brad_the_metalhead

Evil Dead (2013)
A big let down., 12 April 2013

I went into this movie with high expectations. I was very excited when I seen the trailer, I actually thought that it was going to be scarier than the original. I have to say it is nowhere near as scary as the original, and it is definitely not "The Most Terrifying Film You Will Ever Experience." Another reason why I was so disappointed, the "Where Gunna Get you" song is not featured in the film.

The only thing that I actually liked is the acting. The actors in this film are actually very talented and have a lot of potential. They are very convincing in certain sequences in the film.

Despite the fact that the movie was awful I also have to say that the make-up effects were awesome I liked how they used practical make-up effects rather than CGI.

The only good elements that the movie has is good acting and good make-up. Other than that it is kind of boring, and not at all scary, so don't waste you time getting excited because it is only going to let you down.

Mind-blowing, 31 July 2012

I have to say I am very pleased with The Dark Knight Rises. Christopher Nolan really pulled off another great film. The plot is brilliant, the cast of actors are very talented and convincing.

The plot takes place eight years after the previous film, where the citizens of Gotham consider Batman the enemy. But when a new ruthless villain by the name of Bane terrorizes the city and Batman is forced to rise again, and Batman really meets his match in this film because Bane is an absolute monster with lightening fast speed and power. The plot is also packed with action and mind-blowing special effects that will leave you with a smile on your face.

The actors are also mind-blowing. Tom Hardy did a fantastic job at playing Bane. His character is very ominous and even scary at times. Without a doubt Bane has to be my favourite villain yet because Christopher Nolan really made him realistic, it actually felt like Bane just could be a modern day terrorist. Another actor that did a phenomenal job is Michael Cain. I always love watching that guy act, he has so much talent and there is always something soothing about him when I see him act, he always puts on a fantastic performance. And Anne Hathaway who plays Selena Kyle and Catwoman really pulled off a great Catwoman, her character was very entertaining to watch. And Christian Bale once again does not disappoint with his portrayal of Batman and Bruce Wayne.

The only reason why I didn't give this film the full 10 stars is because Batman didn't have as much screen time as he should have, there is like a big 45 minute gap where Batman is not in it. The film is brilliant don't get me wrong, but there was a few times during the movie where it didn't feel like a Batman movie. But don't worry it makes up for it in the climax. But still Batman should have had more screen time.

This film is an absolute must-see. It has stunning, mind-blowing action with great actors and a phenomenal plot. And yes the movie is almost 3 hours but you really don't even notice because the plot and the action just sucks you in. Don't miss out on this movie, it is absolutely phenomenal

Ted (2012)
Hilarious!, 14 July 2012

This film is absolutely gut-busting funny, even though it has its emotional and sad moments, it is always broken with the comedy.

Seth MacFarlane did a fantastic job with this film. He really proved that not only can he make hilarious adult cartoons, but also make very funny movies that actually have a good message to it.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people went into this movie thinking that it would only be filled with sexual and inappropriate jokes(Which it does have a lot of), but the film actually has a very good message. It shows you how complicated life can be at times, and how hard it can be when your in a relationship. Also it shows you how sometimes friends can hold you back from moving on with your life, and that everyone needs to grow up and not act immature all the time.

Even though it has a good message, the movie is extremely funny. I came out of the theatre saying: "finally a comedy that is actually funny" i'm not going to give away any of the scenes because I really don't want to spoil it. This film really does not disappoint. But if you are easily offended I wouldn't watch this movie, because there are a few jokes in this film that may offend people. But if you have a great sense of humour you won't take it to heart.

The film is also narrated by Patrick Stewart, and I must say he did a good job. He has a great narration voice, and even the narration is hilarious because Patrick Steward even says funny things that will have you in knots laughing.

I can't express enough how funny this movie is. All I can say is go see this movie, you will not be disappointed this film will actually make you laugh.

Prometheus (2012/I)
Incredible!, 27 June 2012

I can't express enough how incredible this film is. The special effects are top notch, the acting is phenomenal, the story is extremely creative, it has its suspenseful moments, and it is absolutely beautiful to look at.

The story shows a great level of creativity, it is Ridley Scott at his best. The film is about a group of scientists going to an alien planet on a quest to find out about the creation of man. I personally loved that idea, and while you are watching the film it actually makes you think how we were engineered. It really puts your mind to work, and pretty much any movie that can do that is a great film in my eyes.

Another element that makes this movie so amazing is the special effects. The effects in this movie are very well done, this movie shows that there should be no excuses for bad special effects in movies anymore. Another reason why the effects make the film work is because the movie is so beautiful to look at, the scenery in this film is fantastic, especially during the opening scene. I could not help but say: "Wow, that is absolutely beautiful." Trust me the special effects in this film will not disappoint. Especially during the scene where a storm roles in on the planet that they are on, the storm is really wild to look at and it keeps your eyes glued to the screen.

