Seifer006

A classic Disney movie, 18 May 2009

Disney's The Rescuers, is a quite underrated and unseen film that is more touching than many of the other Disney classics. The story follows 2 mice Bianca and Bernard, they both belong to the rescue aid society, a secret society of mice that assist people when they are in trouble.

Bianca and Bernard are sent off to find a poor little orphan girl who has been kidnapped and held prisoner. The story, without going into to much detail, is a very touching story, with a few very sad moments for Penny the little orphan girl.

While the audio is not the greatest and the picture quality is not up to scratch with the more recent Disney films this is more of a classic than any of the modern animated Disney films.

Has its moments... but really nothing special, 18 May 2009

Alexandra Aja (The hills have eyes) Bryan Bertino (The strangers) Wes Craven (Scream etc.)

These are a few people who make good (maybe not scary) but good entertaining horror movies.I have never actually been scared of a horror movie, so it is hard for me to judge a film based on how scary it is, but from this 'master of horror' it was a pretty weak excuse for a horror movie. I initially saw the movie as so many people had informed me that Rob Zombie was the best in horror. I will try anything once... and so I did, what I got for my $8.99 DVD was a fairly average attempt at a movie that did not even give the chills once.

That being said, I do applaud Rob Zombie for not simply relying on blood and gore to gross the audience our like so many of the recent Saw additions have. He does understand that that does not equate to a good horror film, however what he failed to notice was... neither does this.

The redeeming feature of the film that brings it up to 3 stars is the occasional joke/ sick sense of humor that is thrown in there, to mix things up. I believe that I would have enjoyed this movie more had there have been. 1.) A decent story 2.)A couple of re casts 3.)Better directing and 4.) No Rob Zombie!!!

Final Fantasy : Advent Children Complete review, 12 May 2009

The original 101 minute version of the Final Fantasy 7 film was what I had always wanted in a Final Fantasy film similar to the game, unlike the other movie (though on a different level, I enjoyed that too). It was fresh to see that same melding of fantasy and sci fi that made me fall in love with the Final Fantasy series to begin with.

That is why I was excited when I heard that there was going to be an extended version going for 126 minutes, I just couldn't wait to see it...

The picture quality alone is probably worth a look, the picture has been re rendered for HD and it shows. The picture is so much clearer and it really does enhance the movie. The story, from the opening, I could tell was deeper there are more dramatic moments that enhance the story, particularly the parts about geostigma. The overall story is vastly enhanced with greater detail put into the visuals with the introduction of blood and other effects which just add that extra touch.

In short. Refining an already brilliant movie. So if you didn't enjoy FF7 or FF7:AC complete may still not be for you but if you did enjoy the original theatrical cut, this is a must buy for any Final Fantasy fan

A New Breed Of Film!!! The Dark Romantic Comedy., 7 May 2009

When I initially went into the theater I was really excited about seeing this movie, I love Jennifer Garner, I think she is a very underrated actress. So as the movie began I was a little bit disappointed by the 15-20min mar, however after that the movie really picked up. If you are watching this movie stick with it it does get better.

The story does take a little to get into but when it does, it is very good, not what I expected. The story is incredibly cynical which is unlike most chick flicks. I love the odd romantic comedy here and there but sometimes its a little too Hollywood. I feel as though this movie was refreshing and I understand that there will be a lot of people that disagree with me but I thoroughly enjoyed this film.

One of (if not the) best TV shows ever made!!!, 30 April 2009

I was hesitant to watch this show, just after finishing "Six Feet Under", I feared that it may be like "Sit down shut up", which cannot hold a candle to "arrested development", however, I believe that "true blood" may be one of the best things that creator Alan Ball has made.

The story follows a young girl named Sookie (Anna Paquin) who is a barmaid in a small country town in Louisiana. Vampires have 'come out of the coffin' and exposed their existence, naturally, their are crazed religious wingnuts going around trying to stop them, creating cult-like churches and 'god hates fangs' groups. Sookie first meets a vampire at work, Bill, Sookie forms a close bond with the Vampire and all of the residents don't like it. To add to the danger their is a killer going around killing women who are 'fangbangers' and sleep with vampires.

This is an amazing story and always leaves you wanting more, I fortunately watched all of these episodes in a row, I found myself up midnight wanting to watch the next episode. This is one of the most addictive shows on television, I hope that it stays on for as long as it possibly can.

The performances are flawless from each and every cast member. A, at this point, flawless show, that is so addictive it should almost be illegal.

Tarzan (1999)
A really good underrated Movie, 13 April 2009

This movie is perhaps misunderstood, you may look at the cover and think that it is yet another disneyfied classic ruined and altered until it has been worked into the Disney formula, this may have happened a little, but it is not about singing monkeys roaming around aimlessly...

