Poke504

Not my favorite movie, but definitely a great one, 6 June 2009

It's about time! The longest running animated show finally became a film. And if you were like me and anticipated it extremely, you'll feel let down. But just a little, for in my opinion it is more than just a long Simpsons episode. It has many memorable, funny aspects that only a movie could have. The main reason why I saw this is because I was curious at how they would turn this series into a movie, and I do not think that it could have been done better. Being as big of a Simpsons fan as I am, this is the movie that was worth waiting for. Without even having too much swearing, this is a film you will respect for being as good as it was without having too much innuendo. Joke-after-joke, they managed to make it a great movie along with being a feast of laughter.

It proves why Pokemon should not be rated "G", 8 March 2009

This is it, the one we've all been waiting for. Everyone shook with anticipation to see the first Pokemon movie, and here is what I thought: Really good. I really liked it. And definitely worthy of a PG rating. I grew up with Pokemon, so it was natural for me to love the movie (though I can point out when one is bad). One thing that may mislead you is the fact that it was giving a G rating. Unlike the show (most of the time), this movie deals with the topic of death in many ways. Confirmed that scientists in the one of the early scenes were killed, this proves that Pokemon is not for little kids. It's got morals, action, and everything you could want. Seeing as Pokemon has a number of haters, I recommend watching the movie yourself and make that descision. I, being as big of a Pokemon fan as I am, would show this movie to anyone ready for a good anime.

Underrated and awesome, 29 November 2008

Pokemon Heroes is fun. It's action packed, full of suspense, and everything a Pokemon fan like myself could want. Some may tell you different, Pokemon is known for being hated on for things every movie has. It may be short, but it will leave you entertained. My fourth favorite out of all of them, watch it yourself without a negative output, as most people who watch this movie do. Another example of why Pokemon is not for little kids, this movie will be entertaining to any fan of the show and people who don't watch the show might like it as well. Probably the most underrated out of all the films, give it a chance and you will find some soft-spot for it. Fans love it, others give it a try and you might like it for yourself.

A huge fan of the book gives his opinion, 11 July 2009

I read this book years ago for a school assignment, and it become my favorite. The plot is simple, an underground city where people were sent to be saved from the end of the world and two children find the directions out. Doesn't that sound like a good plot for a NOVEL? Which brings me to my opinion of the anticipated (for me) film adaptation of my favorite book of the year. Being as it is a movie based on the book, there will always be somethings changed. But this one stayed pretty close . . . as I could point out the three or four alterations while viewing the film. I had hoped for this to become a movie for a long time, and I say to you do not listen to the low box office. It is a good film, thought predictable and screams out "There's a novel better than this!" throughout the whole film. For a fan of the novel, it's good.

Cheesy, corny, a film a KID will like, 6 June 2009

Super Mario Bros. was one of the first games I'd ever played, and when I heard there was a movie I nearly went crazy. I looked every time I stumbled upon a BlockBuster store, and there it was. The Mario movie, waiting there for me. Two hours later, I was amazed. Luckily I was just a child, for now I look back and realize what a bad movie it really was. No Bowser , no princess Toadstool, no guy with a mushroom on his head, and no budget. It surprised me that it had such a low gross, but now I am not. Mario Mario and Luigi Mario, two plumbers sent to another dimension to stop a guy named "King Koopa" who ended up being nothing like the games. Quite off from them, a Mario fan will love it and the rest of us will hate.

A 21st century classic, 17 June 2009

Out of all of the movies I've seen and reviewed, this is one of the most hilarious ones I have. It's full of just the random humor I have grown up with, and will be funny for anyone who laughs at just about anything. It's low-budget, mellow, and filled with sudden cracks that will make your cheeks hurt. Like many other comedy films, it doesn't make much sense but this one doesn't really need to. I recommend this to ones that have been told to have a "special" sense of humor, others will likely not enjoy this film nearly as much as me. Don't watch it you are serious, enjoying movies more action or dramas. For Napoleon Dynamite is the most silly, random movie I've ever seen.

Santa Clause 3: The Downhill Spiral, 16 June 2009

When I was a child, I was lucky enough to have my father show me the hilarious family movie "Santa Clause". So naturally, when the new one came out I just had to see it. Seeing as the second one wasn't THAT bad, I figured this one would be okay. Well, I was wrong. Santa Clause 3 not only turns the series into a little-kid Christmas tale movie, but shows how unafraid Tim Allen is of ruining his reputation for money. Not very cute, not very funny, and not very fun for anyone but your three year-old. I only pray that Martin Short and the rest of the brilliant actors can get their careers back in order after this film. I recommend this film for no one and hope that your kid doesn't beg you to rent it.

Madagascar (2005)
I like to milk it, milk it, 16 June 2009

Madagascar, another attempt to top Pixar in any way that is possible. And out of all the mediocre animated comedies Dreamworks has handed us...this is the one with the most potential. Aside from the first two "Shrek" movies (which actually succeeded in this), Madagascar is the one that didn't quite make it but had the most potential too. Good storyline, lovable characters, good animation, but containing the flaws that other animated films by the company has. Unlike the trailers tell you (explaning the wonder half a million dollar box office world-wide), this film takes a turn for not the better when the last fifty minutes milks the "Move it, Move it" tune and carries out the rest of the film using that. But all in all, it is cute movie and worthy of a spot on your shelf.

Sick, tastleess, raunchy, and likable, 16 June 2009

If it weren't for the hilarious team of Heder and Will Ferrell, this movie would not have much of a point. But thankfully, we have them...and we are entertained and joyed at their attempt at comedy. I recall seeing this back in 07 with my mother, and her angered at a tasteless reference...while I simply watched laughing at the silly ice skate movie. If you are not a fan of movies that attempt so much laughs that they are stupid, do not watch it. But if you want something that has nothing but constant laughs and doesn't hold back at all to stay family oriented...then you will enjoy this for sure. But something that deserves notice: Do not watch this with a date, parents, siblings, family members, or anyone else that you have a reputation with. And parents, this is not something that will refrain from giving your children many questions. All in all, a funny, raunchy, friend-oriented movie.

A step down from the original trilogy, but enough to keep a Pokemon fan happy, 8 June 2009

The fourth installment in the Pokemon film series is quite a different one. With more of a time travel feel to it, this movie will entertain most fans of the show at it's use of this phenomenon. Attempting to show to use more of a moral about friendship this film does...and that is quite a little overdone. It should be noted that time paradoxes were very much avoided, and they ought to be commended for that. Still, it contained a little too much childishness for comfort, being not an example that Pokemon isn't just for kids. If you,like my father, are watching it for the sake of your child's happiness...don't worry. You'll be entertained somewhat and will not sit through as long of a film as the other three. Still not nearly the best they can do, your family Pokemon fan will like it.