m051512

Undeniably great film, 1 November 2002

The life of Beethoven was a fascinating one and while Immortal Beloved is not entirely accurate at times, it matters not. The movie merely portrays the music. Its sole purpose, seemingly, is to show the passion of this man via his music. This is the only instance that I can think of where the screenplay and plot were manipulated to fit with the music and not the other way around. Oldman gives an outstanding performance. He evokes passions similar to those conjured by Beethoven's music. He was the perfect choice for the role. I cannot praise this movie enough without sounding like an executive from Columbia Tristar. Watch the movie. Some scenes are simply inspirational.

Undeniably great film, 1 November 2002

Not as bad as some may think, 28 October 2002

This movie has many redeeming values, not the least of which are several chilling scenes that have left me at the very least jumping at sounds in the night. The main problem with the movie, which, I believe, is why it was so critically reviled, is the horrible formulaic Hollywood ending. That should not allow viewers to totally dismiss this movie. After watching it, don't dwell on the ending. Remember the scenes that scared you, and realize, that in the post-Exorcist days, that this is as good as your going to get from a horror movie.

Tool for English speakers to learn French, 9 October 2002

This movie was created in conjunction with a French textbook, to help English speakers learn how to speak French. Considering this fact, the movie is actually a halfway decent movie about a French reporter's struggles to unearth the truth about her Grandfather's past. If you ever want to learn how to speak French this is the way to do it.