tarajil41

Liz & Dick (2012) (TV)
Stellar performances by all, 5 February 2014

Lindsey Lohan and Grant Bowler make the roles their own, giving natural performances that ring true. The makeup and costumes are excellent. The movie is inspired in that it starts with them talking and reminiscing then works up to the present time (death of Richard Burton). Some shocking things portrayed in the movie are that they relied on their families, drank excessively, and each of them got bent out of shape and took it out on the other, over and over. Can you imagine being a star and right near you, there is always "mom". Liz's mother and Richard's brother Ifor are well acted. Also excellent are the characters of the business manager, the director, Sybil, and the kids. I highly recommend this movie. It is a spellbinding drama. There is a chemistry between all the actors. It is a unique story that could only have taken place in the 60's and 70's, in Europe and the U.S. It was realistic, engaging and well acted. The accents are natural, the acting is real. I loved it. I think Lindsey Lohan has amazing talent. She is natural and sweet. You can imagine what 'Liz' and 'Dick' saw in each other, and get a glimpse of what the whole world was enthralled with all those years ago.

Amy & Isabelle (2001) (TV)
Excellent movie!!!, 26 November 2001

Amy and Isabelle is the best movie I've seen in a long time. It's comparable to a classic like The Scarlet Letter (novel). This movie has layers of meaning and it really makes you think. Loved it!!! It takes place during a hot summer in a mill town. It's all about women's work and women's lives, fantastic!!!