tokyobratcammi

Nana 2 (2006)
Unbelievably disappointed, 20 November 2007

This second movie didn't even come close to hitting the main points of the manga or anime. They de-constructed the entire plot. Ridiculous for anyone to watch unless they are in love with Hiroki like me! They took out the best part at the end and leave you wondering if you are going to get a 3rd movie. The replacement of actors we all know and love, to be replaced by people we have no clue who they are, although I dare say Shin's replacement is more similar in appearance to the illustrated version than Matsuyama did. I was VERY upset to see Ryuhei replaced as Ren but what can you do when a director assumes an actor will want to be stuck in a role people know for the character and not the actor himself. It didn't really bother me that they replaced Nana (Hachi) because I wasn't thrilled with either of their performances. Compared to the first Nana this one was a complete bust. Even though I knew that there was more to come at the end of the first film I felt fulfilled. Enjoy!........or not!