msladysoul

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Big Boy (1930)
Disgusting!, 4 May 2011

As a black person viewing this film, it was extremely disturbing for someone of this generation, and I'm sure to black people of that time it was insulting, but what could they do. They had no power to complain. It was politically correct to be racist and insulting of other races back then, because whites were superior and what they said went. They didn't care to take black people's feelings into consideration. Gladly, things have changed. This film couldn't and wouldn't be done today. If you want a black person, get a real black person to play a role, don't black-up a white person and make them look ridiculous and un-naturally black. Blacks aren't just black-face, black people's skin tone range from black, dark brown, brown, light brown, caramel, honey, mocha, yellow, olive, even pale.

Of course white people gave this movie positive reviews because its not their race being insulted or offended. These are the reasons why racism, discrimination, bigotry, and prejudice will always exist, because you will always have people who condone the behavior in this movie, by making up excuses like "its not that racist" or "oh, that how it was back then." I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, it wouldn't be as amusing.

Al Jolson passing as black, portraying a black man, was extremely stereotypical, of course, he would act in that way. He wouldn't act educated or with class or sense, whites wouldn't want to see that, naturally Jolson would roll the eyes and act a fool, sing of the lord, and carry watermelons, white people wouldn't have had it any other way. Jolson doesn't represent positive blackness to me, but of course whites think he did a great job portraying a black, because that's how they view us.

I read how some people say Jolson didn't act like an "uncle tom" so that should give some relief, well like I said he was still very stereotypical, and of course he could talk sassy and tough to some whites, because it was known he was white, so he could get away with it. If he was really black, he wouldn't have been able to talk up to whites on screen that way. When Jolson looks at the white woman that walks pass him when he's singing at the club, you know if he really was black, that part would have been cut from the film. If Jolson really wanted to make blacks look good and if he didn't mean no harm, he could have portrayed the new era of black people, not stereotypical, Southern, shuffling, yes-sir black, but the northern, Harlem black, bold, head up, educated, glamorous, ambitious, listen to Ethel Waters, "Underneath a Harlem Moon." The only true portrayal in this movie is the racist Southern man who says all kind of racial insults.

I hate to see how blacks, native Americans, asians have been treated in the movies back then. Its making it harder for me to watch these old classic movies, especially since the racism is so obvious and blatant. Whites were always superior and well-behaved, while people of color were made fun of, inferior, and not as well-behaved as whites, now we know the "white lies" and that whites weren't so perfect, but whites always put themselves in the best light back then.

From what I know about Jolson, he seemed to have been influenced by blacks, which you can see in his singing and dancing. Possibly, his dressing up in black-face was a way to become a black man to him. I've seen minstrel shows from back then and seen many black-face comedians, and found them insulting and offensive and they knew they were, but like I said it was okay to make fun of blacks back then, but with Al Jolson it seems he really wanted to be black, even though his portrayal was negative. Maybe with this film he was trying to show the ignorance of white racism by becoming a black man, of course the audience knew he was really white, but by becoming black, maybe he's trying to show whites it could have been you who could have been black, so how would you like to have been mistreated? Perhaps he was also showing how blacks always had to come to save the day for white people.

Anyways, this movie was ridiculous. Jolson was supposedly the greatest entertainer in the world in his time, well, maybe he would be more remembered mainstream and appreciated by everyone if it wasn't for the black-face. I hear talk of Judy Garland, Sinatra, and others, but not much talk of Jolson, I suppose its because of the black-face. If white audiences enjoyed the play or the movie Big Boy, its because Jolson reassured them with his stereotypical black person, that blacks were everything whites thought or wanted them to be.

I try to put myself back in the 1930's, and still was offended, as I'm sure many blacks were back then, but like I said they had no say. I read black newspapers of that time, and they were disgusted by the film. A lot of whites get offended when black comedians like Chris Rock make fun of them, well maybe now you know how blacks felt seeing Cantor and Jolson. Some may say, Eddie Cantor and Jolson were appealing to the tastes back then, so you mean they were appealing to whites love of seeing people of color made fun of? None of them had the balls to stand up and say I'm not doing that? Doing blackface don't make you a greater entertainer.

hotoil, said blacks didn't have leading roles back then. This movie was made in 1930, in 1929, Nina Mae McKinney, a black actress, starred in one of the first black films, and then there was Hearts of Dixie, another black film made in 1928. So there were blacks in starring roles.

