TheCreatureFeature

Bridesmaids (2011/I)
Really?! People love this movie?, 16 December 2011

This finally arrived in Netflix and I'm so very glad we didn't actually spend any money on it. The BF and I watched this movie and at two separate parts, we literally stopped the DVD, looked at each other and said, "This is really the movie everyone was talking about this summer? Do we even want to keep watching it? Does it eventually get better?" We continued on and we kept waiting for that "scene/point" of the movie when it suddenly hit its' stride but that never came.

The sole focus is not about a group of girls partying before a wedding but really about how much the main character's life sucks. I feel like we were supposed to be laughing at her misfortunes but it all came across as pathetic and made me feel depressed more than anything else.

The only highlight was Melissa McCarthy's character; but,as I already stated, it was hardly an ensemble cast movie about the group of "Bridesmaids". I would have loved to have seen more McCarthy, Kemper and McLendon-Covey. They are all fantastic comedic actresses that stroll in and out through the movie; but, (aside from McCarthy) are characters with no real substance.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the incredibly bizarre sub-plot with the roommates.