SiLenTxfAiRy

a whole lot of build up..., 17 October 2009

So I went into this moving feeling very positive about it, knowing mostly all of the characters because of past movies or roles they have played. The stepfather is rated PG-13, meaning there wasn't going to be any gore, or swearing or nudity. Which is fine, because that doesn't make the movie at all. The story of David (the stepfather) is very unique, and he does do a very good job hiding everything and putting on a good, well amazing show to the family. He always seams to have an answer for any question about himself, but when he refuses to fill out paperwork to get paid for work, questions are raised about who this guy really is. The buildup in this movie is insane, literally I think I sat in the theater waiting for some drastic ending to the families lives for the whole hour and 40 so minutes. Don't get me wrong, the storyline is awesome and the anticipation of David killing the family is almost unbearable. But literally this movie wasn't suspenseful, it wasn't very 'thriller-ish' and definitely not scary. I jumped at one point in the movie when the son and stepfather were on the roof, thats it. I would wait to save the 10 bucks and watch it when it finally is released on TV, and thats only if its a REALLY rainy day.

I'm hungry for more!, 18 September 2009

I just had the opportunity to see cloudy with a chance of meatballs in Dolby 3D, and to say the least it was amazing! I am a huge fan of this book, and have been looking forward to the release of this movie for months, however if you go into this moving hoping that its following the storyline of the book then you have it all wrong. It definitely was a KNOCKOUT in 3D, the animation was amazing and the hair on the characters looked so real that I could touch it! The storyline was extremely easy to follow, and the characters were so fun loving, especially the monkey 'steve', you felt sympathy for the town and the hard time they were going through, up until crazy scientist flint came in and made it rain cheeseburgers! In 3D it honestly looked good enough to eat, with spurts of mustard, cheese and the burger patties flopping right in front of me. I would definitely suggest seeing this film in 3D, i feel as if the writers made this film specifically to be shown in 3D, however thats not to say they rely on the 3D aspect for the film to be good. With or without the 3-D animation, this film is an amazing family film, extremely funny, and it makes you 'ice' screaming for more!

Orphan (2009)
Disturbing, On the edge of your seat film., 28 July 2009

So I went into the Orphan thinking I just paid a good $7 to see a film like, The Ring or One Missed Call. However to my surprise Orphan kept me guessing until the very end! Not only is this film extremely disturbing, it also hits all the necessary horror film quotas. The cast is phenomenal. Isabelle Fuhrman who plays Ester is amazing. She puts on a great show, and really lives in the characters feelings and emotions. You honestly fall in love with her character within minutes, but know there is something terribly wrong with this little girl. Both Kate and John (the parents) are in short, perfect. Not only do they drive the best cars, and live in the nicest house but they have big enough hearts to adopt after losing a child in the womb. Im not going to lie, I was extremely disturbed and grossed out with Kates dream which showed her racing to the hospital with baby Jessica in her stomach, and as she is being wheeled down the hall a pool of blood is pouring on the floor behind her. Then the images and the graphic detail of Jessica being literally ripped out, and the doctor handing her a bloody baby was one of the most disturbing thing I've seen shown in a movie in a REALLY long time. You have to feel bad for Kate, not only did she lose a child at full term, but her daughter Max is deaf. I felt a lot of remorse for both Kate and John while I began watching this movie, especially with the white roses. (Nothing to do with the film, but the characters names, Kate and John, ironic because there is a famous couple Jon and Kate Gosslin who are very well known and very successful)

The movie was very well written and the secret behind Ester was GREAT! I was extremely pleased when I walked out of the theater, and am glad I didn't waste my $7 on another lousy horror flick.

Maybe I was waiting for something more?, 28 July 2009

No matter what Ice Age will always do what it is known best for, have comedy and a fun loving story plot all in one. Of course everyone is in love and knows all of the familular faces and characters in the previous ice age movies, so that is no surprise. However, I was presently surprised with the introduction of Ellie into the movie. Shes perfect, and witty. She knows exactly when to say her peace, and when to shake her head and keep on moving. The movie overall was good, great story line and great lovable characters. You cant help to laugh at the 3 little eggs that Sid is taking care of for a whole day. Buck is hilarious! The way he goes about things is semi crazy, but a whole lot of fun. I brought my kids from day camp to see it, ranging in ages from 4-12, and when we left the theater they were all very happy at the end result and singing along to the song that was playing during the end credits. I personally will always admire Ice Age 2, I think that one was perfectly written and beautifully done, but Ice Age 3 hits the spot as well.

Katherine Hiegl and Gerard Butler are perfect!, 28 July 2009

So not only are the previews for the movie hilarious, but literally the entire movie I was sitting on the edge of my seat laughing at all of the raunchy comedy that Hiegl and Butler put together. The story of Hiegl's character is one that is all too familular, the beautiful successful work-a-holic who is waiting for the perfect guy to come around. But Butler's twist on what the perfect guy really is really kicks Hiegl in the butt! The comedic relief is outstanding in this movie. I not only found myself laughing, but every guy in the theater cracking up every time Butler spoke, as well as when Hiegl and Butler were in a scene together. The movie is terrific, the very last scene just makes perfect sense for the movie. Hiegl and Butler really hit this one out of the park!