Some facts....some fictions!, 6 April 2011

This movie is something else I must say. I just don't know how to take it. I guess the thing that upset me the most was this movie was another example of Hollywood being racist, while telling a story about racism, their displaying racism. First thing that upset me was they cast a white actress to the part of a mixed black person, Hollywood did this often in movies about mixed race people (Pinky, Lost Boundaries, Imitation of Life, Show Boat), they always would cast white actors and actress and try to make them look ethnic, instead of hiring light-skinned black actress and actors to play the part, it would bring an authenticity to the role if a real black played the part. For this particular movie, Band of Angels, Hilda Simms (famous for playing Anna Lucasta on Broadway) who was a beautiful, talented, light-skinned black woman, would have been perfect as Manty, but as some reviewers have said, a true black and a white kissing and being in love on screen was taboo and something the world wasn't ready to see yet, but it was okay to see a "pretend black girl played by a white" and a white man in love, how much sense does that make??? Manty once lived as a white privileged girl, so when she finds out she's "black," she can't accept her blackness or the black side, and throughout the movie she's still acts like a white girl, detached in many ways. Yvonne De Carlo, doesn't even play the tragic mulatto well, she seems very cold, especially when she's on the black side. Its because she has no experience as a black, she can't bring that experience to the role, so she seems very detached and going through the motions in some parts of the movie. She couldn't bring the suffering and hardships of being black like a real black actress could.

This movie showed some truth about slavery, many white slave masters were sleeping with black women and having black mistresses. Where do you think all these different tones of black people come from? Many blacks have white ancestry, but most whites won't admit they have black relations. Many slave masters would keep their mixed race children a secret from their white families. President Thomas Jefferson has black descendants, from the children he had with his black slave mistress, but most white descendants of Thomas Jefferson haven't been as welcomed to them. I saw a common theme in this movie it seems the men couldn't wait to sleep with or rape the light-skinned Manty, proving that during slavery, many light-skinned black women were used as sex slaves back then, but yet still slaves.

Another thing about this movie is the "one drop of black blood" rule. This was something made up by whites to keep mixed race people out of their race. Whites wanted to keep their race pure, so even if a mixed race person looked more white, that drop of black kept them from being white. They didn't have a choice to choose to be black or white. White people were in denial of their black-white relations and gung-ho about not accepting mixed race ones, and that's still true to this day. Our President Obama is of mixed race, but people call him black. Also back then there was a rule that if your mother was a slave, you had to be a slave. That was one way slave owners could keep more slaves from being free. Quite a few black men were able to buy their freedom, but most black women couldn't afford their freedom and plus if a slave was of mixed race, she still had to be a slave, even if her father was a white man, if her mother was black she still had to be a slave.

There's some discrepancies in this film, I doubt in real life back then a Manty could just be crossing the color line back and forth, being black then being white. If you were lucky enough to pass and get away with it, you ran away somewhere no one knew you. If you were known as black, people would keep an eye on you so you wouldn't pass. Manty had more freedoms then a black girl would be given in true life back then, and she had more freedoms then even white woman would ever be given, so I doubt Manty would just be all over the place like she was in this film. Slave masters back then who were having affairs with blacks, didn't carry on so openly as this movie suggest. I doubt in real life Manty and Clark Gable would ride out into the sunset and live happily ever after.

I could understand the bitterness of Rau-Ru, Clark Gable's character buy slaves and supposedly treat them nice, to make up for being apart of the slave trade, but yet his slaves are still slaves, not free to go and come as they please. I wonder how many white slave owners back then thought they could make up for buying slaves by being nice.

Michele, played by model Carrole Drake, is a pretty house slave, who once was the mistress of Clark Gable, but when Manty was brought in, Michele had to move over, but she still loves him. It supposedly was taboo for a black and white romance, but anyone could see Michele and Clark Gable had something going on between them, without kissing. Carrole never did any other films, and that's ashame, she was wonderful in this part.

Tommie Moore was marvelous as the spunky, naughty, sassy Dolly, she was a wonderful black actress who people don't even know. She was a great actress, but like many black actress and actors it was hard to find work and get recognition. Juanita Moore, famous for Imitation of Life, was wonderful in her small part.

