Macheeste

Hoodlum (1997)
If you like Ol'G thirties style in color...Hoodlum is it!, 11 August 2003

Hoodlum.....what can I say, if you had cool Grandparents that grew up in Harlem in the 1930's who liked to party, dress and play numbers then maybe you'd of heard some of the stories about the going ons in Harlem U.S.A. during that period. Numbers were literally the Black mans lottery back then and communication between runner and player no matter how small the amount played was the lug that connected dreams with hope for the little guy; Hoodlum is a story about the preservation of those hopes and dreams by a one Bumpy Johnson. The music, wardrobe and cinematography is superb, I highly recommend this tale of Harlem history.

Macheeste~

Tombstone (1993)
A movie where every role is signifigant...a masterpiece., 3 August 2003

I propose that even people that do not like westerns will love Tombstone; It is a movie about history, it is a strong love story, a western gangster movie and a movie about a true friendship that will not be broken 'TILL THE DEATH'......I keep this movie in my D.V.D. player and wore out two video tapes before that. This is a MUST HAVE for western lovers and a JUST GET IT for movie fans...VAL KILMER was robbed!!!!!

I consider myself a strong movie critic and it would be unfair to say that I have heard a more powerful closing to a movie delivered by Jeff Bridges in 'The Contender';Powerful,Moving,Ethically Explosive !, 26 February 2002

Joan Allen and Jeff Bridges add the icing to this masterpiece whose total ingriedients bake up some of the best performances the players have ever delivered in all of their careers.In an almost perfect closing speech Jeff Bridges and the writer reach deep into my soul and touch the very core of my ethical beliefs and stir them up.I was on an emotional rollercoaster.......GREAT WORK.....thankyou Dreamworks!!!!

Macheeste