Also, the acting in this film is at its best. Noomi Rapace really proved herself in this film. She did a phenomenal performance, I think she is an incredible actress, she has so much talent and always puts on an entertaining performance. Also, Charlize Theron almost plays a villain, not really a villain but almost like a very mean boss. I personally loved that idea and she really pulled it off. I could go on all day about all the other actors in the film, but its better if you just watch the movie, because the acting is phenomenal.

This film is also very intense. There are a few moments where you might catch yourself clenching your fist with your heart pounding. It happened to me. The sequences where they come in contact with the alien species is very intense and wild. Some of the creatures are kind of frightening and very cool to look at. I'm not going to go into two much details about the creatures because I don't want to spoil anything, but all I can say is that you won't be disappointed.

I don't know how anyone can hate this film, it is by far the greatest movie I have seen in years. Do not listen to the negativity about this film, this is a must see. Don't miss out, this film really delivers.

Gothika (2003)
Bizare, Jumpy, and Scary, 20 June 2012

After viewing this film I couldn't have been more impressed. It has all the elements of a great horror film. It has lots of jumpy scenes, lots of bizarre imagery and it even has a little bit of gore. When I checked the ratings for this movie I was completely disgusted. I honestly don't know why people hated it so much, its a great supernatural horror film with great actors.

The film follows a doctor played by Halle Berry, who works at a mental hospital. When she encounters a women and she touches her face and she wakes up in the hospital where she works. But she is a patient because she is accused of killing her husband.

This film really freaked me out. There are many bizarre images, its one of those movies that left a strange feeling in my stomach when the movie was over. The shower scene is the best example for this imagery, this is the scene when Halle Berry's character hallucinates in the shower and they show you what she is seeing, and what she is hearing, this scene puts up through her point of view and how she is feeling, which is brilliant because it really puts you in the state of mind that she is in and really creeps you out.

Also, if you love supernatural horror films like I do, the jump scenes in this film are absolutely phenomenal. There is one particular scene that I loved and that is one of the scenes when Halle Berry's character is locked up in her cell during the night and she bends over and the ghost women is standing behind her. what I loved about that was that there was no loud music to make you jump it was dead silent and I still almost jumped off the couch.

Another element that makes this a great horror film if the acting. The fact that they got talented actors is a bonus because everything in this film actually seems convincing because the actors are phenomenal, Halle Berry for example, she is a very talented actress, she can pull off pretty much any role she wants. Also, how can you not love Robert Downy Jr, I love watching that guy act, he is loaded with talent and i'm a big fan of his work.

This film ranks high on my list of movies, I highly recommend this film. It has all the elements that make a great horror film, also the actors in this film is fantastic. Don't listen to the negativity, this film is brilliant.

The best Slaser film ever!!, 12 June 2012

The fact that there was so many negative ratings and reviews for this movie angered me. I never usually get mad with reviews because everyone has an opinion on what they think. But with this film, I can't help but think they must have been watching another movie, because this is by far the best Slasher film i've ever seen.

This film has great character development. You really get to know the characters before anyone in the film is killed, which is good for a Slasher film, because with a slasher film there is always characters that you want to live and die. Also with the killer that is played by Kane, was also developed very good as well. We don't know much about him when in the beginning, but as the film proceeds, there are flashbacks of his childhood that show why he is a bloodthirsty maniac.

Another thing that I really loved about this film is that its actually realistic. Most slasher films you can tell are fake, because in most slasher films the killer is usually skinny with super human strength that no human being can do. With this film there is no guy going around in a mask or hunting you down in your dreams. Its a giant guy that looks incredibly scary and kills people in very brutal gruesome ways, that it actually made it look like it could actually happen. Now don't don't get me wrong I love all the Friday the 13th and nightmare movies except for the remakes, but this film really made them look like puppy dogs.

The violence in this film is absolutely brutal and super gruesome, which is another reason why this is a great slasher film, because you can't have a slasher film without the gore. There are some scenes in this film that actually made me cringe. I don't usually cringe watching slasher films, but this one really did the job. Especially with all the eye gouging, broken bones and giant fishhooks being thrown, I was very impressed. And some of the killings in this movie actually make you go WAOH!! especially in the opening scene, trust me you will be impressed, I know I was.

The film is also very beautifully shot. The lighting is phenomenal, its not too dark and not to bright. Also I loved when they would show the killers point of view at times, because he has impaired vision because of a gunshot wound in his head, so they show how he views the world, I personally loved that idea.

Although the movie got a 10 out 10 for me I wasn't very fussy on the acting(Except for Kane of course). The acting isn't the greatest. But it really don't matter because it is such a good slasher film. Kane did a great job at portraying a serial killer. He was perfectly fit for this role because he is scary even when he is not on screen.

Honestly I don't know why people hated this movie so much. It's realistic, suspenseful and gory. I highly recommend this film, especially to all the slasher movie fans like myself to view this film.

