great for the fans, good for the others.
16 December 2015
I just seen it in Brussels, right after work.

Is this a good star wars movie? yes! Is this a good movie? yes Is this a great star wars movie? definitely yes!

Is this a great movie? no, for me not!

the good: i enjoyed myself quite a lot with this movie. Its clearly made by fans, for the fans. It feels and breaths star wars.The transition from 'the old' to the 21st century is definitely spot on.

The acting is classes above all previous movies combined, yes including the original.I grew up with star wars, loving the movies, but unlike many(not all) fans i can be perfectly critical to the flaws of the original as well.

Beyond great and by a landslide the best part of the movie was for sure, the action! the still camera's are replaced by exiting moving camera angles from all sides without ever loosing oversight. things simply looked delicious and total awesome.

But since I'm not a 10 year old anymore :) I also manage to approach this in a more critical way then only the fan perspective!

There were a few things disappointing to me as this is absolutely not a flawless movie. First of all, without spoilers, this movie is 60-70% just exactly like ' a new hope' strip down all nostalgia and re-introduction of the older characters and whats left of 'new story' material is really really thin, cant help it but i was disappointed about that.

I understand the strong importance to connect the new to the old, but this was sometimes trying to be too much 'beying' the old to my personal sentiments. so nostalgic people will of course go nuts,crazy and in full admiration but i have honestly my doubts all adult people specially when not a star wars fan will be equally thrilled.

inconsistencies: there are a few , now i know this is the first chapter of a new trilogy, and lots will still need to be explained. But despite that, there are simply a few things that doesn't make any sense at all or where a bit overly charmingly 'star wars' simplified for todays story telling standards

and then final for me the biggest disappointment was the villain!!! By seeing the trailers i had very high hopes, and having a legacy of total bad ass villains ,how could it go wrong? well asides form a few nice tricks this kylo is a total wimp, specially compared to all the previous baddies, he's without spoiling, a confused insecure teenager, struggling with himself, and not this ominous evil unstoppable powerhouse dark force. as what should be the proper decorum for being the baddie of star wars!

anyway, non the less, overall, i had great fun, and i can not image star wars fans wont have. it definitely makes many of the high expectations true, and is by a landslide better then all the prequels combined. But is this the best movie I saw this year? no. but recommendable. an honest very fresh review
17 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
For being not a fan...i was impressed
21 May 2014
First let me elaborate my relationship with the whole xmen franchise

As a child I loved the cartoons and series, I later liked the first movie a lot , but everything else after that( even the much appreciated first class) for me felt like ' meh' at it best, not bad or something but in a category of movies i would completely have forgotten next week after.

Voilà that being said my expectations for this were pretty low. If it would had some decent spectacle it would be already fine for me. But wow this movie truly amazed me in a very very positive way.

Story wise, directing, characters, acting,spectacle,music,sound its all form an incredible level, and to me this is hands down the best xmen movie to date i saw!

Very well done mr singer,cast and crew perhaps i become after all a fan of xmen movies :)
Melancholia (2011)
2 hours watching annoying immoral unstable people....
22 August 2011
first of all I'm no teenager who only likes transformers... i actually like a lot of slower movies but! i had 2 major problems with this movie 1 i had absolutely 0 sympathy for the main characters as i mentioned in the title they where pretty annoying,very unstable and so wrong with morality 2 having such main characters... other than being depressed,they actually doing absolutely...NOTHING! 5min in the movie i started to dislike the main character...she arrives hours(!) late at her on wedding,but feeling any guilt by letting so many people who're loving her wait for hours,Nooo... she found it necessary to go first hug her horse and let the guests wait a little longer... at the wedding its pretty fast clear that she is surrounded by people who love her very very dear (with the exception of the mother perhaps) and how she repays their love... by showing no respect at all, been missing all the time,cheating (!) her husband with some loser,insulting her boss who actually promotes her to a fancy position as a wedding gift so rude he has no option to fire her...torture her horse and insulting every single person who's actually kind to her.. her sister has better morals but boy is she unstable and weak... then finally keither Sutherland character was the only one who i liked just until he appeared to be the biggest coward of them all by taking his own life abandoning wife and child... so for me it was 2hours plus seeing characters i so dislike while they're actually doing absolutely nothing most of the time... at the end i was actually so glad that melancholia planet hit earth and everybody died...seriously i was happy... 2 10€ hours of my life wasted only recommendable for those who like what i just described,otherwise avoid it like the plague
9 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
saw it for FREE!
6 March 2011
otherwise i would be in my worst shitty mood imanigable.

