smallrage1

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Can you say the prisoner?, 18 August 2010

Can you say the prisoner? The prisoner was also released this year but the similarities are uncanny and the prisoner to others and myself was a major flop. I love international shows its great to be able to see life in different counties as I don't travel much

Don't get me wrong although there are major similarities "This is not my life" is so far well done and intriguing, its got my attention. The acting is what makes this show as the characters are believable unlike The prisoner I will continue to follow this series before I give it a rating as it would be unfair to all who read my comments if I rate it as it wouldn't be accurate after 1 episode. However I will say that the comments I read about the show are very accurate. I'll update my comments after I have viewed more because its so far got a hook in me and I'm nibbling at it

Why is TV getting worse and worse every year, 28 June 2010

What is it with the vampire bandwagon that just about every TV networks are jumping on these days? Give it up all ready I'm sick and tired of watching leeches almost every day of the week while great ORIGINAL shows like Legend of the Seeker, Happy Town and some get canceled immediately after airing 4 or 5 episodes. First came reality shows then talent shows, Prime time cartoons and now the in thing to do is Vampires Bram Stoker must be rolling around in his grave right now with all the vampire crap that's on right now.

The first comment from "it's sick" hit the nail on the head with is comments when he said bad acting. He at least watched it all, I myself changed the channel after the first bite. Heed the first writers warning stop watch so that the network can put on something ORIGINAL on. I think I'll start watching reruns of Cricket matches I might start making myself like it better than the trash that's on now

What a great thriller/mystery, 16 June 2010

This is a great thriller/mystery who done it that takes time to develop, its so good that by the 4th episode I knew right away it was just a matter of time before ABC would cancel it. Why do you ask? because it slow(giving you tiny tidbits weekly that keeps you guessing) people are too impatient these days, its also too complicated for the simple minded people who prefer romance, cartoons and reality shows where they don't have to use their brains because they can't or won't.

Its the same reason Harper Island, Flashforeword and Damages to name a few shows that have been now been officially canceled, if you have watched those shows you know what they have in common they all keep you guessing waiting to watch the following week. Unlike show like Glee, Pretty little liars, Entourage and many more that are all romanced based eye candy shows that are all aimed for female viewers or cartoons for the kid minded Adult.

Don't get me started on Reality trash which I avoid like the plague they are on only to save Networks money from paying great actors and actresses. If like like those types of shows then TV as we know it is bound for doom and gloom

It gets my vote from this side of the ocean, 13 May 2010

After reading all 3 comments so far I can't understand why your complaining about clichés when many shows if not all use them but to hate a show based on them is nuts, especially after you watched 2 episodes. I have watch 4 episodes and yes there are still clichés but this show is far from bad if fact I find it rather entertaining.

Strike Back episodes so far have been action filled and like usual Richard Armitage doesn't disappoint us, this show is on equal footing with many great, TV shows such as Ultimate Force, The Unit and Over There. Which all should of never been cancelled in my opinion and have seen many shows "reality especially" that should be cancelled yet they continue to bore a good majority of people. If I had to choose this show up against any reality garbage out there this show would win hands down.

I not a huge fan of Chris Ryan novels and I have read a few and is a good writer but to be honest I prefer Andy McNab's work. I gave this show a 9 only because 1 person who wrote a comment under rated it because it deserves more than a 5 rating. It's well acted well written the only thing that is bad is that its only 6 episodes. I would of loved to see more than 6 episodes, and for those who have yet to see a single episode, yes I do recommend you watch it if your a action TV show fan.

The worst war depiction I have ever seen, 19 April 2010

The worst war depiction I have ever seen and I have seen just about every WWII movie ever produced, its lacks direction, action and especially individual courage that many were known to have shown in the Pacific. I don't know if there were too many Egos who wrote, directed and produced but some thing went wrong from the start and at the rate its going it can't recover seeing were 6 episodes in.

This is more like a daytime soap opera or a Documentary than a made for TV epic series as described because the only thing epic about it is how much its boring. Never have I fell sleep watching a war movie except for this one and not only once did I fall asleep but it happened 3 times already.

