parrotheadman

This Film is a Winner!, 2 July 2007

I saw this film at the Newport Beach Film Festival and it was awesome. The audience was really into it and it's no surprise that the film won the Humanitarian Vision Award. What makes the film stand out to me is the central character "Rockey". This guy is truly amazing. He's a natural in front of the camera and I couldn't wait to see what he was going to do next. The film got a tremendous response from the big crowd too. Everyone laughed and there were times that we wanted to cry but in the end everyone cheered for this man who refuses to take no for an answer. I saw Rockey's journey to the White House on the news last year and I had no idea what he and the crew went through to get all the way to the President of the United States. It was absolutely not an inside job that's for sure. You will be pleasantly surprised by this film. The story will have you on the edge of your seat the entire way as you cheer Rockey on. Hats off to Director Steven Scaffidi for an amazing film!

Execution (2006)
Best Prison Flick I've Ever Seen!!!!!!, 27 March 2007

This film is fantastic. The beginning takes you into a prison as you follow these 2 filmmakers who got access to death row back in 1995. The camera is like a fly on the wall as you watch these guys get on death row and eventually meet the condemned man who has been there for a long time and is only 7 days away from the electric chair. Day after day the filmmakers get more confident as they get closer and closer to the personal life of this killer. Problem is that one of them wants to film a "standard" prison documentary and the other one wants the actual execution. He even goes so far to say: "No Execution...No Film!" These two guys begin to battle over what is right and what is wrong and that leads them up to the final day and the ultimate ending. This film has a lot of twists and turns too but what I like best is the multiple story lines of the Warden and the Condemned Man and then the two filmmakers. Each one has to deal with their own personal demons and it leads to a fantastic climax. I'm not kidding when I say I've never seen anything like this. If you get the chance to see this film don't dare miss it. I have a feeling it's going to be a big hit some day and eventually a cult classic.