riverprincess

Good movie, 7/10., 7 September 2004

Anna (Eva Kotthaus) is a factory worker in East Germany. Her five-year-old son Jochen, lives with his grandparents in the West and Anna wants him to live with her, so she abducts him. Along the way she meets Carl (Erik Schumann) who helps her with her son and they fall in love. This was a good drama/romance that kept me interested from start to finish, but nothing special about it. 7 out of 10. I was surprised to see a young Horst Buchhholz who plays a Russian soldier in this. It probably was his first major role in a movie, and he definitely went on to bigger and better things in Hollywood.

well deserved oscar for Joanne Woodward, 3 November 2003

Joanne Woodward is simply amazing as a woman who suffers from Multiple Personality Disorder. She is very believable, and is fantastic in all three personalities, Eve White/Eve Black/Jane. Lee J Cobb is also great as the doctor who treats her. In my opinion one of the greatest "Best Actress Academy Award" winning performances that I have watched. She deserves all the critical acclaim and awards that she won. 10 out of 10.

Metropolis (1927)
amazing...., 11 May 2003

I am not a big fan of Sci-Fi movies, but Fritz Lang's Metropolis was very good and I enjoyed it. An amazing technical achievement for a silent film made in 1927. The acting may seem strange and annoying to some people, but it didn't bother me. 9 out of 10

Amazing movie!, 27 April 2003

I stayed up late Sunday night and all I knew about this film was what I read in the TV guide, that it starred Hayley Mills (I had only seen her in one other film). I didn't expect this to be such a moving and wonderful film. Kathy (Mills) is a girl who finds a man in her barn who she believes is Jesus Christ (Alan Bates,) but he's really a murderer on the run. Along with her siblings and the other town children they all believe in him and take care of him. The ending is very powerful and moving. Beautifully filmed in black and white, I found this to be a really great film. Hayley Mills is excellent, Alan Bates, all the children and the rest of the cast are all terrific. One of the best 1960's British film that I have watched - 10/10.

I Love This Movie, 28 April 2002

I have to say that i truly love this film. It is so fun to watch and has a great cast. Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles are terrific in the film. This is one of the best teen movies i have ever seen. If you want to have a good time and laugh out loud I recommend this movie for you!