Had they made just a long movie without all the extra garbage it would of had a chance to be good like the movie Patton which I watched Yesterday again for over 50 times. Yet The Pacific can't even be used in the same sentence as P.....

I rated it 2 stars only because I am a war movie buff and it has warlike similarities whomever rates this a 10 has to be a chick after all it is a soap more than a war mini series. This should be in the negatives numbers for all I care.

Yes I will watch until the last episode I'm a sucker for punishment but I will never watch it ever again, its too painful to watch it more than once.

Well here we are episode 8 another episode I fell asleep to "yawn" is the deception I would give this whole series. Its a poor man Hollywoodized drivel. This could have easily been summed up in a 1 1/2 hour made for TV movie about Sgt. John Basilone, instead of a 10 hour snore fest. After re-watching episode 8 from where I fell a sleep, Tom Hanks and company managed to show me 10 minutes of war about Iwo Jima.

Iwo Jima was a very important battle in which left 6,821 Americans dead and 19,217 wounded and yet the writers made it look like just another day at the beach.Iwo Jima was also the only U.S. Marine battle that American casualties exceeded the Japanese in the Pacific war even though Japanese combat deaths were three times as many American. Tom Hanks and company should be ashamed for disgracing all the men who died there or were seriously wounded.

As I said had it been a short movie on a war hero and his friends it might of passed but this is just plain garbage and for all of you who thinks this is great and give it a 10. I have 2 questions for you are you sure your watching the same show as the 5 and less ratings or are you a chick voting because you think they're cute guys and romance? It has to be one or the other I can't see no other reason for this being even near an 8 let alone a perfect 10

Well I decided to watch the last episode praying it would be better than episode 8 I thought heck it couldn't get any worse. To my surprise it was and after the part where Leckie was on a date I just turned of the TV and went to bed my sleep was so much better than the lost half hour that I won't ever get back.

People say not to compare it to Band of Brothers well you have to seeing it was the same people who did this junk. I feel very embarrassed for all the soldiers who thought they would finally get recognition they truly deserve, but all they got was just plain crap. This series was a waste of $200 million dollars that it cost to make. The money would have been better served just giving it to all the veterans of WWII Pacific Theater that are left

Just plain boring, dull and repetitive, 19 February 2010

Once you see one episode you basically seen them all. First of all ever incarnations (3 episodes worth) just happen to be found in the United States what are the odds of the people being reincarnated in the exact same place when the worlds population is around 6,692,030,277. Now if they would travel to different locations around the world it would be a tad more believable even though its science fiction The acting is so boring because as I said its all the same except for the fact its different scenarios. I give this show 3 stars only because its original as far as I can tell. The writers should have just made a movie because it would of made room for much better shows to keep us entertained but then again it seems that bad shows last and great shows such as Jericho, Kyle XY and The Listener ( to name a few) have gotten the axe.

Hopefully for all of us it won't last more than 6 episodes I for one have watch my last episode unless I can't sleep then I'll use it as a sleep aid

"John Doe" (2002)
The first error was airing it on FOX, 2 February 2010

Who else other than the FOX network would cancel good programming time and time again and replace it with the typical FOX trash that they always seem to keep If there is anything I have found out watch the FOX network is, if there is a good new show that FOX airs don't watch it because only thing is certain it will only last one season 100% guaranteed This show should of been grated a second season hands down it had everything a viewer could ask for such as conspiracy, intrigue, hard to solve crimes, excellent acting and writing that kept you wanting more and more.

Almost each week a piece fell into place and kept you guessing, the last episode was a hurried one probably because they knew how FOX operates. FOX looks for low budgets crap like reality TV and animations, they love their animation so much so that prime time Sundays that all they air. Problem is the attention span of FOX is that of a pea. Which is why the writers should have never agreed to let FOX air this jewel as FOX viewers don't have what it takes for such a complex show as this

This show does nothing for me, 26 December 2009

This show does nothing for me, if you have seen the first season then you have seen them all, instead of nuke the use chemical weapons. There is always someone who has infiltrated CTU in each season, no government can be immune to people getting on the inside but every season is that all this writer can come up with? I really can't believe people are actually going nuts over this show, its the same basic plot over and over again the only thing different is the actors because they get killed off, they get killed off because either they're KIA or because Jack the wonder boy kills them. I only person immune from certain death is Jack, he's been arrested and released, got shot, stabbed even blown up this season twice yet he heals instantly, he gets captured he get away soon after. Which to me makes this show so phony and unbelievable, Super Jack fly's planes and Helicopters and soon god help us all if he does be able to sail an aircraft carrier all by himself.