first of all i didn't now anyything about green hornet(except its superheroalike), i just wanted something light to digest on a Sunday afternoon...

i thought superheroes where characters with a cause, a mission, or at the least... a SKILL! this protagonist is a dumb retarded moron who annoyed me already after 5 min. also these days, gluing random 'supposedly funny scenes together is called a script? to much to complain about to this movie, but not worth the effort as i will have forgotten it already by the half of next week
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Sex and the city,.... for men!
16 August 2010
I laugh at many of the hate comments as what the hell did they expect? a romantic comedy? award winning performances? deep dialogues? Freudian complex character study?

common give me a break!!! from the start you should know this is all about guns,explosives and one liners from start to finish and homage to silly 80's and 90's action flicks. and this is simply exactly what you get!!

while i will never understand what most woman think so great about sex and the city( fashion? shoes? what the hell?)

so this is for men/boys who will be thrilled to see their old heroes from back in the days once more on screen kicking everybody's ass! (and no, i can appreciate intellectual and deep movies, but it often simply comes down with having the right expectations)
831 out of 1,039 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Thank god...
10 April 2010
I saw this for free, otherwise i would never forgive myself.

as an admirer of historical,mythology and epic material,I went to this movie with very low expectations, no knowledge at all about the original movie. I just wanted an exciting entertaining thing to watch,...

dear lord this movie was indescribably bad

this is an insult to cinema, this is an insult to script writers, this is an insult to all directors in the world ,this is an insult to all special effects ever created, this is an insult to Greek mythology, this is an insult to the meaning of 'epic' ,this is an insult to all actors in the world ,this is an insult to my intelligence.

this movie was so weak, at a certain point you just don't give a damn anymore! epic waste of time, millions of dollars wasted to 'create' this?

horrible, avoid AT ALL costs! don't even watch it for free! if you have developed even just a little bit sense of critical judgment, you are not going to like this
30 December 2009
...I better invested in something else. my expectations were low, but I always give things a chance.the only thing i was hoping for was it contained at least some nice tensfull atmosphere throughout the whole movie.

for me, the movie started promising, the opening scene was well appreciated. but after that everything started to go downhill very very fast.I'm not wasting my time to describe every flaw in detail, as I have already lost too much time by watching this wreckage. but in general: too much predictable clichefest( you truly don't even need to see the movie to know the ending), too much implausible events, or acts by the characters. to much of bad stuff unworthy to talk about.

presumably highly appreciated by 12 year old, people who've never seen similar movies like this, or people who lacks criticism,... for all other people: avoid it like your life depends on it!

IF you ignore your sanity and still want to see this, i can highly recommend you don't spend any money for this,... not on DVD, especially not in the cinema.
8 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Dossier K. (2009)
Better then the first movie
12 December 2009
this is one of the finer products of Belgian cinema.

jan verheyen, truly transcended his own abilities, by delivering this excellent piece of work. this is a very well directed story, brought in a gritty, visual style. the acting is class. the story is wel paced, balanced.the casting was beyond excellent.especially the Albanian actors convinced very much. also an impressive composed soundtrack which have all the right elements to translate the gloominess , drama and tragedy very well.

if you like drama, you'll love this, if you like crimemovies, I can recommend this the only minor point to me are some jokes, but those that didn't ruin the whole movie experience for me. highly recommendable, not only for Belgian/dutch/Albanian people, but truly for everyone
6 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Collateral (2004)
what we learned??
20 August 2009
if I was a highly skilled top class assassin i would;...

