nowego

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Another Excellent Stephen King Movie, 21 May 2017

This is one of those movies I have on my must watch again list and have seen it numerous times, it never gets old.

Being a fan of Stephen King, Kathy Bates, Jennifer Jason Leigh, David Strathairn, Christopher Plummer and John C. Reilly, probably, but not necessarily helps, the story is just that good.

It is a classic Stephen King book I read in a very short period of time without putting it down much.

It is also a Stephen King novel that has been adapted to the screen very well, unlike others novels he has written. Probably because it features only real people who most could relate to in real life.

Kathy Bates is outstanding and probably up there with the best I have seen with her in the starring role, Misery would come a close second even though she got an Oscar for it, rather than this one.

Early on some would regard this as a very dreary movie, which it probably is, just ignore that and continue watching all the way through. Don't give up half way, it is another genuine Stephen King masterpiece and you will be rewarded for persevering.

Solid 8/10

Table 19 (2017)
Above average feel good comedy, 20 May 2017

Admittedly I am a bit of a fan of Anna Kendrick and Lisa Kudrow, even though I have never watched a full episode of Friends.

When you add to these, Stephen Merchant as an oddball naive character who gets himself into "interesting" situations, June Quibb as the forgotten Nanny, Craig Robinson as the other half to Lisa Kudrow as the Kepps, Tony Revolori as Rezno and you have all the characters who make up Table 19.

Table 19 is basically the rejects table.

I went in to this one not knowing what to expect, except that it had some great actors who I like in it. I left feeling pretty good and having been entertained with a pretty good laugh along the way.

It has some very funny moments and a few sad moments, but it should leave most who see it feeling good in the end. If it doesn't .......

5.5/10 for me rounded up to a 6 as there is no halves on IMDb.

Hard to believe this is Animation, 17 May 2017

In my opinion the best animation movie I have ever seen and it could easily score 10 out of 10, silly as it sounds I only gave it a 9 so I had wiggle room for the sequel.

Jay Baruchel, who has done some decent movies, does the voice of Hiccup to perfection. The whole movie really revolves around Hiccup and Toothless, his young dragon.

As one other reviewer stated, Toothless exhibits masses of personality and is like a huge lovable puppy. Being able to display this level of personality without uttering a single word is beyond impressive.

The addition of romance, comedy and action galore makes this a movie for all the family as I assume was Dreamworks aim.

This is truly a fun movie that has to be seen to be believed.

Mind Blowing, 16 May 2017

I am not a huge fan of sequels and it is hard to write a review about what I see as one of the most perfect movies I have had the privilege to see.

The Nolan brothers have done a brilliant job with this sequel to the critically acclaimed Batman Begins of 2005.

Heath Ledger as the Joker virtually steals the movie, add him to Christian Bale as Batman, Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent and Michael Caine as Alfred, then add the brilliant Morgan Freeman and the ever reliable Gary Oldman in their respective roles and you have an absolutely brilliant cast to work their magic.

I am not as eloquent as many of the reviewers on this site who have gushed superlatives about this movie in 1000 words or less, but my short review will suffice for me to get across my opinion.

If you have not already seen this movie after 9 years you have really missed out on one of the entertainment experiences of life that you could have very cheaply experienced by now.

You owe it to yourself to get a copy of this somehow and see it.

One of the easiest movies to rate 10 out of 10.

Excellent feel good movie, 16 May 2017

As soon as I saw the poster for this one, I knew I was going to like it.

I am a bit of a sucker for a feel good sport movie, especially when they are based on true events like this one is.

You can not go wrong with Jon Voight and William Fichtner as far as I am concerned, they very rarely do a bad movie and they do not disappoint here. George Kosturos as Ali is excellent and Ali Afshar as his uncle Hafez hits all the right notes.

I am old enough to remember the 1980 hostage saga and Ronald Reagan being elected President, so it brings back a lot of memories.

