Darth_Homer

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Without question, the funniest thing on the internet, 8 August 2004

I'm sure everyone has at least heard of, or played the revered Xbox classic Halo:Combat Evolved. Everyone loves that game, but would you take your love that far to make a webseries of the show? Well, thats what a bunch of geeks have done, and done and brilliant job of it.

The series is set after the end of the first game and before the start of the second, and essentially, tells the story of two sides (Reds and Blues) and their conflict in Blood Gulch (the best map in Halo)

The great thing about this show is that it's funny, and I MEAN funny! Heres a line just to show a example

(While in a tank)"Why is there six pedals if theres only four directions!?"

The series is filled with other great lines, but I'll leave you to find them.

The great thing about the series is that it's filmed from inside the game, it's not a comic, or just some guys playing and speaking, it shows the characters moving, with voices dubbed over of course, and it shows that it's done somewhat professionally.

Finally, just let me say, watch this series, it's one of the greatest ever web series, and one of the funniest things ever made, it joins the list of other great funny things like the Simpsons, Futurama and Monty Python and the Holy Grail!

One of the most creative and original games ever, 20 May 2004

Wow, even though I hate Pokemon, the game is actually kind of good, because not only is it the addictiveness of the game, but in a clever case of game designing, the game is put into two seperate games, each containg 75 of the monsters each.

Storyline wise, the game is ok, it's the same, I must become the greatest trainer in history storyline, but still, it works, Soundwise, it's ok as well, the sound isn't GTA:VC great (which is an extremely high standard). Gameplay wise, it's like an RPG, without the insanely hard battles.

So enjoy or hate, it's your choice

"Pokémon" (1997)
Crap and Lame, 20 May 2004

Pokemon, call it anything you like, has got to be one of the interesting franchises to come of late, no other franchise has been around for which I can constantly enjoy and make fun of at the same time.

The anime is one of the better points of the franchise however, because no animes have I heard of have ever got banned episodes, and it's one of the longest animes ever, and seems that it will never die.

The show is based around a kid named Ash Ketchum, whom with his faithful Pokemon friend, Pikachu, aspires to become the greatest Pokemon master. The series is interesting because as long as Nintendo keep making the games, Pokemon will never die.

However, Pokemon sucks cause of one main reason, the episode structure, it's the same in pretty much every episode, heres a example, Ash and his friends are walking, Team Rocket ambushes them, They get beaten, Ash continues on his journey. Of course this would've worked if they WOULD STOP REPEATING THEMSELVES(like the games) Story Repition is one of the main reasons why I hate most shows (a prime example of this is the Jimmy Neutron show)

Soundwise, it's just crap, music and voices are lame.

In short, the show is a great example of mass-marketing, if however, you wanna see a better show, go watch DBZ (the longest anime ever created) or go see a REAL anime show (like Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, and many others)

Could've been so much better, 12 April 2004

I just got back to see this film....and well, I wasn't expecting much, in fact, I gave up a change to go see Starsky and Hutch, but I took my little bro to see it, while me bro's enjoyed that film.

I've seen the first film, and thought that this would be a much better film, but I have to say it's pretty much equal with the first. I've seen most of the original cartoon, and that was a pretty repitious show, and I'm impressed that they didn't stick to routine, and provided an original Scooby Doo storyline that is ok....at times.

Sadly, this movie is intended for kids though, with plenty of fart jokes, but contains little, very hard to notice drug references, which as a teenager, made me laugh a little. But the films soundtrack is pretty good, and if you own the Game Boy Advance Game, theres a password at the end which does something, but I don't own the game so I don't know what it does.

So what do I think of it? Is it as crap as everyone says it is? Well, I would have to say that it isn't crap, but it's not great either, it's a very average film, that could've been much better

So what do I give it?

5/10= Average

Incredible...., 8 March 2004

When was the last time you saw an claymation film and saw just how good it was, last time for me was Nick Parks Wallace and Gromit films (still the best examples of claymation ever). Until last night, I believed all that, if you recall Adam Elliots Oscar Speech, he said that his Oscar Winning film, Harvie Krumpet would be on 9PM on SBS. I just happened to watch it that night, and was completely blown away.

