A stinker, 14 December 2006

There's a character in this flick called Mr.Buttman, and it's not even a joke. With the exception of the two leads the rest of the movie is though. Every cliché is in there from the Chief cop who screams until his eyes are bulging at the 'whacky' antics of his charges to the convenient "I used to be in the bomb squad" BS at the end. The bad guy is the worst actor you'll ever see (apart from in the cast of Fear Of Clowns, obviously), the movie is overlong and the constant switching between languages is just plain stupid. This might be a good movie by Canadian standards but that's like saying 'Bomb The Bass' were a good band by Swedish standards. I think we will see more of the leads but my advice is to wait until then. This really isn't worth the time invested in watching, never mind shooting this stinkeroo. 2/10

Errrr.....that's a tough one, 15 May 2006

This movie contains some great cinematography and lighting. But that's it. As far as plot and flow are concerned I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that someone dropped a ton of three minute clips on the floor of the editing suite and then just piled them randomly into a playlist. In fact if you wanted to make your own 'director's cut' you could do just that. Chop the flick into three-minute clips and then watch them back on Windows Media Player set on random. It won't make the slightest difference to your 'enjoyment' of this film and there has to be a good chance that it would improve it. If I hadn't seen the 'Spooked' documentary last night I wouldn't have had even the faintest idea what was going on. The documentary helped me understand not because it was an interesting and educational piece of work (a collection of interviews with members of some band and a couple of bimbos) but because it contained interview footage of the pair of imbeciles who made this. Two ageing wannabe Bon Jovi support act members talking stultifying drivel. Hilarious stuff.

Shot on location at Waverly Hills Sanitorium, the story goes that they didn't pay the owners for the use of the building. Whilst I feel sorry for the guys they ripped off it might end up being a saving grace for cinema if it puts anyone off funding these buffoons in future.

Within ten minutes of the opening credits they are paying clunky homage to every horror movie that has been shot in the last 50 years. I'm not joking. See if you can spot Ringu, White Noise, Nosferatu, Carrie, and Saw. The half-naked women might keep some younger people interested for ten minutes but, seriously guys, stick to playing air-guitar and never, ever go near a digicam again.

Fear of Clowns (2004) (V)
The most laughable POS in history?, 10 March 2006

Have you ever seen the director of a movie insult the viewers on IMDb for voicing their opinion? Well, this might be a first folks. This absolute, unredeemable piece of trash is by far the worst film you will ever see, period. A seemingly sweeping statement maybe, but if you're unfortunate enough to have seen this you will know what I'm talking about. Sadly the director and a handful of other wannabes have resorted to insulting their audience's opinions on the message board for this flick. The whole idea of these message boards is for movie fans/buffs to have their voice heard and to either recommend a film if they enjoyed it, or warn others off if they didn't. This movie, make no mistake, is amongst the worst films ever made. Truly laughable acting, awful script, stultifyingly stupid plot and an ending straight out of a retarded 9 year old's imagination. The mind boggles as to how this person got the 50 or 60 dollars budget this film appears to have had spent on it. Don't take my word for it. Watch the first five minutes and you will be rolling about on the floor laughing. Then, please oh please come back and let the director know that he is in the wrong business and plead with him never to make another. Ever. His buddies who are also insulting the movie-going public on these threads have nailed their colours to the wrong mast. This movie is honestly very possibly the worst film of all time. Seriously. 1/10