Robert_Wagner62

One of the Best in all the series, 3 December 2010

Blackadder Goes Forth is the best of the Blackadder series, closely followed by Blackadder the 3rd, 1st & 2nd...But this episode, General Hospital is truly hilarious, not the funniest, but very very funny.

When Blackadder is appointed as the Officer given the task of rooting out a German Spy, a lot of great lines follow. One of my absolute favorite parts is when Blackadder is interrogating Cpt. Darling for no other reason but his disdain for the man, and he ties him up in a chair and gives him a cigarette and then lights it, then smacks it out of his mouth and in an increasingly investigative tone, asks, "OK Darling, what was it the Pumpernickel or the thought of hanging around large men wearing leather shorts...?" What a gas, a true British classic...

I own the whole series, including Blackadder Back & Forth, the one part episode made in 1999, but Blackadder Goes Forth is truly the funniest...

Excellent Dennis Miller Vehicle, 15 November 2008

What at 1st I thought was going to be a disappointing film, really surprised me and had my laughing as well as almost getting scared. Dennis Miller stole the show, even with the bordello full of beauties, Erika Eleniak, Angie Everhart and others, Dennis is in top notch form as the new Bob Hope in this gore & breast fest of one liners and jabs at the vampire world in general.

You don't need to know the plot, you won't even care, if you want to laugh and get a bit scared, this is a great film to do that. Corey Feldman plays a misguided brother of Sweet Erika and Dennis Miller plays the Private Detective who is as funny as he is broke, hanging out at police stations looking for work...He needs to gain some respectability and Erika gives him the chance...

You need to watch this film if you are a fan of the genre, Dennis had to be ad libbing, and as usual he is a excellent with puns & one liners...plainly the man is a comedic genius.

2ND WORST MOVIE OF ALL-TIME (Next to Gigli), 1 February 2006

With huge talents such as Jerry Lewis & Madeline Kahn I thought this movie was going to be gas, sitting in my favorite chair ready to laugh...NEVER DID. Movie made me ill, The directors & producers of this film should be arrested for letting this "VOMIT" on the screen.

The concept of having Jerry Lewis as a space alien could have been funny (See Visit to a Small Planet) which wasn't that funny either, but it wasn't crap like this. I've seen bad movies, like "Manos Hands of Fate", "Gigli", "Plan 9 From Outer Space", and many other terrible films, but with the exception of "Gigli", this is the worst movie I have ever seen, I truly had to take Maalox after this one. How in the Hell did they get The KING of Comedy, Jerry Lewis, and one of the funniest ladies to ever live Madeline Kahn to star in this bag of Dung?

They must have owed favors to the producers or something, because this movie really bit the big one.

Pardon My French, but It Sucked!

DIGGER, NOT SHOVELER!, 21 May 2004

Maybe the greatest Bowery Boy pic ever, right up there with Ghost Chasers & Spook Busters. Leo Gorcey, Huntz Hall, Billy Benedict & Gabriel Dell join in the hijinks when Slip (Leo) mistakingly believes he inherits a mansion on the Sea Coast in Bayshore Long Island. Although he isn't the true owner of the house the Bowery Boys end up taking over the house & make it their own, only to discover that Diamond Smugglers are using the Mansion as their drop off point.

Well enough on the plot, the best parts of this movie are the Boys destroying the English language at every turn & battling the bad guys into submission. The caretaker, played by the GREAT EDDIE GRIBBON, has a great name that Satch (Huntz) messes up, his name is DIGGER, but Satch calls him SHOVELER... Satch & Whitey (Billy Benedict) have some great performance as Satch says...Whitey, Whitey, Whitey..., see this film, it's GREAT!

Terrence Mahoney, Esq. - Esq me another..., 19 May 2004

This is one of my favorite Bowery Boys comedies, minus Bobby Jordan. Slip (Terrence Mahoney)played by the great LEO GORCEY, "thinks" he inherits a mansion, but he's mistaken, because the letter is addressed to "Terrence Mahoney, Esq.", and Slip just happens to be cleaning this other Mahoney's office when the letter arrives, great pretense aay?

Well then the hijinks begins as Slip, Satch (Huntz Hall), Whitey (Billy Benedict) & the rest of the boys go to the mansion & discover that there's a diamond smuggling racket going on right in the house. One great scene is when the bad guys have our heroes locked up in a room, Satch loses it and begins to jabber "Oooh Whitey, Whitey, Whitey..." but Whitey just keeps on pacing the floor and doesn't notice Satch's frustration.

Well, the real Terrence Mahoney shows up just in the nick of time as does Gabriel Dell, another original Dead End Kid, and the boys get saved & Slip gets the house. If you get a chance to, see this movie, it'll make you laugh.

a/k/a Journey to URANUS, 9 April 2004

I bought this double DVD recently and liked it very much, and then after watching it for like the 2nd time, I started to wonder, why didn't they name this movie Journey to URANUS, and I finally got the joke, I laughed my butt off! They maybe should have titled it Journey to Neptune... But I like Journey to the Seventh Planet just fine.

The whole Sci-Fi genre should be proud of these diamonds in the rough and the DVD which had two movies on it cost me only $9.99, which I thought was a very fair price to take a Journey to URANUS! Oh Yeah thats What I am talking about.

YOU MUST SEE THIS MOVIE, 15 March 2004

Perfect adaption of the gospels put to film. I saw this movie, knowing full well the story, and afterwards it left me numb. I've seen many stories of the life of Jesus Christ, but never did I know the punishment he went through in such detail, the scourging & the beatings. Some might say that the violence was too much, I say the violence was accurate and needed to be seen, how else can one realize what the Messiah did for us.

I felt no bad feelings towards Jewish people before, during or after this film, It's completely historic that the Sanhedrin & the Pharisees wanted Jesus Crucified, so there was nothing new in the movie, but the Romans enjoyment of beating the Lord was something I hadn't witnessed until this movie.

Great movie, must see, Christian, Muslim or Jew... Maybe the greatest film ever made... no, "IS" THE GREATEST FILM EVER MADE.

Fathom (1967)
FATHOM IS RAQUEL WELCH, 28 August 2003

Any movie containing a 27 year old Raquel Welch dressed in a bikini is something worth watching. True the story, plot & other characters are boring, but Raquel Welch circa 1967, is a 10, and any film she was in during this time is a 10! BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!

GREATEST COMEDY HORSEFLICK EVER, 2 May 2003

Without a doubt, the greatest Horse Racing Comedy ever, why? Because Groucho, Chico & Harpo were the funniest men who ever lived, and this was one of their best scripts, produced by (before his death) Irving Thalberg, the genius. Allan Jones provides great romantic lead and the beautiful Maureen O'Sullivan spikes it up also, what a beautiful woman. Then there is the Marx Bros., Scene after scene HILARIOUS! This is one of the top 5 Marxian comedies ever made, along with A Night at the Opera, Duck Soup, Horse Feathers & Animal Crackers.

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT MOVIE!

BOB & VIRGINIA STORM THE SEAS OF LAUGHTER, 19 March 2003

Bob Hope's classic Princess & the Pirate is a classic in so many ways, but the main thing is it's damn funny, and one line always comes to mind when I think of this movie, V. Mayo to Bob Hope: Why don't you die like a man, and Bob replies, because I'd rather live like a woman!

Says it all!