rj-blues

Sonny (2002)
Brilliant Acting, Interesting Story, 31 May 2007

Sonny is a brilliant story of a young man who desperately wants to leave his past behind and begin a new life. However, the past catches up with him and he has no choice but to revert to the life he so longed to leave behind. The acting in this film is absolutely brilliant. James Franco doesn't cease to surprise me with his powerful performances. He's definitely fantastic in this film. Nicholas Cage's directorial debut is not bad, but there were a couple of loopholes in the plot which he could have filled in. Despite that, he's done quite a good job. Sonny is a great drama and a must-watch. I think it definitely deserves a 9/10.

Terrible movie, 27 April 2007

I was so looking forward to this movie after reading all the brilliant reviews about it. When I saw it, I was SO disappointed. It was just awful. I haven't played the Silent Hill games but it was supposed to be a great horror movie and it wasn't! The only thing that was scary about it was the shocking make-up and loose storyline. And the only good thing about the movie was the beautiful house that the family live in. We unfortunately get a brief glimpse of it in the end. The movie was such a waste of my time. I was looking forward to it, but seriously, this has got to be one of the WORST horror movie ever. It's not a movie worth watching. Do not waste your time.