1.never taking a cabdriver hostage to drive me around, why risk so much, while we have an incredible invention like GPS now these days.

2 but If I had a cab driver taking hostage, what are the chances I'll having morality conversations with him all the time, or even more school him some labor laws,or how maintaining his self confidence and he should go for his dream girl,... utterly strange if you ask me

3 I also would absolutely never keep a dead body in my trunk,for obvious reasons, shouldn't basic training learned me to erase,dump or get rid of all evidence and tracks , especially if its a body?

4 i would never draw so much attention and expose myself as tom c did. pulling a gun kill 6 or more men in a dance club with hundreds of witnesses is more like a Rambo style, not assassins style. also executing 2 gang members by firing 6shots 20 yards away from a crowdy pedestrians is in my opinion not the best plan to do. but if Michael Mann is directing you you can comfortably get away with it:-)

5 I think if i'm really that good and experienced assassin, I would be able to remember the 5 names you are about to kill in case you loose your information

6 so if then my gutless hostage of a cabdriver is the one who's responsible for losing and destroying my briefcase with all its contents. i would probably not forgive him and execute him right on the spot.

7 to retrieve some data with the big boss, why should I let do my hostage do that? the man lacks confidence and probably have never seen a gun up so close before this day,... oh yes lets send him into lions hole full of vicious mobsters to do some convincing acting performance? OK then,...

and last but not least. 8 being skillful, masterful professional, highly trained, experienced assassin, I would probably win a Mexican standoff vs an amateur who probably never fired a gun before,...

but then again I'm not a hit-man nor a movie maker
10 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Brüno (2009)
I pity the people who don't understand this kind of humor
10 July 2009
Personally I do not understand bad reviews and comments on this. if you can't see the humor in this , I think there is is something wrong with you and not this movie.

of course humor comes in many forms and is very personal and subjective to anyone. but please, if you open up your mind a little bit, you'll "understand" the humor of it and if you do, you will laugh your ass of and crap your pants( seriously it almost happened)

to me this was way better than borat. of course one could never tell 100% exactly which jokes were staged and which weren't , but anyway the movie is highly entertaining and it provided me many many laughs.

humor is about provoking(IF YOU MAKE A JOKE? YOU'LL ALWAYS ALWAYS PROVOKE OR HURT SOMEONE ON THIS PLANET, even how innocent it might be), Sasha baron Cohen, combines it to another form of humor: exaggeration and he does it to the extreme. some people will be uncomfortable by it , but for me it really worked out well and no I don't hate America , black people, or fags. but i really like to laugh with stupid, narrow minded people
6 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
3:10 to Yuma (2007)
26 June 2009
really this movie left me with a very confusing feeling,... i liked about 9/10th of the movie very very much, and most of it really pleased me. but the 1/10th I didn't liked was so horrible bad,I still don't know what to think.

first the GOOD:

I enjoyed the story, the acting performances( not only bale and crowe are acting marvelous) the pace of the story, the gun battles, and the build up to the climax was for me nothing less then incredible and very good film-making of a very high level!

but then the BAD.

there were minor things in the plot I asked myself some questions about the plausibility. but as I am watching a movie for the first time, I always intend to stay as positive as possible, so I can enjoy the ride until the very end ,nontheless they're maybe "matters" i don't agree with

examples of what I didn't understand is why the guarding crew is treating their prisoner almost like a teddy bear after he multiple times proves what kind of a vicious tricky bandit he is. I had also difficulties with the apaches,... knowing you are deep in enemy apache territory, you make a fire to make it cosy so bloodthirsty apaches can see you from like 50miles far???

oh and what do they do when they get eventually attacked??? no one even attempt to put the fire OUT??

and for me it was also a little bit far fetched why bales character so desperately want to impress his son so he accept a 100% SUICIDICAL mission. pure righteousness has also it limits!

then I come finally with the UGLY :

the entire last 5 minutes

1 Crowe's gang convinces easily 20+ men to shoot bale. after the gang see the angry mob are just gang ho and simply aiming for both bale and crow, the posse gets rid of the mob. oh and what do they do then? yes exactly the same and going complete gang loose on both characters,... a bit weird to me.

