Pulpthatsfiction

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Definitely belongs among Woody's Best and also the best of the year, 18 June 2011

Woody Allen does what very few filmmakers can do. He makes you fall in love with the characters. All of his movies have been character driven films and they all have a certain flare about them that separates his films from everyone else and in Midnight in Paris it really shows. The films stars just like all of his other films a huge cast of talented actors. Owen Wilson, Rachael Mcadams, Marion Cotillard, Kurt Filler, Alison Pill, and Tom Hiddleston. They all shine in this film and even when some of the actors have small roles they leave a lasting impression.

If you love Paris you will differently love this love letter to the wonderful city. Woody Allen continues to prove why he is considered one of the best filmmakers around with this movie. Also Owen Wilson plays a fantastic Woody Allen and gives the best performance of his career. Alison Pill is wonderful with the southern accent and really shines in her role as does Tom Hiddleston. Also There's the always great Rachael Mcadams who's as talented as beautiful. Woody Allen shot Paris quite wonderfully and makes want to live in Paris in the 20's in the rain. The script which was written in the mid 2000's and Woody Allen tried to get this film made but it was to expensive so he had time to work on this script and it really shows because like some of his recent movies like Cassendra's Dream it probably would have been better with a little more work on the script and here is prime example why.

If this film does not get any accolades by the end of the year it would quite shocking. Especially for the acting which everyone deserves recognition. With its great acting and its wonderful writing and directing this defiantly is one of the best films of the year.

District 9 (2009)
SEE IT TWICE!! A Sci-Fi Masterpiece, 15 August 2009

This film is great the first time seeing but it is much better a second time. This is a must for Sci-Fi Lovers. This is definitely the best science fiction film of the decade and that is not a joke. Neil Blomkamp has got heck of career ahead. This movie felt like it was being directed by a professional but it was Neils first future length film! The story is thought provoking, the pacing is just right, the special effects are amazing and the films budget was only 30 million dollars.

The final word on this film is its amazing definitely award worthy and a must see. But I must this film is not for everyone this is a very violent movie and very intense SEE IT TWICE!!

The Thing (1982)
There's no other movie like this one, 7 August 2008

John Carpenter's The Thing Is a great classic that not that many people have seen today and for those how have seen this you know what I mean. What makes this film so great is that its so different from any movie I have ever seen. For the most part horror films have bad story telling, bad acting and is usually just bad. Thats not The Thing, The Thing is really a true masterpiece. Everything about it is just perfect, the acting, the directing, the writing just everything about this movie is perfect. The best thing about this movie would have to be the atmosphere in this movie. It feels like your in the middle of nowhere and this thing is around imitating things. I mean it could be anyone it could be you and you wont even Know that its you infected. The musical score by Ennio Morricone is spectacular and one of the best ever. The main part of the score is just to very low bass notes that just puts you in the awkward feeling that you know something bad is going to happen. The acting by everyone is very well done and is believable by everyone. The directing by John Carpenter is pitch perfect, I had never really like John Carpenter directing in any of his movies Until I saw this.

On of the most mind blowing movies ever and a brilliant performance by Health Ledger, 22 July 2008

Batman Begins when it was released 4 years ago it set the new bar for superhero movies. It was the first superhero movie I like. What Christopher Nolan did in dark knight was set a new bar for superhero movies and all movies alike. This film was directed superbly, fantastic editing and music, and some of the best acting of this decade. Most of the action scenes were jaw dropping, no other movie wowed more then this movie did. Health Ledger is nothing short of amazing, I thought the bad guy in No Country For Old was scary. This is the best Joker and one of the best performances of all time. The joker on this movie is sadistic and insane I was literally shaking in my seat I was blown away by Health Ledger. His performances is a masterpiece even better than the movie itself. Even though Health Ledger performances did steal the entire show the , Aaron Eckhart did also a fantastic job too and also Oscar worthy too. This is Christopher Nolan best film and has a lot of good ones and this one just better than of all their films and a lot of other films than general. This film well for sure be look on as a classic for many years and definitely influence young film makers for many years.

