panfryd

Worst movie I've seen in a long time..., 21 April 2012

As a romantic comedy, this is one of my favorite movie genres. With Drew Barrymore and Christina Applegate, I was expecting a good movie ... especially with its current IMDb rating of 6.4. I can usually count on any movie rated 6 or higher on IMDb to be at least worth watching.

This movie did have a few hilarious moments and was well made with some good acting. But, for one thing, I've never heard so much completely unnecessary profanity. I don't think I've ever seen any movie where the F--- word was uttered so many times ... and in a romantic comedy??? Not just much more than necessary, but I bet well over 100 times. These people had such foul mouths I couldn't identify with them. I'm no prude, but the "stars" didn't utter a sentence that didn't contain at least one foul word, or three ... It became very distracting. Maybe the screenwriter was paid by the amount of profanity he could cram in.

If that wasn't enough, the movie was totally inane ... following every worn out recipe. It is extremely rare for a movie to be so very bad that I can't bear to finish watching it, but this one reached that mark. After suffering through it almost to the end, I couldn't take it any more and finally got up (at that point, I didn't really care how it ended). This was a terrible, terrible movie! I rated it a 4, mainly because of the few very funny bits.