BridgetJonesChick

Another successful upbeat romantic comedy, 2 January 2004

So, if you're looking for a movie similar to the Pianist or Road to Perdition this is not the movie to see; but, if what you seek is a fun and upbeat romantic comedy that can serve as an hour and a half long distraction from reality then you have come to the right place. Win a Date with Tad Hamilton is amusing and funny and the young stars are successfully endearing. Audience members will not walk out of the theater after viewing this movie intellectually enlightened but that is not the movies intention. After viewing this movie you will leave the theater feeling happy and optimistic (which is a feat in today's society). Topher Grace and Kate Bosworth are adorable as typical Midwesterners (even if, as a Midwesterner myself I can attest to the fact that they are still a little too Hollywood to fully pass as West Virginian Piggly Wiggly workers). Basically, go to see Win a Date with Tad Hamilton if you want to you want a small morsel to make you temporarily blissful and please, please do not hold it to standards that it is not trying to meet. This movie should be accepted for what it is, not an Oscar contender but instead a little guilty pleasure that will eventually sit on my DVD shelf and serve as to cheer me up and make me laugh. Give it a chance, you might like it too!

A True 11, 29 December 2001

I went to this film with relatively high expectations but this film surpassed them. I can not praise this film enough. In my opinion this film truely encompases everything that is good about movie. From the very beginning to the closing the credits the characters and actions in this film grab the audience and take every member on an unforgetable emotional journey. As the ending credits roled i just sat stupified unable to believe how much i had enjoyed what i had just seen. This film is not what you expect it to be going in. It is so much more then i would have ever expected. From the perfect directing of Ron Howard to the unbelievably touching and moving performace from Russell Crowe (An actor that i did not feel was as capable as this movie proves him to be) this film is close to flawless and, in my opinion, one of the best films ever made. If you chosen not to see this film then you are doing yourself a disservice.

Close but not quite (Might contain spoilers), 18 December 2001

This film was odd. I thought in general the performances were pretty good (except maybe for the very not 90210 appearence of Jason Presley). For the first 1 and a half i was really into the story and i loved the inclusion of Ewan McGregors "little girl". I was really rather intersted by the whole thing until the end. The end pretty much ruined the rest of the movie for me. I was expecting an exciting or at least a good ending but this ending really bombed. I would recommend that those who want a better thriller should possibly try Nightwatch also staring Ewan McGregor which isn't wonderful but it is certainly better then Eye of the Beholder.

A Wonderful Surprise, 17 December 2001

I was initially attracted to this movie because of its star Ewen McGregor and after watching it several times i have decided that i enjoy it very much. I think that the characters are funny and original, the plot is quirky and clever, and the dialoge is fresh and very funny. Although this movie does have odd moments i feel that it only adds to the charm of the whitty and fun demenor of this overall wonderful film.

A MOST WONDERFUL FILM!, 17 October 2001

This Television adaptation of Pride and Prejudice is WONDERFUL however it might not be as good if you have not first read the book. Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice is a classic and well worth the time if you chose to read it. Once you have read the book you will be able to see how completely the movie follows its complex plot leaving almost nothing out. The performances in this film were top rate. The cast the was lead be an amazingly talented Colin Firth truely captured everthing thing that is good about Jane Austins work.

I LOVE THIS MOVIE, 17 October 2001

This movie was a wonderful surprise. I went to see it with few expectations and without having read the book. I left the theater completely obsessed with this funny, interesting, and realistic character. There are many things that make this movie great but i think that the most important thing would have to be the wonderful performances by the entire cast. Renee Zellweger was wonderful as the of balance and less then graceful Bridget. Hugh Grant, who is ussually quite the good guy, changes his stripes in this film to produce a funny and believable character, and Colin Firth reprises his Darcy role (one that he originally portrayed in 1995 for the BBC Pride and Prejudice a film very worth checking out!).

I can not stress enough how great this film is and how worth viewing it is. This film is one of my all time favorites because it is so sweet and funny. This is a film that almost anyone could relate to no matter what age, sex, or place in society and can be enjoyed by EVERYONE!