musica1

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

An enjoyable movie! Dark and brooding, but with its funny moments., 19 February 2007

I was really pleasantly surprised at this movie. I thought it would just be a light Saturday diversion, but it was very well done. The dark tone of the movie was offset by those little moments of humor at which Nicolas Cage excels.

Every performance in Ghost Rider was dead on. Nobody over-dramatized like they were doing Shakespeare, but they all brought the right tone of realism which you need in a movie of this type.

The special effects are absolutely first rate. We've all seen the blazing motorcycle in the trailers, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. I don't want to give any spoilers, but there are scenes where the special effects will give you chills.

Ghost Rider comes by its PG-13 rating honestly, so don't take little children to see it. There are scenes which could definitely give nightmares to your little ones.

But any of you 13 or over, run out and see this one for a great, fun movie experience!

Eragon (2006)
This movie is good as far as it goes, 4 January 2007

I really enjoyed this movie as far as it goes. I haven't read the book(s), but I had the distinct impression that they were skipping and hopping through the story. It's only 1 hour and 39 minutes, so why didn't they flesh it out? Oh, well, maybe in the next movie. But even with it being a bare bones story, it's worth seeing. I loved the dragon. She was beautiful, and Rachel Weis did an excellent job on her voice. You really fall in love with her. And I thought the actor playing Eragon was sweet and had an endearing innocence. Jeremy Irons is always worth watching, and this movie is no exception. All in all, it was a pleasant but short afternoon at the theater.

Great summer fun! Everything I hoped for!, 8 July 2006

I will make my comments without spoilers so that people who haven't yet seen the movie can read it.

One of the worst things that can happen in a sequel to a successful movie is that audiences will feel like they're seeing the same movie again with slight variations on the theme. Dead Man's Chest gives us all the characters we loved in the first movie, but puts them in a refreshingly original movie. The action sequences will keep you on the edge of your seat. And there are more laugh-out-loud moments in this movie than in most comedies. I felt entertained from the beginning right through to the special scene after the closing credits. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I and my entire family will be going to see it again today.

For parents with young children: This movie is more violent than the first movie. There is a lot of killing, though none of it is shown close up or in a grisly manner. Davey Jones and his gang are very gross. In the screening I attended, there were a lot of "Ewwww!"s from the audience. If you have sensitive young ones, you should probably leave them at home.

Not quite as good as the first two, but still a great ride for X-Men fans, 29 May 2006

I definitely said "Wow" more in this movie than I did in the first two X-Men movies. It has a lot of unusual and spectacular scenes in it that will keep you excited throughout the movie. However, it sacrificed somewhat in the character development.

In the first two, we really came to love or hate each character. In this one, the new mutants such as Angel weren't fully developed, so we didn't come to care for them one way or another. It's a shame, too, because Ben Foster seemed to be an excellent addition to the cast. What little we saw of him made us want to know more. Also, this movie focused a little too much on Storm. She is one of the less charismatic of the mutants (sorry "Oscar- winner-Halle-Barry",) so it makes the movie feel a little dull at times. Wolverine is still exciting and Ian McKellan as Magneto is magnificent as always.

The plot of a "cure" for mutants is interesting. But mutants are killed or cured so quickly throughout that we're not given much time to care one way or another. Maybe fewer deaths and curings would have given each one more meaning.

Overall, I'd say this is a good ride for X-Men fans. I have a feeling that if you weren't already a fan of the franchise, you probably wouldn't enjoy it as much.

This movie is more fun than any movie in years!!, 26 July 2003

Pirates of the Caribbean is perfect! It is so much fun for people of all ages, genders, ethnic and racial groups! So many movies just appeal to one group, but everyone loves this one.

Johnny Depp should get an Academy Award for his hilariously charming portrayal of Jack Sparrow. And Orlando Bloom is the perfect innocent caught up in the scandalous behavior of the pirates. If you haven't seen this movie, go now.

Boring!, 26 July 2003

This movie has potential, but it has so many actors with no charisma whatsover that you never really care about them. (If Shane West had little time on screen and Stuart Townsend more, it could've made a big difference.) And the directing gives us long, slow, boring scenes that really make you want to nap instead of watch.

Skip this

The main actors were excellent, but the zombies were laughable., 16 March 2002

After seeing this movie, I had mixed emotions. The actors did a much better job than others in movies based on video games. The characters were people that you actually cared about and who seemed real enough to feel like they could be people you know. James Purefoy as Spencer was especially interesting, adding layers as the film progressed.

Unfortunately, the main plot of Resident Evil revolves around zombies. In this day and age, that shouldn't be difficult to make interesting. A little imagination on the part of the makeup and wardrobe departments and some creative directing could've made this quite exciting. Instead,

I felt that I was teleported back to the 1950's, with slow zombies walking stiff-armed and looking less scary than those in Michael Jackson's Thriller. At the screening I attended the audience actually giggled at some places in the movie which were supposed to be scary.

I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone who isn't either really bored or a big fan of the video game. And if you do go, please don't take your young children, since the blood and gore

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]