Very much worth watching and one I will be watching again, a suggestion for some would be to have the tissues handy.

Very solid 8/10

Not Everyone's Cup of Tea, but Worth Seeing, 14 May 2017

This movie made me want to see the 2010 version of True Grit again just to experience another Hailee Steinfeld performance.

Brilliant might be too high praise, but Hailee really made this movie worth seeing. Add in a sublime performance from Woody Harrelson and you really have a movie worth seeing.

I went into see this with no real knowledge of what it was about, but being a big Woody Harrelson and Kyra Sedgwick fan, for me it was a no-brainer must see.

While this type of teenage coming of age movie has been around for a long time now, this one still entertains and holds some originality without becoming too cliché.

If for nothing else, this really is worth seeing just for the performances of Heilee Steinfeld and Woody Harrelson.

7.5/10, but rounded up to an 8 as IMDb does not allow half points.

Dead Awake (2016)
Solid with genuine fright moments, 13 May 2017

Most horror fans will have seen it all before and this one, written by Jeffry Reddick, who was part of the Final Destination series was the main reason I looked at it.

Jesse Bradford and Jocelin Donahue are very solid as Evan and Kate, the lead characters and they hold the movie together well.

That's all I am going to say about the movie, I'm not into giving the plot away and going into detail about a movie like some reviewers, you will have to check it out yourself.

Word of warning. Use careful timing if you are eating and drinking during it. I nearly wore my drink and could have choked on my food in a few scare moments that genuinely gave me a fright even though I was expecting them. Kudos to the makers, they did a good job there. Few movies make me jump the way this one did.

While I am not a huge fan of horror movies, I would recommend this one to any horror aficionado.

Weird, Outlandish and Wacky, 13 May 2017

This review is based on the whole series, not just the pilot as so many of the other reviews are.

Get past the Pilot, it is probably the worst episode of the series and it will put a lot of people off.

If you can get past the Pilot, be prepared for a weird and wacky ride, it takes a bit of watching, but each episode is less than 30 minutes and I think it was worth it.

The important characters, and there is more than one or three like the inaccurate plot points out, are reasonably well fleshed out and each has a story.

Let me just say this is not a story about a man and a woman falling in love with the same man and leave it there. Work it out for yourself.

There is lots of full frontal nudity, both male and female, but it is not over the top in my opinion and fits with the story.

Some would say the series is very artsy, but I found it not so. It was just a story about people.

I liked it and recommend it.

Waterworld (1995)
One of those Movies, 11 May 2017

This is one of those movies you will either love with a passion or do the opposite and hate with a passion, there is not much in between.

If you are a Kevin Costner fan, which admittedly I am, you will love it. The addition of Dennis Hopper doing his thing just adds to the fun of the movie, and it is fun if you keep and open mind.

There is lots of blood and guts, action, explosions and gun fire, but it is fun as well with many laugh out loud moments.

This is a movie I have been able to watch over and over, it just does that for me and the list of movies that do that for me is not overly long.

From what I have read, this was a critical failure, well that can be said for a lot of movies crapped on by critics. It does't mean it is a bad movie.

One of my rules I have adopted is, if it is a critical failure it will in all probability be something worth watching.

7/10 for me, easy to give it higher, but 7 will do.

Passengers (2016/I)
Definitely Worth Seeing, 10 May 2017

I think it take really good actors to be able to carry a movie as basically the only people in it. Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence do just that...really well.

This might have been billed as a Sci-Fi as other reviewers have stated, but it is definitely romance, adventure and drama, with a little suspense thrown in.

I saw this without reading any reviews and loved it straight away, so much so that I watched it again within a few days. It is one of those movies that can be watched over and over without becoming boring.

When I read some of the critics reviews after watching it, I really thought they had the wrong movie.

My recommendation is if you like romance movies you will like this one, it is that simple.

8/10 for me and it could easily score higher, but I am being conservative.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]