To sum up this film completely, it's one mans entire life story told in 30 minutes, it also features some great moments, which I won't spoil, but the best part of it would have to be Geofferey Rush's Narration, this is by far, the best voice-over work I have ever heard in a animated film.

So, please, do yourselves a favour, go see this film, you'll laugh, you'll cry and be utterely moved.

Comic Book Guy wouldn't say Worst Game Ever to this one, 3 February 2004

It's the genre we love to hate, licensed video games. This genre often produces some of the crappiest games ever made, one such victim has been the Simpsons, in which many a crappy game has been made about the show.

Now, the waters have parted, at last, A great Simpsons game since Konamis smash aracde game has graced us, it's name, The Simpsons: Hit and Run.

To put the game a little simpiler, it's Simpsons meets GTA, minus all the violence which made the latter a smash hit. But even without the violence, this is still a great game.

The best part about the game is the script and sound. The script is great, being penned by the shows writers and voiced by the shows actors, getting an authentic feel to the game, and the script is one of the funniest ever written, probably funnier than the Futurama script.

The games only fault is with the camera, it just happens to get in your way so much it's really annoying and destroys the game.

In short, if u love the Simpsons or love car-madness, get this game!

The first and best SNES game that I own, 10 October 2003

Wow, just, where do I begin about this game, as the game is so awesome, it inspired a new generation of video-gamers and is just so wonderful to be writing for this. Below is a quick summary to each game

NOTE: SOME SPOILERS IN THIS SECTION

SUPER MARIO BROS: The game that took video-gaming to a new level, and inspired some of the best games ever made, you can't call yourself a gamer without playing this game

SUPER MARIO BROS-THE LOST LEVELS: Essentially the same game, with some new levels and a choice between characters

SUPER MARIO BROS 2: The weakest of the Super Mario games, but it's very innovative, you play as one of 5 characters, using vegetables to combat your foes.

SUPER MARIO BROS 3: The first Nintendo game I ever played, and is the best selling NES game of all time.

SUPER MARIO WORLD: This game only comes in newer versions of All-Stars, it's a good game, but it's sequel is MUCH better

So there you have it, any one who owns a SNES is bound to have this package of some of the best games in history

My Rating: 10/10

The decline continues, 3 August 2003

Rugrats in Paris, where can I start.... well, it's kinda like the first film, the fact that it's not a terrible movie, but certainly not a masterpiece either.

First off, the only good bits are the Godfather Parody at the start, and I must say, it's a good parody, and some well scripted lines, thats where the good stuff stops, and if you wanna expect a good film, stop reading now.

The bad points are that the movie has crappy animation, some bad voice acting, and crappy designs, thats all the bad points.

Other than that, it's a relativly enjoyable experience, and you just might like it.

Overall: 6/10

Beats all the previous GTA games, 5 July 2003

Only one word can describe this game "Wow" I mean, when you're playing this game, you'll be thinking that word over and over.

Gameplay: Anypne who's played a GTA game will remember this formula, GTA is a freeform game, so that means you can do anything you want, then do the story missions later, this gives the game some serious value and fun, twisted sort of fun. 10/10

Graphics: Nice visuals, and good character and local design. 10/10

Sound: This is where Vice City shines, not only does the main character speak in this one, this game features just about one of the best soundtracks ever featured in a game, with authentic 80's tunes like Billy Jean, you'll fall in love with the songs you never wanted to hear again. 10/10

Replayable?: Yep

Overall: 10/10 (A must buy!!!)

Dark, Funny and well Animated, the last great American Animated TV Show, 5 June 2003

Sometimes, there comes along a animated show which will be remembered for all time, now with all the anime we see on today's screens, we start to think, what happened to all the truly great American cartoons, well, this is the response to all that.

Invader ZIM is the story of a one alien trying to dominate Earth, along with his robot sidekick GIR, he tries but we all know he will fail, such is the story which is Invader ZIM.

Now that I've got that down, let me just say that this show's concept is good, the jokes funny and the animation slick and surreal.

I really don't fell like saying anymore, is it'll all be praise, but I tell you, if this show is ever on, stop what you are doing and watch, like myself and millions around the world, you will be hooked.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]