Dancing In The Street!, 15 December 2010

This soundie is a short music video basically showing the popular dance of the 40's, the lindy hop. The setting of the soundie is on a street, with a woman getting kicked out of her apartment, all of her stuff is getting put out, even her piano, and she starts playing some boogie woogie on the piano to get rid of her blues. There's a attractive young lady sitting on the porch with a guitar player, and she starts moving to the beat, she appears to be flirting with the guitar player, then a guy comes up and grabs her hand to dance, leaving the guitar player displeased. The girl and guy start lindy hopping in the street, then other neighbors and passer-bys start dancing to. Lynn Albritton, the piano player, starts everyone "dancing in the street," 20 years before Martha Reeves and The Vandellas, of Motown, started everyone dancing in the street. The soundie is really entertaining. Most of the performers in the soundies were uncredited, sadly, we'll never know who most of the talents in the soundies are, but I gotten to know who some of the talents are featured in the soundies. Many were regulars in the soundies, and many were actual performers around Harlem nightclubs, especially the women, who were chorus girls and dancers at popular Harlem nightclubs. The lead dancer in this soundie was in all of Lynn Albritton soundies. These soundies really are a great source of info, if you want to know what entertainment and life was like back in the 40's. The soundies featured artists who aren't known today, but back then they were popular. Lynn Albritton, was a great piano player, but info on her is very hard to find.

Great War Song!, 15 December 2010

This is a wonderful soundie, with The Four Ginger Snaps. They were a popular singing group in the 40's, with three ladies and a guy, who appeared in quite a few soundies, but this is one of few that survives. Their an entertaining, humorous group with great personality, rhythm, and harmony. The song their singing Keep Smiling is a song encouraging everyone to keep smiling because we'll win the war and buy war bonds to support the troops. The soundies gave black singers and dancers a chance to express themselves and present their talents and form of entertainment in their own way, and it's very entertaining to see. Soundies were the first type of music videos, if you ever get a chance to check out these soundies you should, to enjoy a part of entertainment history that's bygone, but will live forever through film, and its a chance to discover talent that isn't widely recognized. These soundies definitely display the popular dances, songs, and styles of the era, that you will enjoy, and you may see there's not much difference in soundies of the past and the music videos of today, there was always sex appeal.

Scar of Shame an significant film with an important message even to this day!, 21 January 2010

Scar of Shame is the best race film and one of the few surviving silent films with a black cast. Scar of Shame is an early example of black life in films. The movie simply is about the wrong road people can go down when there is no positive guidance nor education in their lives. Lucia Moses plays Louise, an abused young girl who has men in her life who wants to sexually exploit her, she's saved and looked after by Alvin Hillyard (Harry Henderson) who is a hero, who feels women should be respected, and fights for Louise's honor. They fall in love, but Louise isn't of Alvin's class, he's sort of ashame of her, Louise senses this shame, and wants to get even. Alvin goes to prison for a crime he didn't commit. They meet up later in a nightclub, Alvin had escaped from prison and lived under a different alias. He has a new love interest, the innocent, doll-faced Alice (Pearl McCormmack) who knows nothing of his past. Her father Ralph Hathaway (Lawrence Chenault) is a prominent lawyer who frequents nightclubs and knows Alvin's former wife Louise very well, but doesn't know Alvin and Louise were once married. To make a long story short, Louise tries to win back Alvin's love but realizes she can't. She even tries to blackmail him but she finds it no use. She asks forgiveness for her sins and shortcomings and commits the unthinkable. Lawrence Chenault emotes "Our people have so much to learn" when he witnesses what Louise has done. What he said has a strong message even to this day. I won't tell all what happens from beginning to end, cause I don't want to spoil it. With all the junk movies out today, you can spare an hour and a few minutes for a good movie.

I had read how people tried to turn this movie into a color issue or color chaste situation. I didn't see it. I think when it comes to anything black, people want to bring color and race up, instead of just enjoying the talents or just viewing what life and times were like back then. This film included blacks of all complexions and it definitely was a story about black life, though this particularly story could be portrayed by any race. Most race films always had a moral story for blacks and this was one of them. The film wanted to imply that blacks had a lot to learn, so not much has changed in 80 something years, and that ain't good.

This film definitely is the best out of many race films because of the professionalism of how the film was made and the acting is very natural and believable, proving that race films/black actors and actresses could make successful movies if the time and money was put into it. I also enjoy race films to see what life was like back then, the music, dancing, styles. These race films are black history visuals, if not for the talent alone. Race films couldn't make blacks rich or famous, but race films provided blacks the opportunity to be people, be beautiful, glamorous, handsome, to play people from all walks of life and portray different plots and stories that Hollywood would never let them do. Blacks of all hues and looks were given equal chances in race films.