Year One (2009)
a LOT of 'high school' humor, 20 June 2009

so, i went into this movie already knowing that there were going to be a ton of sexual innuendos, but honestly i didn't know how many they could pack into one movie at a time. i do admit the characters were very intriguing and funny, they put on an amazing show, but the references to biblical characters and situations, put a non-church goer questioning almost every scene.

so michael cera as Oh, did a fantabulous job. his character was incredibly witty and cooky. almost every time he said a line a laugh came bursting out of my mouth. jack black was also very entertaining, i particularly am not a black fan, but he did have me laughing a whole lot!

it was nice to see a fresh face like juno temple as eema. her character was like the typical 13-15 year old with the attitude and the uncanny jokes. and maya (june diana raphael) her by-far funniest moment in the movie was when she was about to be sacrificed.

overall, this isn't a movie to run out to the theaters and go see.. it is funny and it is all about 'year one' but, it would have been just as good (and a whole lot cheaper) to wait until it came out on DVD and watch it at home.

Taken (2008/I)
wow., 24 May 2009

wow, i was completely taken back (ha ha) by this movie. it is so inspiring and the love liam nelsons character has for his daughter is breathtaking. this truly is an amazing movie that was written really well. there is little to no down time in this movie, constant fight and a constant run to save his little girl. i found this movie to be inspiring and full of action all at once. he literally takes down half of Paris to save his girl. of course anyone would cringe watching those helpless girls be sold towards the end of the movie, it was sickening to think things like this really do happen. liam nelson definitely won the 'dad of the year' award with this movie, and im hoping a lot more w/ Oscars and grammys coming up soon! amazing plot and action packed!

breath of fresh air!, 19 February 2009

i find myself not only dvr'ing this entire series but sitting in front of the TV anxiously awaiting of the arrival of amy and rickys baby. the story behind the show of the whole 'band camp' thing is kinda lame because American pie has already done that. however, this show is inspiring and enlightening. every show they try and throw something in there that teens need to be aware of, weather it is the pill, getting tested, practing safe sex or even being comfortable talking to a doctor or your parents they are constintally trying to put things into the show that will influence watchers to do good. i love the characters and can relate to them so well. I was the typical girl in high school who honestly didn't do anything wrong, i stuck to the 'plan' and had my beliefs about teen pregnancies and pro-choice. i strongly believe that the choice of amy either keeping her baby or giving it to a loving couple is all up to the writers. because as an avid watcher i cant make my mind up myself, as to what she should do. BUT. i do want to see amy and ben back together. they are the one good thing in this show. i love the connection between all of the characters, ricky is such a 'bad' kid and the actor who plays ricky does this part SO well. he really puts himself into rickys shoes and you can tell, he shines as an actor. amy plays her character well as well, with the amount of intelligence she has to do with staying in school and making the right decisions not only for her but for her baby really shows how mature she is as an actress and a person. the other characters grace, tom, adrian, ben they all do a lovely job really placing themselves in their characters shoes. the show is a really moving one, with a lot of twists and turns. you could start watching it half way through the season and pick up on the characters and the storyline at any time!

love kevin james!, 19 February 2009

I've always been a huge kevin james fan ever since king of queens. he always happens to play this character who you want to feel bad for, but cant help laughing at and with him. the entire concept of the movie is hilarious, simply because in my local mall we do have 'mall cops' who ride around on those segways. i do find it quite comical how they interpret all cops to be that intense with their job. honestly, i can think of at leat 3 malls i have been to that has ONE blart in their somewhere. i liked the twist the movie takes with the newbie being the bad guy, its funny yet serious. blarts family is cute and quaint, the irony of the whole online dating thing did bring a little humor to the film. one thing i did question the moment james popped up on the screen was how much weight he gained. im wondering if it was for this role - because in turn he was playing an overweight character - but he did appear to be a bit hefty. it was disappointing, and i hope to see him a little more in shape in future films. but his weight did have a positive role in this movie with all of the puns at how big he was he squished one girl and TRIED to break down hallmarks doors. good film, with a ton of funny parts!

interesting for sure!, 19 February 2009

so i went into this film not really knowing much about the story behind it, other then in the previews drew berrymore says something on the lines of 'he myspaced me' and then began to discuss flirting while texting. its funny to think that we all do it, we're in this huge generation who relies on technology to get our information and be our key resource to the outside world. it almost seamed as if i was watching a TV show with all of the different story lines going on. jumping from one story to the other was difficult to keep my focus, it seamed almost as if once i began to care about one character and put together the pieces of their problem, the story ended and went on to another character and their issue. the movie however did flow well, and the cast is HUGE with a ton of big name characters. it was definitely a movie i would take my girlfriends to see. it did run rather long however, about an hour into the movie i found myself loosing focus. however, that is when the story is starting to get good with the whole cheating aspect and loosing the one you begin to care about. cute movie, 6 out of 10.