liv1983

Lathuania? There is no such country. And some good thoughts about the movie., 18 November 2007

First of all, about the sentence "where many people from different countries come to Lathuania". What kind of country is Lathuania? Maybe it is a new way of mixing two different countries (which though have things in common): Latvia and Lithunia. The events take place mostly in Latvia and only a little bit in Lithuania. I thought it was very important to say this as I am Latvian and do not like mixing up the two countries or even saying a wrong name of our country. Nothing personal, please. This movie for me as a Latvian was very exciting from the very first moment. I suppose it is more interesting for those who represent the nationalities involved in the movie, like Latvians, Lithuanians, Russians, English, Americans, Germans, Austrians, French and even Chinese (did I forgot anybody?). I liked the way Latvians and other nationalities were represented. Good humor, really!