Gorgeous, Clara Bow lookalike Lucia Moses was a popular chorus girl in the late 20's and 1930's. She was an original Cotton Club girl, along with her equally popular sister Ethel Moses, who later became Oscar Micheaux's actress. Had they been white, they would have been movie stars no doubt. Handsome Harry Henderson was a well-known actor in black theater and race films in the 1920's. Lawrence Chenault, often considered the pioneer of black theaters and movies, was a highly respected actor for over three decades. He was in many prolific films and plays in his day. He was also in Oscar Micheaux's Body and Soul with Paul Robeson, that made Paul a star. Dollface Pearl McCormmack was a popular dancer in the late 1920's and 1930's. It's sad that there many black talents who never became huge stars because of racism. All these people were deserving to be stars outside their community.

I have to comment on the color issue people seem to have. People have commented on the lighter-skinned blacks in the movie. What's wrong with lighter-skinned blacks being in movies and having leading roles? No one complains when darker-skinned blacks have leading roles. Some commented on how white Lucia Moses, Lawrence Chenault, and Pearl McCormmack looked, I say not all blacks are dark-skinned with big noses and big lips, this is a very stereotypical image some people hold of blacks. Blacks come in all colors, shapes, features, and textures like any race. It's natural for most people to say someone who is lighter skinned looks white but whites aren't the only ones with lighter skin tones. People also love to say a black woman looks white when she's beautiful; insinuating she's only beautiful because she looks white because a black woman couldn't be beautiful. There's beauty in every race. This country associates beauty with whiteness, so any woman of color that is beautiful, she quickly viewed as "white-looking." There's beautiful black, Spanish, Asian, Indian women, so I didn't find Lucia or Pearl, all that white looking. I would say Lucia looked Spanish more then white, Pearl looked black to me.

We know the color and race issues of the past, why not give these unsung black actors/actresses what they always wanted, to be judged and appreciated for their talents. We'll never get past color and race, unless, people stop being so color conscious when it comes to blacks, as if it's the only interesting thing about blacks. I wasn't looking at color. I just enjoyed watching the movie and beautiful black people, if only more people could do that.

A movie every teacher should see!, 18 January 2010

This was really a good movie. I wish there was a sequel. I wish more teachers were like Dorothy Dandridge's character. Obviously we have many problem children now and we need more understanding teachers who are willing to have a heart, instead of just going to earn a paycheck and bark out orders and schoolwork. No wonder we have so many angry children who grow up to be angry adults, they get no love at home nor at school. I feel if you want to be a teacher, you got to realize you're more then a teacher, you got to be a parent too. You got to find a special gift, hobby, or talent in a problem child and make that child feel special and in that way, that'll help them be better in other activities and schoolwork.

Everyone in this movie touched my heart, especially the children, for kids who never acted before they were so natural and believable. In those days work for black children in movies was rare so I'm not surprised most of the black children in the movie didn't appear in any other films but I want them to know their appreciated for their appearances and I hope some of them will post on this forum to let us know what became of them.

The girl who played Tanya (Barbara Ann Sanders) had such a sweet face and tears came to my eyes when she died. I can't help but think what could have became of all these children if their were acting opportunities for black children. The boy who played C.T. (Phillip Hepburn) was amazing and his acting was so believable. Even in today's era there are many boys just like C.T. who are misunderstood and just need extra tender, loving, and care.

I noticed many black dancers/actresses who had been in Hollywood films as dancers and maids for years in this film, that weren't credited but had small parts, such as, Louise Franklin, Doris Ake, Jeni LeGon, Vivian Dandridge, Dorothy's sister. Maidie Norman was wonderful as Tanya's mother. All these black actresses didn't have the fair chance to really shine in films. They were left out because of Hollywood not wanting to give too many black women a chance in films. Lena Horne and Dorothy got a chance, but even they struggled.

Last but not least, Dorothy was wonderful as a caring teacher who won't give up on C.T. Dorothy is very pretty but not overly glamorous, she's very believable as a teacher.

See this movie if you get a chance, with all the junk out today, you can spare 66 minutes to see an inspirational film about not giving up on anyone. Sometimes people will be a problem just to test you to see if you really care. There's a scene where C.T. shows he really knows the answers to his math but he won't reveal he's really smart to the teacher. He wants her to show she cares first.

