anthony-rigoni

Page 1 of 22:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Ruddigore (1966)
Worth of A Splurge, 15 June 2014

Like I said, I am a fan of Gilbert and Sullivan's Mikado. So, I came across this animated adaption to another of Gilbert and Sullivan's operettas, Ruddigore. Was it worth a try? Let's have a look.

The first positive thing I would like to say is that this cartoon has decent animation. I mean, it's not Toy Story, but what the heck? It's pretty good animation done by Halas and Batchelor at the time. The second positive thing is that this movie has the Doyle-Carte Company as the voices of all the characters in the cartoon. Not to mention that it has songs that are true too the operetta. The only downside is that this cartoon is kinda short, as some of the songs from the operetta were cut from the cartoon.

Aside from the fact that it's only 50 minutes long, I think that this is worth a try and it's a much better animated adaption than the Gentlemen of Titipu.

More like the Dumbasses of Titipu!, 28 May 2014

For those of you who don't know, The Mikado is one of my favorite operas done by the late William S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan. Out of all the adaptations and versions I have seen, this has got to be one of the worst, if not the single worst, adaptation of the Mikado I have ever seen. And don't even try to pull the "It's a kids movie" card because I already explained that in my review for Oogieloves and the Big Balloon Adventure and I'm not going to explain it again.

First of all, the story. Did the idiots behind this cartoon even paid attention to the original operetta?! I guess not. Second, the animation. Bland and cheesy, the animation has no appeal to the story at all. I've seen better animation by Halas and Batchelor when they did the animated adaptation to Ruddigore! Third, those god-awful voices. Where's Valerie Masterson? Where's John Reed? Where's Philip Potter? Where the hell is Donald Adams?! None of the voice actors stayed true to their characters, especially the one playing Katisha! Finally, it's too damn short! How can it be possible for these assclowns to turn one of the most memorable operas into a 40-something minute cartoon? Very impossible!

This cartoon is not the way to introduce the younger generation to the whimsical world of Gilbert and Sullivan. The right way to introduce the Mikado is let them watch the 1966 version of the opera. At least that movie had some charm. The Gentlemen of Titipu is so bad, it might as well be on Koko's list and the makers behind this piece of garbage will never be missed.

An Extremist Piece of Crap, 21 March 2014

This movie and Elmo Saves Christmas are the reasons why I should reconsider celebrating Christmas. When I was 13, I didn't know better. The reviews on Youtube, however, made me think about how bad this is.

The movie stars Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis(Why?!) as a couple who is going to go on vacation for Christmas. Of course, the town they live in gets wind of this and think that they should celebrate Christmas or else. What the living hell is with these people?! Who sponsored this film, the Westboro Baptist Church?! Okay, first off, you dumb-asses, you can't force someone to stay and spend Christmas and decorate their houses so that you people can get an award. Of course, the Kranks are no better when they hear that their daughter is coming home and lied to her face.

The acting is too corny to comprehend. Just like the Felix the Cat movie, I can't find a single character who I'm suppose to feel sorry for(Except for the elderly couple near the end where one of them has cancer, but I think you get the gist).

So, what moral do we have here, folks? The so-called moral this movie is screaming out is that you better celebrate Christmas or Frosty the Snowman will kill you in your sleep(Thank you for demonizing Frosty, you jackasses). To make a long story short, if you're thinking about getting this movie on DVD this Christmas, I suggest you don't.

If you like the original Dragonball Z, 16 March 2014

You're going to love this fan-based series if you're a fan of the Dragon Ball Z TV show. The Abridged Dragonball Z features perfectly timed jokes to lighten up the mood. Well, that and the YuGiOh Abridged Series(But that's another review for now.). Team Four Star has done the hilarious fan-dubbing version of Dragonball Z ever seen. This also features some voice actors whose voices are the same as the voice actors in the original Dragonball Z series not to mention the parody suits the original Dragonball Z at best. Like I said, you should give this parody a chance. Once you watched this series, you'll be glad you did. Check it out on Youtube.

When I think of the Radiocity Music Hall..., 7 March 2014

I certainly don't think of a purple dinosaur nor the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(But that's another review). Since I have watched reviews about this pile of crap on Youtube, I'm gonna give you my two cents on this movie. Are you ready?

The first thing I like to complain about this show is the acting. The acting is as cheesier as a typical cut scene from the CDi video games. The second thing I wanna point out is that there are too many musical numbers. It's like Tom and Jerry the movie, only that this has more pointless musical numbers than Tom and Jerry the movie. The third thing I would like to point out is how utterly retarded Barney is. He doesn't think the Winkster is evil, he agrees with BJ's idiotic plan to play baseball to get the Winkster to watch, putting on a circus instead of coming up with a plan to get his stupid bag back, and even singing a song about how "please" and "thank you" will solve your problems. Yeah right.

I don't know which is worse: Barney live at Radiocity or a bunch of actors in turtle costumes playing with terribly made instruments? I'm choosing both. Don't even thinking about watching this on Youtube.

The Heat (2013/I)
A Great Under-Rated Comedy, 31 December 2013

I got this movie on Christmas. I think that The Heat is a very funny movie. Why do I think the Heat is an under-rated favorite of mine? Let's find out.

