kevin_sims

Tiny Magic (2003)
You gotta see this..., 7 September 2003

This is a very moving and tight drama that has a very meaningful subtext below the pleasing exterior trappings.

Top notch directing, writing, acting and super cinematography. I have no clue why this did not play at Sundance. This film is head and shoulders above anything else I saw at Sundance this year.

Great first time effort for Takacs with great acting by Mesler and Cadman all tied together with super cinematography by Santucci.

You have a bunch of sleepers here, look for a lot of them to make it big in the future. 9/10 is my vote.

Sonny (2002)
Why?, 6 February 2003

Why is the film being so overlooked? Mr. Cage directs a killer film here, pulling great performances from everyone.

The story is dark but captivating and I just don't understand why this film is being so overlooked. I would highly recommend it.

Warning, the subject manner might be a bit much for conservative people so church goers be warned but this film really showcases Mr. Cage as just not an actor but also a great filmmaker. He directed a great film here and should be honored for it.

James Franco and the rest of the cast desire to be honored too!

Partners (1993) (TV)
Middle of the road short film., 12 November 2001

Peter Weller directs a decent middle of the road short film here. It was nominated for an oscar but I may have missed something with my viewing experience. 5 out of 10 here. If it was longer, I think it would have been a much better story. It seems like Weller tried to cram a feature length story into the short film genre and the film suffered. I think this would actually make an excellent feature length film.