If you like this film, you will love "Take A Giant Step" starring Johnny Nash and Ruby Dee, made in 1959 or 1960. After seeing "Bright Road," I feel "Take A Giant Step" might have been a sequel to this movie. Take A Giant Step is about a troubled teenage black boy trying to find acceptance and his place in a unfair world. It's very good. Johnny Nash even resembled what an older C.T. might have looked like. There's an actress in the film who the teenage boy is in awe of and I think because he reminds her of Tanya, but that's just my take.

Anyways, you'll love both films. Why don't they make films like these anymore?

One of the best sondies!, 5 June 2008

I love this soundie. This soundie is less then five minutes but its very fulfilling, there's great singing, some hip dancing from guys and girls, a little acting, pretty girls, its an early form of an music video, it is a 40'ish music video. Maxine Sullivan is a great singer who had a lot of soul in her voice. She should be remembered more then what she is. I wonder who the pretty girl that was shown throughout the soundie a few times more then the others, she was the one who did a little playacting with a guy playing house with little stick figures or whatever and she had quite a few close ups. She had a wonderful personality, exuberant, and gorgeous, I'm surprised she didn't become a big star. Some of the people used in the background of soundies were used in other soundies as well, I recognized some in this soundie in other soundies, hopefully the pretty girl from this soundie I'll see in other soundies.

Hannah Williams Jazz Songbird is the reason to see this short!, 21 March 2008

I can't believe there are no comments on this short. This short by far is one of the best that you'll ever see, 9 minutes of non stop entertainment. Hannah Williams steals this short. She's a awesome singer of jazz with a vivacious personality that really makes you watch and listen to her. You can't take your eyes off of her the whole time she's performing. I can't believe she didn't become one of the more popular, remembered singers/performers. I've listen to most of the black and white singers of the 30's and I have to say the ones who are remembered Hannah is as good as and this short alone proves it. Hannah sings one of Judy Garland's famed songs "Get Happy" and I have to say Hannah makes that her song too. Other entertainers in the short are The Three X Sisters and they sing "Here Comes The Showboat" I think their a black female group but not sure but their really good, then Larry Larry, an acrobatic/tap dance team ends this great short with some excellent dancing. Not much of a story in this short, of course like many shorts, just a reason to see great entertainment from a bygone era.

One of the reasons I love shorts is because to be honest I get to discover talents that I've never heard of and can't see or hear anywhere else. Many of the talents in these Vitaphone shorts were popular in their time but didn't have longevity fame, most didn't become legends, but thanks to these shorts their talent lives on.

Youngblood (1978)
Bryan O'Dell Is Really The One Who Keeps My Attention!, 9 February 2008

Bryan O'Dell was a young, charismatic, entertaining actor, most known in the 70's. Bryan was best known for playing Marvin, the pesky, annoying, nosy high school newspaper reporter on "What's Happening." In this movie "Youngblood" Bryan plays the title character and he portrays his character as a troubled, naive, impressionable teen accurately and he adds charm to his character especially when he's flirting with Sybil played by Ren Woods. Its hard to dislike Youngblood because he still maintains likability, despite joining a gang and being involved in violence, he still has a lot of heart and innocence. This movie is basically about young teens who are having problems at home and in the streets so they get involved with gangs for protection and for a family base but the particular gang in this movie, The Kingsmen, aren't doing drive by shootings, robbing innocent people, terrorizing their neighborhoods, nor selling drugs, in fact, when someone they know dies of a drug overdose, the Kingsmen band together to get back at the drug dealers in their neighborhood, they take the law into their own hands, though a few members of their gang dies, The Kingsmen get justice and take care of the main guys. This movie is pretty good but there seems to be some things missing from the story, like at the end, it really doesn't show what became of the characters nor how did Youngblood feel to find out his brother was one of the drug pushers. I hear there was suppose to be a sequel explaining all that but there wasn't a sequel, but sequel or not, this movie should have had a more satisfactory ending. Another thing missing was what became of Sybil, it really wasn't explained whether she was addicted to drugs or pregnant or both and it would have been a little romantic to see love blossom between Sybil and Youngblood. Another thing missing was whether Rommel played by Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs got a job and took care of his family or whether he died or not. Anyways this film is pretty good but some things were missing in the story that could have made this film a classic or iconic black film. Everyone holds their own in this movie and plays their characters naturally with great enthusiasm. Most of the black actors and actresses in this film didn't do much work after this movie because of the lack of work for blacks in Hollywood, but most of them did do acting and extra work on TV shows in the 70's, you might notice some. There were many talented actors and actresses of color in the 70's that just didn't get substantial work or their due opportunities so they became obscure. There were a few Soul Train Dancers in the nightclub dance scene that some may recognize if their Soul Train fans.