The first thing I would like to point is the comedic timing pulled by Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. Out of all the actors and actresses in the movie, I think that Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy are two of the funniest actresses I have seen since Lucille Ball. They have pulled their acting very well. There's also the action sequences as well and surprising twists.

I think that you should give the Heat a splurge because of Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarty's performances.

The First Pound Puppies Movie..., 26 October 2013

And yet it flopped. Don't get me wrong, but I'm a fan of the 1980's Pound Puppies TV Show. After watching the movie a few times, I found out that this isn't good movie nor a bad movie either. The only good thing is that unlike Tom and Jerry the Movie, which was loaded with a lot of stupid and unnecessary musical numbers, there are a couple of songs out of six songs I liked. The two songs are "At the Pound" and "Now that You're Here". The only song that I hate was "King of Everything." Seriously? You're letting the villain sing? It sounded like he wasn't even trying. The only gripes I have with this movie are 1) It is not related to the TV Show nor the TV Special, 2) None of the Pound Puppies looked or behaved like their original selves, and 3)Katrina Stoneheart, the show's main villain, isn't even in this movie. Where is she? And where's Holly? And Brattina? And Catgut? Hell, where the flying s--- is Captain Slaughter?! It's little wonder why the Pound Puppies never made a second movie.

One of the most over-rated films I have ever seen, 26 October 2013

I... I just don't know what to think. Once upon a time, I came across the reviews for this movie and you know what I found out? It was one of the biggest box office failures of all time. Then I came across this movie at its page. At first, I was not surprised when this piece of pig diarrhea got 2.1 stars. When I came back just recently, my heart skipped a beat when I found out that not only did this horrible excuse of a film got 7.1, I kid you not, 7.1 stars, there were also bogus reviews written by morons who clearly have no taste in films whatsoever.

First off, the acting. The acting is so unspeakably bad, it has nothing to hide. Second, the songs. Oh my goodness, the songs are terrible to listen to. Almost nobody has put time and effort into singing the songs, if you can even call them songs. The song sung by the window(Maya Strange) sounded like the lyrics were written by Dr. Seuss' long-lost mentally retarded cousin. Third, the characters' names. Tootie, Zoofie, Lero Sombrero, Dottie Rounder? Those are names only a TODDLER can come up with! Finally, there are no morals in this film. No lessons learned, no morals taught, and nothing that the children can possibly learn other than the fact that even kids wouldn't be that stupid to watch this crap.

I fail to see why people would considered this abomination to be a great film. Now I know what you're going to say "Lay off! It's only a kids movie!". So, you're going to pull the "kids movie" card, right? Well, the Toy Story trilogy are kids movies and I considered them one of the best trilogies ever made. Pound Puppies and the Legend of Big Paw is a kids movie, but it never followed the original TV Series. Should I mention the abysmal piece of pig s*** known as Spider's Web: A Pig's Tale?

To conclude, the acting is crap, the songs are abysmal, none of the characters are likable, there are no morals in this film, and the bogus reviews written by mentally-challenged idiots make me so mad that I'd want to destroy every DVD copy of this film I could find. Please, don't waste your time watching this film. If you wanted to watch this movie, fine, go ahead. But, don't say I didn't warn you.

Update: 7.3 stars?! Are you people kidding me?! This movie is retarded! It's not a great movie!

Update 2: 7.6 stars?!! What the hell is going on what you people?! Who in their right mind would find this movie enjoyable to watch?! Did the film makers and executive producers behind this piece of s*** wrote the bogus reviews?!

Final Update: 7.9 stars?! Why?! This must have been rigged! There's a conspiracy going on between the film makers of this retarded piece of crap and IMDb! This has to be stopped!

Nothing but a half-hour of terrible jokes, 8 October 2013

I wish I haven't come across this short. I really do. Do you want to know why? Do you really want to know why?

First, the animation. My god, the animation is horrible. Imagine the animation of Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids and the cartoons from Monty Python's Flying Circus thrown in together and what do you get? One of the worst styles of animation ever seen. At least the animation in Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids and the Terry Gilliam cartoons have better animation than this garbage.

Oh, and don't get me started with the jokes! How can anyone, and I mean anyone, find any of these crappy jokes funny? No, really, how? Where did these writers get the jokes from, a kids' joke book.

Calling this short a crappy piece of turd would be an insult to pieces of turd and I dare you to watch this. Trust me, once the short is done, you will end up breaking the tape in half.

(Sighes and Shakes Head in Dsbelief), 20 August 2013

How did this piece of pig s--- get green-lit? What kind of drugs was Michael Shelp smoking? Did he get the idea from a six-year-old kid who watched Charlotte's Web?

First of all, the title of this movie is confusing as hell. Is this movie about the spider's web? Is it the story of the pig? Second, the animation. If you thought the cut-scenes from the Zelda CD-I video games have bad animation, this, surprisingly, has even worse animation than the Zelda CD-I games. The characters never even show facial expressions at all. And speaking of the characters, they are all unlikeable and mentally handicapped. Finally, there's the story. What is the movie's message? Is lying good? Is lying bad? Please make up your mind, movie!

No child should be forced to watch this terrible, terrible movie against their will. The movie's title is confusing, the animation is hideous, the characters are all idiots, and the message is also confusing. My advice: stay far, far, far away from this cinematic brain tumor.

Page 1 of 22:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]