous film. I'm glad I listened to those people, because I actually did like this movie.

Watching this gave me a fuzzy feeling. It made me excited for 2012 to come. It's funny because we haven't even had Christmas yet! Gosh, I love holidays. Movies like this just fuel my excitement even more.

This movie's cast composed of A-listers! My favorites were Michelle Pfeiffer, Zac Efron, Robert De Niro, Katherine Heigl, Sofia Vergara and Jake T. Austin, to name a few. Zac Efron was amazing! I loved watching him in all his scenes. As for Sofia Vergara, my eyes just went straight to her every time she was on. She was just as funny as her role on "Modern Family". I enjoyed watching familiar faces pop up here and there as I was watching the movie.

In this movie, clear connections aren't immediately seen. But that's what makes this movie interesting. I do think that "Valentine's Day" did a better job of intertwining everyone's own personal stories, that way everyone really was connected. In this movie, not everyone had connections with one another. But that's all right. The movie still managed to make me shed a tear many times throughout the film. It was that nice. I wasn't expecting to want to cry.

I liked this film better than Marshall's first. Maybe it was the buzz of the upcoming festivities that made me biased. Who knows? I just know that this film really made me excited for the upcoming year. And it also rekindled my love for Zac Efron and Jake T. Austin!

Viewed on: December 19, 2011

It made me want to read the comic books, 30 November 2011

Tintin is a reporter who has unexpectedly gotten involved in a mystery concerning a ship. He sets out on a journey to find hidden treasure with Captain Haddock. However, there is also someone dangerous after the same prize.

I know who Tintin is. I may not have grown up with him, but I am familiar with his comic books. I only knew very few details about Tintin, so it wouldn't be right to call me a fan. However, I was still excited to watch this movie, when I learned that there would be a movie adaptation of the famous Tintin.

I liked this film a whole lot! I like stories that have mystery and sleuthing in them. That's why I'm fans of Detective Conan and Nancy Drew! After watching this film, I also got very interested in Tintin! Aside from the mystery parts in this movie, there were also many humorous moments. There were many parts where the audience was literally laughing out loud. It's that good!

Have I mentioned that this film is absolutely beautiful? Everything looked great.. I almost want to watch it again just so I could marvel at the beautiful graphics. The action scenes were very intense, too. Mad props to the director and writers.

Watching this film has made me want to try reading the Tintin comics. I can't wait. This is a great film for everyone to watch! I, who didn't know too much about Tintin, really enjoyed this one!

Viewed on: November 30, 2011

What was the point of this movie?, 29 November 2011

Kate Reddy lives a busy life. She is a high-rising finance executive and a mother of two young children. She is often away from home, causing family strains and whatnot. What happens when Kate suddenly gets a big assignment, that requires her to stay away from home for more than two months?

To be honest, I was at a struggle to write a summary for this movie. I couldn't think. Words couldn't come to me. This movie didn't do anything for me. The movie played for 80+ minutes, but there was no real progression in its story line. Nothing happened.. Really. After the movie ended, I wondered what exactly was it that the directors wanted to show to its audience.

I don't recommend watching this movie, unless you're looking for a time waster.. If that's the case, go ahead and rent this movie.

Viewed on: November 29, 2011