Anyways, the movie is very realistic, not a iconic movie, but a pretty good movie, better then whats out today. I was most impressed with Bryan O'Dell. I wonder what became of him. I hear Bryan was actually in his mid-20's when he did this film, he played a 16 year old but wasn't. He looked very young for his age so he always had to play people younger then him and he was believable, but his youthful looks might have been a downfall because he didn't get many grown-up parts, if he's in his 50's now, I wonder has he retained his youthful looks because if he did he probably would look 30'ish or 40'ish. I give the movie a 7 out of 10. I wish there were movies out today that try to come up with a solution to end some of the things ruining the black community. I wish people today would band together to end the drug and violence problems.

Laura Bowman, Alfred Grant, Arthur Ray, and The Four Toppers are the talents in the film!, 28 December 2007

I see there are many bad reviews for this movie mostly from Caucasian people who don't really care for race films or appreciate the efforts and are comparing race films with Hollywood films that had big budget that could make any movie better. I consider myself a expert on race films, I try to research the films and the people in it who have been forgotten and overlooked for their contribution to cinema, deserving or not. Son of Ingagi, is not one of the best race films, but I enjoyed it after watching it a few times. Instead of knocking the whole cast, there are quite a few good actors and actresses in this film who try to make the best in this film. Laura Bowman, one of the early black actresses of stage and screen, was a highly respected and talented actress, her acting was in the same fashion of Ethel Barrymore, Marie Dressler, and. She really stands out in this film. She was always great at playing an intimidating, misunderstood, grouchy old woman but she could be comical with the same traits. Handsome and suave Alfred Grant showed his potential as an actor in this film. He showed every true emotion for any given situation more then any other in the cast. Daisy Bufford who played the wife, was a little too cheerful for an horror movie. There were times where she should have been scare instead of smiling and looking calm. I just can't believe her in this film. I would liked to have seen Margaret Whitten, Sybil Lewis, Theresa Harris, or Mae Turner, some of race films better actresses in the wife part. Arthur Ray who plays the Doctor's brother is always good as the conniving old Grinch. Zack Williams was good at the grunts, roars, and I beg to differ if you saw such a thing as him in your home, you would be a little scared My problem with some of the acting was for an scary movie, there was times the husband and wife were a little too cheerful for living in a home where murders were committed but I understand that not too much emphasis, dialog, and attention was given to the actors and actresses in race films, most of these films were shot in a week, but if one is going to make any film or any kind, at least make it good, don't just do anything or show little concern because of lack of money or time. No this movie won't scare you but it gave me a chance to witness black actors and actresses playing people from all walks of life and not being stereotypes and many showed potentiality as actors and actresses. If black actors and actresses were developed by studios like many white actors and actresses, many could have been great.

Basically this film is centered around a young married couple who's marriage is interrupted by mystery and murder that indirectly involves them. Dr. Jackson, a woman who is invited to their wedding, was connected to the wife's father whom she was in love with. The Doctor wants to give all her life earnings and home to the young married couple for being nice to her and because of love of the wife's father. The Doctor is killed by the ape she brought back from Africa, (how she got it into this country I'll never know) it seems he dranked something the Doctor mixed up that was gonna do something significant to change humanity, I wonder what it was because it made the ape dangerous and gave the ape killing tendencies. The ape killed his master, his Doctor. The young married couple finds the body and is suspected of killing the doctor because a will is found in which their to inherit the Doctor's money and home and its believed they made the will up and kill the Doctor because there's no other suspects. The young couple move into the Doctor's house (why I don't know, I wouldn't move into a home where someone was killed and the murderer is still loose) and they don't know there's an ape in the basement. An attorney is killed while visiting the home and so the detectives stake out at the home and well its found out later who committed the crimes and other stories unravel. Maybe the movie would have been more interesting if the husband and wife would have suspected each other. I mean there was really no whodunit between the husband and wife. The wife was walking around like nothing was happening.

I like The Four Toppers, they were a great singing group. I wonder if The Four Tops knew it was a grew before them with sort of the same name?

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]