2 bale dodged like 10.000 bullets in the final scene and what does he do when he finally accomplishes his mission,... oh he wants a cheesy goodbye and turned his back, uncovered to the side, a few second earlier 8 or so excellent marksmen were going berserk on him.

3 so logical he gets shot and then lord dear lord Russell crow finally redeems himself and wipe out his own gang who have shown the most extreme form of loyalty towards him. a gang which he had robbed ,killed so much, probably had many good adventures, shared both good and hard moments partied etc. a gang which would do anything to free their leader.

for me that was the most f*cked up plot twist I enduranced since "war of the worlds" so pity 10 minutes can cause so so much damage, because I repeat I almost liked everything.

to me the film definitely deserves praise and good critics, but I've notices that the critics are also blind for its flaws, and believe me the flaws aren't just flaws, they are simply big time screw ups
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
MUST see for terminator fans
4 June 2009
first I start by saying I'm a huge fan of the whole franchise. BUT I'm just a fan, not a geek or nerd knowing every single (uselles)detail...

so i watched this movie trough the eyes of a fan, just hoping to see a nice Terminator film which 'understand' the atmosphere and all the cool things most of the NORMAL terminator fans appreciated in the previous films,...

after seeing some trailers i was very excited ,they certainly increased my expectations, but the evening before I went to the theater I read some reviews which caused a lot of doubts,downgraded my expectations heavily, as the where far from positive,...

BUT after seeing this film, I'm a very satisfied terminator fan,... is this the best movie I'v ever seen???? nope.

but if you just want to see a very entertaining terminator movie, I really can highly recommend it. and I guarantee you'll leave theaters with no regrets!

the apocalyptic world is very well created, the acting performances are more than acceptable, the atmosphere is very dark(like it should ,its a terminator film for god sake)the soundtrack feels very "terminatorisch":-) and the action, by moment virtually blows you out of your seat. and the story fits the previous movies perfectly. and they are a lot of 'little goofs' fans would really appreciate.

I absolutely do not understand the negativism. only if you never liked a terminator film then you'll probably not like this one. and if you are an ubergeek with no life you'll always find something which is not 100% correct.

for me it was absolutely one of the better cinema experiences lately. and again, if you're a fan you'll maybe not love it , but LIKE it at least :-) I'll remember I left the theater with a good feeling ,no regrets at all for an well invested 9 euro's
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
well it was created to shock into the extreme
24 December 2008
I'll never understand why make a movie just to shock, movies should be based on a good story, then I don't care if things can get pretty violent or graphic- in the real world unfortunately extreme sick stuff does happen- but it should always be in the context of the story.

the story now is just , lets have some sick pervs doing very sick things,period... its just random scenes to shock. now I can handle a lot,cause I have seen horrible things in real life, but this is at least twisted and disturbing for every sane human(if not, i fear you are a danger to society and should consider psychological help.) i'm handling this movie quiet OK, but i think majority of normal people will be shell-shocked , traumatized and feel really really bad.

i know this is the point , but I repeat if it was in a nice story one could say OK, but this is not the case now
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
holy sweet mother of god
13 December 2008
went to this movie yesterday with some friends. totally unprepared and so without any prejudice at all, completely open mindend. the only thing I know was keanu reaves stars and it's a remake of an sf-movie of the 50's i've never saw.

the movie amused me the first 20-30 m but to moment u think the story will go in overdrive now ( when keanu's character escapes) the movie goes horribly wrong.first things just started to go wrong ,... from wrong it went to bad, from there it became worse to end eventually in absolute horrid agony. i left the theater with an uncomfortable feeling like u was abused from behind.

don't go see this movie unless you like completely predictable stories. a movie with a story you just don't care about or a movie who give you major hints about the (extremely) bad plot more than a hour the story ends
3 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Transformers (2007)
shock and awe folks... shock and awe
11 July 2007
despite the film is far from perfect I still rate it a 10. There are a lot of elements If I really put on my most critical glasses on, I couldn't not stand in a normal case...some jokes , some bad dialogs, some cheap patriotism , some corny clishé moments etc...

