damian5000

Spy (2015)
I don't even like comedy, 12 June 2015

I'm surprised at all the 1's and 2's and scathing reviews here. I'm guessing these people have never actually seen a truly bad movie if they're rating this one so low. A 5 if you didn't like it, this I understand. But a 1 or a 2? I guess you haven't seen Boggy Creek 2 or Son of the Mask.

I don't even like comedy. I'm not a fan of watching fat people act either. I went into this expecting to be bored and regretting watching it. That didn't end up being the case at all. The actors all did a great job. I thought the movie was hilarious and I was laughing out loud from beginning to end.

Rapt (2009)
Great film. Awesome acting., 24 January 2012

It would be difficult to find anything to change about this film. Often I'll watch a film and wonder how the heck could a film costing millions to make put in something so stupid. With this movie, it seemed almost perfect.

I really disliked the daughters and mother after he got home. The guy soaking in the tub after 2 months being held captive and losing his finger and his wife coming in and telling him " we suffered too!!! do you know what we went through?!!!!". Really makes you want to slap the stupid out of her.

To the guy wondering if he was going to kill himself. Absolutely no way. Did you miss the part at the end where his attorney told him several times how rich he was. The guy didn't GIVE his stock to the company...He SOLD the stock to them. So he surely could still pay the ransom.

Whether he paid the ransom or not, and if he did pay it, did that leave him completely broke? ....is unknown..But, I think the ransom amount (20million) to be paid at "calypso" was exactly how much he was worth...

The end point is that he basically lost everything - his job, his wife, his reputation...and assuming he paid the ransom - his wealth as well... So he was left with nothing other than himself alive...And probably feeling quite lucky to have that. It's all we really ever have for sure until we die...All the other stuff is just a bonus.

Amazing is rated 7+, 19 December 2011

Unless your very much looking forward to looking at strange scenery, skip the first 50 minutes, and the last 20 minutes. In the first 50 minutes, the mother gets a letter saying her kid is dead. She tells the father. It goes into some scenes of the future where the brother is distraught about his brother dying many years ago. Then comes a bunch of scenery with abstract music...Taking place in space, the woods, the woods with dinosaurs, and abstract morphing art... While beautifully shot, you're better off just watching "Home" which is far more interesting and beautiful.

So, skip 50 minutes in and you'll start the movie where the kids start growing up and is a pretty interesting story with some GREAT acting by all involved.

The last 20 minutes comes more abstract stuff...Sean Penn going in the desert, and everybody together again with the dead brother at the ocean.

The last 20 minutes comes a bunch more nature and space scenery

Cross (2011) (V)
About on par with C-Grade made for TV shows, 3 August 2011

I felt a lot of heart went into making this movie, but it just doesn't make the grade.

Cheesy one liners, though delivered well and fit the spirit of the movie well, still end up being cheesy one-liners.

Special effects were worse than what you would see in an episode of a Sci-Fi Channel original or TV episode like Stargate.

The only thing that got this movie beyond TV was the mid level, mostly washed up actors, who have been popular in the past, or were in good movies at one point in their careers.

Regarding Danny Trejo at the top of the Bill, he shows up for literally less than 20 seconds, and wasn't even part of the movie from what I could tell.

Names like Shark,Ranger,War,Riot,and Backfire make me think they did everything they could do put the movie at C or worse. It's like they didn't even make a pretension of trying to be better than that. Almost like they all got together and said "let's make a really good D-movie, and let's work really hard to make it that way!"

Anyways, to sum it up...The heart and hard work was there, and the acting mostly decent, but I feel with the cast and the story line it could of been better...Maybe even end up something of a cult flick, but it doesn't quite get there.

If you're looking to think a lot, this is the wrong movie for you., 23 February 2011

This movie was a great way to spend the afternoon. It wasn't deep, thought provoking, or extremely original...But, it was very well acted, and I was kept entertained throughout.

The Aliens were sufficiently menacing. The action was sparse until the end, but it was well worth the wait.

The blonds were hot and the dog was cute. I never got tired the little guy showing up on the screen...and I don't even like dogs.

If you're looking for some super original, thought provoking, ground breaking movie with a rock solid plot, you'll be disappointed. But if you like sci-fi, cute blonds, cool dogs and awesome ending action scenes, I think you'll thoroughly enjoy.