nm132

I didn't care for this movie, 26 October 2001

Koyannisqatsi definitely has some great photography, but the proper place for the images is not on the big screen. Still images from the movie would be perfect for a museum exhibition that could be titled "Technology and the Enviroment," but as a movie all the great photography goest to waste. I must however agree with previous posters that the score is very good. It adds a lot to the movie. I'll give this movie a 7/10 based not on entertainment value, but on a splendid photography.

From Hell (2001)
Disappointing..., 26 October 2001

Maybe my expectations were too high, but this movie was very disappointing. Somehow its presentation of London did not seem very real. They probably spent a lot of time on the sets, but they weren't that great. The cinematography was actually pretty good. The movie was suspenseful, but in a predictable way. What makes a good thriller is not knowing who is going to get killed next. In this movie, it was very easy to tell who was going to get killed next. There is some gore in the movie, but really not too much. Johnny Depp is okay, but far from Oscar caliber. The other actors (especially the five whores) left something to be desired. All in all, a lackluster effort. 5/10

Good, not great, 26 October 2001

It had plenty of suspense and action, but could have been a little bit better. I was not blown away by it thus it only receives 8/10. Still worth seeing especially if you weren't alive in 1972. The biggest problem I had with it was the narration of Michael Douglas. Surely they could have found someone better.