!!!BUT!!!! this is not a normal case...all the minor flaws are melting away like snow if you compare them with the good aspects this movie have to offer

:at first this movie is just simply very entertaining(reason nr 1 people go to cinema) the actors are OK so was the adaptation, the story was livable...

but the uber special big point is ( people who already seen the movie already know of course)

the action and cgi. words can simply not describe what I felt during some action movies...what I can tell is I was shocked and awed in my seat with my chin to the ground drooling some things like 'what the f*ck' and 'how is this possible'

the visual aspect is truly from an extra terrestial level... believe me you're brain will face some difficulties 'accepting ' those images;

I think I feel myself a bit like people felt when they saw star wars for the first time 30 years ago, you just simply have never had an experience like that and never saw anything that amazing!!! forget all the special effects you've ever seen in a movie ( really) transformers sets the new standard for the future.

in short I can say this movie is far from perfect but it give you an experience you never thought was possible pure shock and awe gentlemen
can't help it
22 June 2007
despite I was entertained and amused... i give this film a very low rating, because they still can't leave the clichés out of movies,why... why?????

the good : the action of course, very nice done... people who says it's to brutal I think the real thing must be much much much worse. the original approach, the enemy point of view, the wives point of view.

the bad: almost everything else... so many over-clichéd cinematographic things we've already seen a 10000000 times make me sick. it was a good thing to see the Vietnam point of view, but that could be much better , realistic and not in a cliché way. same for some death scene's. and also the action is maybe its best point and very realistic. I thought the Vietnam soldiers were a bit to silly portrayed I mean, running into machine guns by the hundreds without shooting themselves even if they are in a 2 yard range of the enemy...OK I was'nt there, but I don't think Vietnam soldiers were that bad :-)

the ugly: the Mel Gibson character. though I like Gibson as an actor. he was just playing a crybaby commander... I mean, he's crying all the time.. wtf?? surely I can imagine a commander isn't very happy when he's men getting slaughtered by the dozens. but I can't imagine a commander of his rank is actually crying about it in front of his man... I mean imagine, you're a soldier in the most fearsome battle of your career, you are totally outnumbers and you have severe losses... and what is the commander doing? he's crying like a baby for it... I would not be so motivated anymore as well my fellow comrades
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
22 June 2007
I've never read any book, but I must say the potter franchise has been very amusing to me so far.( I only can't stand Radcliffe, al do respect for the fans but he can't act).

but now this movie gets the best rating, while i think it was the worse until now. Like always I like the " old" actors. also some beautiful cgi, though not always. but the story in contrast with the other films was a bit extremely lame this time. I had the feeling the director just puzzled some scene's together in a random way and called it a film.

must admit I have seen much worse movies than this one but i give him a very low rating to take the average rating down... this is simply the worst of all potters. so it deserve a lower rating
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
it would be unbearable without depp
22 June 2007
to start I must say I give this film such a low rating to protest against the over topped ratings most people give this movie.

true I've seen worse movies, much much worse even. but people are like this is the newest 'mind blowing must see or you'll die' movie ever. what a pile of bull crap. this is just another cheap Hollywood cliché movie. a random selection of action scene's, romantic scene's and comedy... the typical cocktail for big budget movies to lure as much people as possible.