The movie is filled with so much heartache. in the beginning, When Kala loses a child the emotion conveyed in that scene was excellent. The and the scene shared between Tarzan and Jane, the feeling of the heartbeat, was worthy of any film, not just a child's film. I honestly believe that adults will get more from this story than any of the children. The story also moves rather quickly avoided the dragging on, the timing of the movie was perfect, a little short, but never a dull moment. This movie was brilliant.

The technological aspects were amazing the seamless integration of 2D and 3D animation was just extraordinary. I believe that there is something for everybody in this story, a must see for Disney fans and non-fans alike.

Not quite as good as the pilot but still really good!!!, 13 April 2009

After the pilot I was left with high expectations, the second episode perhaps does not live up to the previous one, however, that is not to say that I did not enjoy it, I loved it, I can't wait to see the next episode I am really loving this series.

In this episode we were introduced to a new alter Alice the loving housewife (reminiscent of Bree Van De Kamp from Desperate Housewives). The family experience some comedy during all of this, also some of the drama of living with a person that has multiple personalities emerges in the relationship between Tara and Kate. Again, another great episode, I just can't wait until Buck rears his red neck head out again.

In conclusion I think that this episode along with the series so far is well worth watching I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Off to a very good start!!!, 13 April 2009

The other day I went looking for new TV shows to watch as most of the shows I used to watch Queer As Folk ALIAS etc. have all since finished. I watched the pilot to two new shows Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" and this. The obvious winner was this show it was tender at times, but at the same time it was kinda funny.

Also I find that the humor is not like south park, in your face 'HAHA its funny cause this person has a mental disorder' kind of funny. The comedy was very well done I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The concept is original, we have seen people with multiple personalities before but they are usual psychopaths and are always single, but what about raising a family as one. This creates a good basis for a series to be either a serious drama or maybe something a little more light hearted. I believe that there is a good mix of the two.

As for the other personalities or "the alters" as they are called, hands down, I think my favorite would have to be Buck, the redneck. just to see Toni Colette act like a red neck getting into fights and encouraging her son to get into it by screaming 'f%&k him up'.

I think this show has great potential and I am very interested to see where it goes

Brilliant : Another amazing performance from Streep, 9 April 2009

Initially when I saw this movie on Amazon I was skeptical of buying it, I thought it would be that sort of a lame family struggle film, however this is not the case.

When her son is diagnosed with epilepsy, Lori Reimuller (Meryl Streep), tries to deal with it, taking every measure that she can. After researching epilepsy she discovers the ketogenic diet, a miracle cure? or a unfounded treatment that is a pipe dream? This is a terrific film with wonderful performances from all, I would recommend this film to anyone who has or knows of someone with epilepsy. I myself had it (although this was a mild form that I grew out of). I was never aware of the ketogenic diet.

While I could go on about this film more, simply put it was a must see for everybody, not just for the ketogenic diet but also for awareness of epilepsy in general.

Slow ... but still kinda worked for me, 7 April 2009

I had stumbled across this film after playing parasite eve 2 (so many years ago). I thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought they should make a movie, thinking that it would be far more interesting than the resident evil movies and so on. That was when I found the film, but deciding that there were no copies to be found in Australia, i gave up the search. I now get US DVD, I got this one thinking I would give it a try.

To begin with let me say, do not watch this movie expecting it to be like the square soft versions of the Parasite Eve franchise, this movie can before, and while it has a slower pace than the rest of the installments, I still believe that it works very well.

The story begin with a man who is a scientist, and on the eve of he and his wife's anniversary, she falls victim to a horrible car crash, she is pronounced, brain dead. The husband reluctantly agreed to turn off her life support and give her organs away, on the condition that they give her kidney. The organ goes to a young girl (who is apparently the mother of Aya Brea, the central character of the game, though there seems to be some debate amongst fans) and the young girl begin to experience strange occurrences.

The film is very deep emotionally compared to most others in the J-horror genre, there are, however, some freaky bits such as Mariko in the hospital. One thing that should be mentioned is the special effects, they are quite good for a Japanese movie made in 1997.

One of the downsides to this film is there are moments where the tension simply turns to tedious and while I believe overall the film turned out OK, there is a point, in the hospital where I just tuned out. The final climax however does build up well, leading to the final, very verbal resolution, which I thoroughly enjoyed, it was very well executed. The final scene is very emotional and is a very solid finale.

In conclusion this movie is worth seeing, while it is not perfect, it should entertain movie go-ers and fans of parasite eve alike, as it gives them a chances to see the events leading up to the game.