catherinejolie547

Jumped The Shark When They Hired Roselyn Sanchez, 3 October 2008

It's amazing how Without a Trace went from one of the best shows on TV to must-miss TV in about three episodes.

First the writing went down the drain with the characters acting out implausible stories between them that sounded like they had been lifted out of a really bad daytime soap.

Then the regular actors got that bemused look on their faces, as if they didn't know what their character was supposed to be any more.

Finally, to "spice things up" I'm sure, the producers went and hired one of the worst actresses in Hollywood: Roselyn Sanchez, who can't even enunciate and has a face so plastic she's a walking indictment of the plastic surgery profession.

Very sad. Hopefully they'll right the boat, but I'm not holding my breath.

Update: It turns out the didn't right the boat. Roselyn Sanchez is still killing every scene she's in and the show is but a pale shadow of what it used to be.

Too bad as it was a very promising show.

Gabriela (2001)
Evocative Love Story, 30 June 2002

A visually evocative love story that captures the small moments of what it means to be in love. I saw it in the theaters about a year ago, and wasn't disappointed seeing it a second time. Definitely a movie I'll enjoy watching again soon.