nowego

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Feel good fun on so many levels, but not for everyone., 22 August 2014

Deciding to watch this was totally based on the IMDb reviews so I wasn't sure what to expect. Happily after watching this twice in a few days I can say it really hit the spot.

Not being a huge fan of any of the leads and not having seen anything of Ed Helms prior I was not expecting anything brilliant here, but I really enjoyed this both times watching. I would regard this as a feel good comedy rather than a straight out comedy. Some of the humour would not be appreciated by everyone and will probably be regarded as quite silly, but I think it suited the movie.

John C. Reilly's movies can be a bit hit and miss, as his humour tends toward toilet humour in many cases and if you are not into that it can be a bit of a turn off. While some of the humour is a bit lowbrow, if you can get over that you will enjoy this movie.

I gave it a 7 out of 10 and will be watching it again.

Neighbors (2014/I)
Not the best, but not the worst either, 13 August 2014

Seth Rogen in my experience can be a bit hit and miss, this one is unfortunately a miss for me. While not totally over the top bad it is not a movie you would want to pay money to see. Refund please Hollywood.

Not sure if even teenagers would find this funny. Admittedly there are some funny parts but nothing you would laugh whole heartedly at.

I found the airbag part just ridiculous and plain dangerous, in real life that would have been a Police investigation and arrests involved.

I didn't find the nudity and sex over the top, but it wasn't all required viewing and could have easily been left out and the movie would still have sucked.

I am being nice by giving this a 5/10.

Tough Love (2002) (TV)
Gritty UK Police Drama, 10 August 2014

You probably need to one, like UK drama and two, like Police shows to watch this, although if you are a Ray Winstone fan it would also suit you. This is a typical UK Police drama that fans of the genre have come to love and personally it does not disappoint.

Ray Winstone character Lenny Milton is a "lowly" DC who is known for being a very straight cop, unlike most of his colleagues who have been corrupted in one way or another. His best friend DCI Mike Love, who is also his boss is being investigated for corruption and Lenny is persuaded to lend a helping hand obtaining evidence. His colleagues suspect he has been "turned" and target him to get him kicked out of the force or put away. This is where it gets quite nasty.

I would compare this to the more recent Luther, although not quite as good. Easily a 7 out of 10.

Top Notch, 24 May 2014

This was not a show that I expected to be blown away with, although I am a long term fan of Sarah Lancashire, and with Sally Wainwright involved I should have expected it to be good.

This is beyond good, if you don't get hooked and wanting more after the first episode you probably should not be watching.

There are so many good things to say about this show that I run out of words, but one word that sums up how I feel is gob-smacked.

Having watched 4 out of the 6 episodes so far, I have to say that it has been quite a while since I wished that the days would speed by so I can get my mitts on the next episode.

Very Enjoyable, 22 April 2014

For me it was not a surprise that I liked this right from the beginning. I was looking for films with Vera Farmiga and Taissa Farmiga after I got a surprise that they were sisters. When I found out Andy Garcia as in it as well there was no option but to find it and watch it.

Unsurprising and happily I was not disappointed. Right from the start it hit the spot for some reason. Some might say it was a bit unrealistic, but for me it was just fun. It might be the romantic in me. It is noticeable that all the actors had a good time making this film and it was not surprising when I read that this was filmed over a very short time. The chemistry between Andy Garcia and Vera Farmiga was pretty close to perfect.

Watch it if you get a chance you wont be disappointed.

Not sure if I saw same movie as some of the Reviewers, 10 April 2014

Before I even went near this movie I read all the reviews and saw the rating so I started off with very low expectations, because the reviewers on IMBT are never wrong, right? LOL what a joke.

This turned out to be quite an enjoyable movie, nothing special, but not too shabby either. Most of the cast put in a good effort and it was good to see all the familiar faces (UK TV fan here).

While the some of the fighting near the end could have been done with improved choreography, for me it didn't really detract from the overall movie.

If you are going to see this don't expect too much, if you are looking for an over the top Hollywood blockbuster, give it a miss, you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a semi realistic 90 minutes of entertainment watch it.

Overlook the rating, this is better than a 4/10 movie. I gave it a 10 to counteract all the undeserving 1s. It deserves at least a 6/10.

Still as good now as it was then, 5 April 2014

Based on the novel by R.A Dick and the 1947 Rex Harrison/Gene Tierny film, This series is a fun mix of comedy and romance with the two main stars having great chemistry which really makes the show. The children can be a bit tiresome and tend to speak a bit too loud at times, but they still do a good job.