Pepare For a Truly Awesome Movie, 8 July 2008

This is a funny awesome movie that thats not only for kids but also for adults and teenagers. This film has one of the biggest all star cast I have ever seen. It stars Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Angelina Jolie, Lucy Liu, Jackie Chan, Seth Rogan and David Cross and the all of the all star cast give great performances. This film also Has very cool bad guy played Ian McShane how gives the best performance of this movie. This is one of the few movies to get me laughing out loud and to keep on making me laugh time after time after time. I will say this is Dreamworks best animated and probably there best film ever. This film is fantastic and there truly nothing bad about this film and I have seen it twice and still can't find nothing bad about this movie and its a must see.

Beast with a Billion Backs delivers Billions of laughs, 28 June 2008

Since I was very pleased with Benders Big Score I was eagerly waiting for this movie to come out. Now its here I picked it up and again am very pleased. It's not as good as Benders Big Score but it delivers endless entrainment just like the show. The Robot Devil makes the best guest star performance and just could not get enough of that scene. All the performances in this movie were amazing(David Cross, John Di Maggio, Billy West, Katey Sagal just to name a few!) the films commentary is great just like the one in Benders Big Score and I really do not like commentary. I well say the ending was a quit bad and it feels like they didn't try at all. The biggest disappoint come from were the Fry and Leela love story is not continued that made me made. But in the end this is a great DVD to own and its must if you are a futurama fan.

P.S In the DVD there's a sneak peak to the next futurama which looks fantastic.

Iron Man (2008)
A Marvel Movie that Actually Delivers, 18 May 2008

Yes I will say that it is one of the few superhero moves that I have like. I first thought that movie look OK but it look very cheesy and just like all superhero movies that suck. I well say I was very shocked how this film turned out. Robert Downey Jr. is certainly the best thing about this movie and definite going to be the comeback for this actor. All the other actors do a good job but nothing compared to Robert. The special effects are really good and so is the editing. When the Iron Man song kicks in at the end of the movie is awesome. Really the big Bad thing abut this movie is the first 15 minutes is just awful and not funny, but after that the film makes you laugh, excites you and entertains you just what a summer blockbuster should.

Network (1976)
Cert, 17 May 2008

Really this film has some of the best acting in any film have seen in my entire life. Faye Dunaway gives one of the best performances I have ever seen and really glad that she won best actress at the Oscars. I mean scene after scene she amazed me with her acting and certainly top 3 performances ever. Peter Finch is also stunning in this movie and defiantly must say that this is Robert Duvall's best performance. The writing by Paddy Chayefsky is very well done and wrote one of the best films about TV. I will say the directing is not that good, really the acting and the writing is the only good thing about this movie but they are so good makes this film a must see.

You Know it Wasen't that Bad, 17 May 2008

First of all I really thought this was gonna be bad. I never thought it would come close for me to it was OK. Of course the acting is going to be awful but what do you expect from these kids. That and of course the somewhat bad ending is really the only thing that is bad about his movie. The film making by Andrew Adamson especial the directing was very good and I'm sad that he will not be directing the next installment. The music and the rat is the best part of this movie and especially the rat. The music is very dramatic and really gets you into the mood that you should be feeling and Of course the special effects are pretty good. The battle scenes are quit epic and was very surprise that there were really good. This film won't rank up with best of the year but the music and the rat make this a must see.

Brick (2005)
Brick a masterpiece. Nothing less and so much more, 11 May 2008

Brick was the best film of 2005 and it was one of the movies that no one saw and really no one paid attention. Well for those who have not seen this movie your missing one hell of a movie. This films story is deep so original I still can't believe that it came form debut writer and director. This is Rian Johnson first film and this film is just as good and even better as films that came from Stanley Kubrick and Serigo Leone. The story goes past any story I have watch or read and defiantly best ever. IT puts into some town that you may have never seen put its so believable. Acting is brilliant and a lot of them were newcomers and that was very surprising. Joseph Gordon-Levitt(Brendan) is just amazing and ranks up there and beyond of all of the greatest male performances. If I could give an Oscar to anyone He would defiantly be in my top 3. Emilie de Ravin(Emily ), Nora Zehetner(Laura), The pin(Lukas Haas), Dode(Noah Seagan) and Tug(Noah Fleiss) are all just amazing in this film. Some might think that the editing is very choppy and bad but I thought is very well done and simply just made the film even better. Rian Johnson Directing and writing beats Stanley Kubrick and I love Stanley Kubrick. Ecery time I watch this movie my mouth is catching flies cause its open so big. Definlty the best debut ever for many people.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]