jking143

"Marry Me" (2010)
seems strange, 27 April 2011

First of all, I don't think I'm going to be able to stand watching the whole movie just to find out who she marries--the whole movie feels a little shallow to me, other than being a foster parent to the young girl--probably put in the movie to make her seem less shallow? But one thing seems strange--she's the only oriental in the family? No mention of being adopted or did I perhaps miss that? I figured at first after seeing her mother (Annie Potts I believe? I always love her in whatever she does), that the father would be oriental. Just seems a little strange and something that is pretty noticeable to remain unexplained. And I guess I don't care enough to find out who she marries--Justified just came on and I've been wanting to check it out. It has to have more substance.

OK movie, 4 February 2011

I gave this movie a 6 because of Katie Boland. I've seen her in a few other movies and she has always been impressive. Brook Burns is beautiful and if she ever forgets she's a model, she'll be good. I didn't read her bio but she had to have been a model because she smiles all the time. In serious parts, sad parts, there is always that smile for the camera. It totally detracts from whatever emotion she is supposed to be displaying. She needs to forget the camera is there and be serious, dramatic, scared, whatever. One thing I've always admired about Meryl Streep is she can be beautiful, or she can totally get into her character and become--well, never ugly, Merle can never make herself ugly!--but a lot less attractive--watch her in Ironweed sometime and you'll see what I mean. Sorry to hold Ms. Burns up to such a high standard, but if you're going to take on a career--aim for the top!

Huge James Patterson fan, 28 December 2007

I have read all the Women's Murder Club books and like them but I think this show is even better than the books. Am I the only one who does not care for Laura Harris' acting? She seems so stilted and uncomfortable. Always putting her hands in her pockets like she doesn't know what to do with them, smiling at inappropriate moments as though she's uncomfortable with the camera on her. I love the other characters and even though it seems like Lindsey was a blond in the books...Angie Harmon is perfect for the part. She is great. Hope this show stays on for seasons. This and Boston Legal are the only reasons I ever watch ABC.