nsugrad00

I Am Sam (2001)
all you need is love...indeed, 7 March 2003

How many of us that have seen this movie were amazed by Sean Penn's performance? I know I was. He did an outstanding job in this movie playing Sam, a man with a mental handicap trying to win custody of his daughter, Lucy.

The feeling I was left with after watching this movie was powerful. It just makes you feel good.

Sam's friends in this movie were hilarious. I loved the courtroom scenes with them. And the answering machine scene! Great!

As others have said, it is a tearjerker. That's ok with me though. It sends a great message.

Beautiful, 7 March 2003

This has got to be one of the most beautiful movie I have ever seen. I had been told I'd cry, but I had no idea how much.

The movie follows a father and a son over a summer. I'm not going to give away too much, cuz you need to view this movie. The way their love grows is just awesome.

I think all the performers did an excellent job. I was surprised by Hayden's performance.

Halloween (1978)
Simply fantastic..., 3 August 2002

This is the movie every horror movie tries to be...or at least should. Sure, it's not the first slasher movie, and it follows in the vein of Black Christmas...doesn't make this film any less fantastic.

How could this movie actually be better? The main actors were great! This movie had a feel to it that no other horror movie has had for me. Michael Myers is the scariest slasher of all time (to me). He's so slow and methodical...that's what makes him scary. He doesn't try to be running like Jason (which makes me laugh everytime I see it)

This film deserves all the applause it gets. If you've never seen this movie...do yourself a favor...crawl out from underneath the rock you've been living under and rent it!

Still good fun..., 3 August 2002

....only cuz I once lived around where it was filmed. I went to the university you see in the beginning. After watching it one evening...my friends and I sat out on a day of finding where it was filmed. It was not filmed at Lake Tenkiller. Anyway...on to the film..

It was bad....but not *that* bad. Like someone said before, I have seen worse. I consider myself a horror movie nut, and this is as cheesy as most of the other films to come out of the 80s.

I don't know if I'd recommend this movie to anyone outside of Oklahoma...but I do recommend it to my friends who have lived or live in the Tahlequah area... 5/10

ZZZzzzZZZZzzZZZ, 22 January 2002

This movie is the worst one I have EVER seen! Heather Graham couldn't act her way out of a wet paper bag in this movie. The other girl, the Wagner girl, was better, but still not all that good. Downey was good though....very good actually. He did the Hamlet thing well, and sang very well too.

If not for him, this movie would be even worse than it already was.

Stay away from this movie...

Hot to Trot indeed!, 11 December 2001

I loved this movie....it's one of the funniest movies ever. Sure, it's probably one of the worst movies ever at the same time. But, this movie makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.

Bobcat, though annoying at times, is hilarious. John Candy is excellent as the voice of Don the Horse.

Possums (1998)
Believe...., 6 November 2001

I live in a town that's about 20 mins from where this movie was filmed. I had 2 friends that were used as extras. I rented it simply because I knew one of the guys that played a football player in the movie. I was very much impressed with what I saw.

This movie is sweet, uplifting, and fun. My friends and I got into it as if it were really a game. This movie should have been pushed more than it was. It's a nice lil film...

Loved this!!!, 30 October 2001

I caught this on USA...well in fact, I'm watching it right now. I might not be done with it, but I know that I like it much better than Scary Movie already. I did not enjoy the gross-out humor in SM. I love parodies and horror movies. While this wasn't much of a horror movie at all...it was a parody...and it was funny!!!!!!

I love the way the killer kills...you'll have to watch to see what I mean.

If this really was written before Scary Movie...how can you feasibly call it a rip-off? This movie shoulda been in the theater!

I'm in murders and executions!, 26 October 2001

Wow!!!

One friend told me not to see this movie, another told me to see the movie. Glad I went and rented it!

Christian Bale could not have been better. He made this movie. No one else could have played the part of Patrick Bateman so well.

This movie had me from the start. I loved that it was set in the 80s. All his references to 80s music at the most awful times was great.

The music was awesome. Gotta love it.

Reese Witherspoon and Samantha Mathis were great in their smaller roles. Mathis especially.

You have to love a movie where you can be disturbed and laugh...all in the same scene. Cuz..it's hip to be square!

huh, what?, 26 October 2001

Ok, first of all...what the crap was with the killer? I'm not going to give anything away, since there are some who haven't seen it...

The movie totally had me until they showed the killer. It was ruined after that.

Ok, I liked the fact that they made the female lead the smarter one. Usually, that's bestowed on the males. Nice for a change.

The beginning sequence with the chase had me on the edge of my seat. Very nice. All that, however, we ruined with the...well...you know if you've seen it...the part right after they think he's dead.

This coulda been something...but it turns out..it was nothing.