This show is so bad on so many levels, yes their lots of action but that is all this show has going for it and nothing else. Watch the British shows "Spooks" never is one season is the same and the star actually dies to let a new star be written in the script and has been running for longer than Jack Bauer show I mean 24. So many better shows have been canceled like the "Unit", yet this trash keeps on going and its isn't well written. All 24 does is stretch the episodes with Presidential Pardons,deals and conspiracies theories to make it last 24 hour when really the show should last 6 to 12 hours maybe then it would be a little bit more believable.

The season 5 finale last scene has Jack Bauer being captured and abducted,then we last see him being held somewhere already beaten to a pulp..The last clip we see a cargo ship that has already out to sea, this all in a time span of 7 minutes. It takes longer than 7 minutes just to untie a ship let alone being already out to sea at what looked like full speed. Yet we are lead to believe this show happens all in a 24 hour period. This show is more like 1 month and not 24hrs because of all the time gaps such as the final scene. I would of rated this show of 0 but I can't go that low

Season 4 can't be possible, 22 December 2009

Season 4 can't be possible for 1 reason and 1 reason only and that would be to kick a heroin habit cold turkey, I know this first hand. Being disabled and living with chronic daily I used to be on 80mg a day of Methadone which is a synthetic form of heroin when I tried quitting cold turkey because the medicine was no longer relieving me of pain. My doctor thought it would be best to to go to the detox clinic his way they could monitor me and help me cope with the withdrawals symptoms I would of experiencing plus they could monitor my new pain medicine at the same time which is now Morphine, but I declined. I thought it would be a piece of cake and doing it myself boy was I wrong.

I spent the first 4 days shaking like there was no tomorrow, sweating bullets all the while I couldn't get warm enough I really thought I was dying. So for Jack Bauer to pretend that you can still function properly after quitting a 6 month habit in 24 hours is an complete nonsense and is insult to all the addicts who wish to quit but fear what will happen to them while they get clean. They have every right to fear because its the hardest thing I have ever done in my 47 year of living and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Yet Heroin is so much stronger than methadone which methadone is used to detox a heroin addict.

For that and that only I give this whole season 4 a 1 star had Kiefer Sutherland talked about Heroin addiction as not an easy drug to quit either before or after the season ended I would have given this a 10. To give people struggling with addictions false hope is seriously wrong and reflects badly on him and the up coming seasons. Shame on him

"Vanished" (2006)
learn never to watch shows of this concept on FOX, 15 October 2009

To all of you out there if you haven't learned by now that serious dramas on Fox will be yanked within the first season. To avoid further disappointments in the future just Boycott Fox unless your into Reality shows or Cartoons. which is all they show more than one season even though people don't want to Adults don't want to watch cartoons or Reality shows anymore.

I don't buy the excuse that Gale Harlod was the tipping point to people not watching this show. After watching this great show once again I can't see any reason why it should have had a second season because the suspense was very good and trying to figure out who was a bad guy or a good guy added to the thrill of this show.

Had this show been picked up by HBO instead of Fox I am 100% sure it would have gone much further. I for one would rather have a show like The Unit or Vanished on the air rather than Grey's Anatomy, House, Mercy, ER,Trauma or any other of The numerous medical shows out there.

Having MS and back problems for 18 years and counting and having to see doctors weekly, I don't need to watch doctor shows 24/7. I live with it every day and I am sure many in my position feel the same way. Shows like Vanished give us a break from what we have to live with until we die.

I gave this show a 10 because it was the first of it's kind in 2006 before the writers strike before shows like 24 and Lost which copied it style. If those shows where a hit but I have boycotted since they played on Fox and I didn't want to be disappointed again. Yes I know Lost plays on ABC but they too have a bad habit of pulling shows I like

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]