The lead characters of Mrs Muir and the Captain are played by Hope Lange and Edward Mulhare. Both of whom are now deceased.

Initially the show follows the plot of the film with young widow Carolyn Muir moving to a cottage by the sea with her two young children (she only had one child in the movie) and maid/cook Martha. Like the movie everything seems perfect until she discovers the house is haunted by former owner Captain Gregg. Only Carolyn, her son and a relative of the Captain's, Claymore Gregg can see or hear him. This leads to many funny moments, most of them at the expense of Claymore or townsfolk who the Captain sees as doing wrong by Mrs Muir or others.

If you've seen the film this is one show you should not miss. Even if you haven't seen the movie you will still love this show.

The first time I saw this was a young kid back in the 70's, I loved with it then and still love it now. This and My Favorite Martian used to play back to back prior to the News every night on the ABC. It was a show we never missed unless the reception was too bad to watch it.

Very recently it came out on DVD which was a very happy day for me. I marathoned both seasons straight through after obtaining the DVDs.

While there are a few episodes that can be a little boring or over the top, on a whole the show is still as good today as it was from what I remember of it in the 70's.

My favourite character was Mrs Muir, very closely followed by the Captain and Clamore Gregg.

Appropriately Titled, 3 April 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect from this little unknown film, but after a slow start in which I nearly turned it off, it turned into quite a decent movie.

The story revolves around Anna, who, on a day when she loses her job as a cosmetics saleswoman and witnesses an armed robbery gone wrong, decides to walk away from her life.

Hen pecked by her sister and sick mother, it is obvious that Anna does not like her life, bored with her marriage, hating her job, and leading a false life full of false smiles and fake compliments as part of the her job.

On her journey she meets Travis and they run away to adventure. Anna finds herself and benefits from the short alliance with Travis. In the end though Anna has to wake up and find that she has not left her problems behind and must eventually return to face them.

Julianna Margulies as the Good Wife is simply sublime, 10 March 2014

Being Australian, usually the only way we can really keep up to date with any good show is via the internet, while The Good Wife does get shown on TV here, like many shows we often have it aired at times that can be inappropriate and if you try to record it for later viewing you can be assured the channel will have screwed around with the timetable so much you will have either missed the start or the end.

Having said all that I have been following The Good Wife from day one and so far I have not been disappointed by a single episode.

The first time I ever saw Julianna Margulies, it was in the show ER and I have been a fan ever since. In The Good Wife she leads a stellar cast and the acting and writing is simply brilliant week in week out, though like every show there are episodes that may not be to everyone's liking.

The Good Wife is a show about the legal profession and the people that make up that profession and how it affects their daily lives. I will have to say that I have been a fan of lawyer shows for some time and Boston Legal is way up there as one of my favourites. The Good Wife is a much better show than Boston Legal in my opinion.

One line in the show that simply sticks in my mind is in Season 5 by Alysia's son Zack says to his mum "Sometimes I think of you as Mum and other times, just as this interesting person who lives in our house." The Good Wife is simply superb. Julianna Margulies as the Good Wife is simply sublime.

Simply Brilliant, 4 March 2014

Personally I absolutely love detective shows, I grew up on them you might say, and British TV was basically all I got while growing up. We have been spoiled by all the really good detective shows from the UK, although the US shows are right up there with the best now.

Death in Paradise is destined for greatness in my opinion as well. The first two seasons were nothing short of brilliant. Ben Miller is just superb in the roll of DI Richard Poole and is well backed up by the characters played by Danny John-Jules, Sara Martins and Gary Carr. You also can not leave out the Commissioner played by Don Warrington.

DI Richard Poole gets transplanted overnight from his cushy surrounding in London to the bright sunshine and heat of small French Caribbean island, St. Marie. Something he does with much reluctance.

The show is extremely funny and will have you laughing out loud at some of the antics the characters get up to, in particular DI Poole and Dwayne played by Danny John-Jules. You will be addicted very quickly and if you are like me you will be hanging out for the next installment.

The writing is great and the acting is spot on. Particularly the lesser if you can call them that of Fidel and Dwayne played by Gary Carr and Danny John-Jules.

Death in Paradise is very easy to watch, set in such a great location with lots of sunshine and heat it is not your usual crime drama, and this is what sets it apart. With the quirkiness of the Caribbean police force combined superb acting from Ben Miller in the first 2 seasons and Kris Marshall in the 3rd season this show is one you should not miss.

The thrill of the chase as the team track down evidence is made even funnier by the use of great locations and very basic Police buildings and vehicles that you will not be used to seeing in most Police shows.

Do not miss this show. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]