Good and Gory, 8 June 2012

I have been wanting to see this for a long time. Two days before I actually watched the movie I found out that it was based on the short story by Clive Barker. Once I heard that I had to see it as soon as possible, I have not read the short story yet, but I will in the near future. After viewing the film I was very happy with the story line, suspense and the gore. But at the same time there was a few things that I was disappointed with.

The film has a great story line it follows a photographer played by Bradley Cooper who is taking pictures around New York and eventually comes across a man named Mahogony played by Vinnie Jones who he suspects is the subway train butcher, and finds out that he is right and tries to stop him.

What I really liked was that during a few occasions when Mahogony is killing someone, it is shown through the victims point of view, that kind of made my heart pound because you can almost feel what the person is feeling. Even though some of the killings are really brutal and gory, I was really disappointed at a few points because a lot of the blood that was used in the film was CGI and you can tell that some of the killings were fake, but at the same time there were a lot of killings that looked realistic and really grossed me out.

Another thing that I really loved was that Vinnie Jones did a fantastic acting job in this film, even though he had no dialogue, he really proved that you don't need to say big long monologues to pull off a good acting job.

In my opinion this film is good but not great, I think there could have been a few things that could have made it a lot better, i'm not going to go into the plot to much because you really need to sit down and watch it. It's one of those movies that you either like it or you don't, but its worth to sit down and watch, especially if you love movies with lots of gore.

Idle Hands (1999)
Funny and Gory, 8 June 2012

When I first seen this film I was very young and never really understood it because I was just a kid. But I still loved it because I still found it funny, now that I am an adult an fully understand it, I love it even more.

The film follows a young, lazy stoner guy played by Devon Sawa, whose hand ends up getting possessed and goes on a killing spree. The fact that the guys hand gets possessed just cracks me up, like the stuff that he does had me in knots laughing, like when he grabs his cat by the tail and starts spinning it around and trows it out the window, that particular scene had me almost falling off the couch.

The film also has its scary moments too, it has a fair bit of gore, but it always finds a way to be funny, this film really knows how to balance the horror and the comedy, and the comedy always breaks the tension when it gets suspenseful, especially during the final scenes when Jessica Alba's character is about to get crushed by a car, and when you at the edge of you seat, you start to crack up laughing because when they are suppose to be saving her they stop to take a hit out of a bong.

This film is a great horror comedy with lots of laughs and gore, I highly recommend this movie, if you want to be grossed out and busting a gut laughing at the same time.

Not for the faint of heart., 2 June 2012

I really liked this movie, but it is by far the most disturbing movie I have ever seen, this film is not for anyone with a weak stomach, but the acting in this film is phenomenal and very realistic which is another reason why this movie is so disturbing.

The film starts off with a sweet and beautiful woman going to an isolated cabin to write a novel when these sick and twisted guys come in and brutally rape and torment her and leave her for dead, but she does not die and starts killing and torturing the men.

This film is so realistic that it is extremely hard to watch, the rape scenes really shook me up, it felt like I was there and there was nothing I could do to help her, its that realistic, Sarah Butler did a brilliant acting job she is super talented and I can tell after viewing this film that she must have gone through hell while making this movie.

After she is brutally raped and beaten, the once beautiful and sweet woman turns into a savage killing machine, inflamed with rage and revenge. Once she starts killing and torturing the men that did terrible things to her you start to cheer for her because what she does to these guys is extremely brutal, and while you watching her do these things even though at times you might want to look away you can't help but say they deserved it.

Also, the sick twisted men in this film also did a great acting job, they were very convincing when they were acting sick, sadistic and disturbed, and while they were being tortured by Sarah Butler's character they did a great job at acting like they were in pain and pleading for their lives they really pulled off a good acting job.

This is a good film with very talented actors, however I don't recommend anyone with a weak stomach to watch this.

Wow!, 1 June 2012

After a long time of waiting to see this movie, that time finally came to an end today, and I must say I am quiet impressed by what I saw, this film is creepy, twisted, and brilliant.

The film is quiet creepy, like there are scenes in this movie that will really flip you out at times, it is very well done considering CGI wasn't used a lot in this time era. Although I must say I was expecting a lot more out of it, it wasn't as scary as I was expecting it to be but at the same time it still found a way to creep me out, Tim Robbins put on a Phenomenal acting Job, you can almost feel what he is going through.

The images of the demons that are seen in this movie is absolutely wild, the way that they are portrayed in this film is like a seizure, because a lot of the demons that are shown have fast head movements and in one particular scene there is the use of strobe lights when some of the demons are visible and I don't recommend anyone with epilepsy to view that scene.

The atmosphere of this film is dark and depressing which is another trait that makes this movie so fantastic because you can almost feel the way Jacob(Tim Robbins) is feeling. Its also one of those movies that really confuses you at times but in the end it all comes together.

This film is not for everyone but it ranks high on my movie list.