the only lights in this film are the kind of old English they speak, the costumes and Johnny depp, otherwise this movie would be unbearable. I'm a depp fan for many years, and i must say he's very entertaining, his performance is nice, but his best ever......????????? éh no. but all this rare positive things doesn't make up the lame cliché things. so for me this movie is waaaaaaayyyy overrated. entertaining if you are an teenager of a child. for an adult maybe nice to see once if you just want brainless entertainment , and forget about it afterwords.
22 June 2007
I've never being a great superman-fan, but friends forced me to see it. as always I try to watch a movie with the most open mind as possible. so putting my personal feelings against the whole superman-franchise aside ( can't help it , don't like superhero's so much accept batman, don't shoot me, personal opinion)

but being as objective as possible and not thinking about the superman-thing, this movie just sucks... the story is lame, the acting is lame... yeah some nice effects , but in Hollywood they should know by now that the priority of a good movie is a solid good story... and cool cgi should be functional to the story, not otherwise. this was just as most big budget films ,another bad cliché predictable movie... i hate this kind of movies where producers think like oh we want somethings that everyone likes so to hell with a good story,we will just mix up some action, romance and comedy in a random way...the people will be entertained and we will get rich. this is really actually the way producers think, I can't see another explanation for movies like this.

so , now hating this thing as a movie, I hate the superman-franchise more than ever...( alright i must admit, superman-fans can't help it the director en producers screwed it big time) I don't think I will ever see another superman movie... and knowing Hollywood , there will be of course more superman films, maybe not immediately... but in a few years. producers are like : "damn I want more millions of dollars,but i'm out of inspiration lately! so another producer says, ho but wait, there are a lot of superman-fans in the world, why don't we make another superman film, people come anyway and we have our money mark my words everyone this will happen!
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
13 February 2007
although I'm a very big south park fan, this movie disappointed me like no other... where was the intelligent satirical humor? this was pubertal low level cheap and lame " humor" and not funny to me.

alright there were some good jokes I laughed my guts out but the majority of the jokes were so crappy I barely survived the movie. there is nothing subtle or intelligent by just insulting things or persons. there is nothing funny about putting your movie full with the very things you want to laugh about...( like the romantic scenes) 1 or 2 of these scenes to make a point is very funny. put in 5000 of those in your movie will make the movie more irritating than the actual movies you want to mock. I also didn't like the cheap pubertal jokes and all the jokes they repeated 500 times. If this was just a movie from a nobody I wouldn't care the least . but its because its from the south park creators, one can expect much much much much much better en higher quality stuff

rest my case
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Shaft (2000)
so Pity
I'll be short again

the good : Samuel; Christian bale and above all Jeffrey Wright... what a performance, I didn't know him at all but he's a great actor I think. I also like the soundtrack very much, as a big disco-funk fan I never realize it could fit as a good soundtrack

the bad :I thought shaft was a bit more gun -ho :-)

ugly: for me the movie was a disappointing;I think one could make a better movie with this story and cast also the end was cheap not to mention the ultimate stand-off between shaft and peoples ( that was just lame) and it felt like" if injustice has been done to you its alright to take justice in your own hands... bizarre
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Apocalypto (2006)
big potential, big disappointment
i'll be short

the good :awsome photography, native language, the created world, costumes, one could really believe he was catapulted back in time .visual it was truly a piece of art. some action was fine and entertaining.

the bad :the story ( just lame and simple) ;Spanish invaders ( Mayas, Spanish invaders...check history) ;and although I have no problem at all with gore and brutality ( the real world is sad enough sometimes much much worse than gibsons movies) I must admit that Gibson have some issues I think... for some reason he really likes suffering torture and brutality because he's just paying to much attention to it I think

the ugly: jaguar becoming a prehistoric Rambo, and a lot of bad movie clichés it is actually a bad action movie but with a beautiful scenery and culture

conclusion: Its a pity that with such potential and good visual vision ( even Gibson haters must admit that this is visual astonishing)such a simple lame movie is being made. nice to see once, but I wouldn't spend my money on it
15 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
dear lord, why...? why??whyyyyyyyy???????
13 February 2007
before the film I guarded myself by the thought the movie will probably end up in a big romantic clishé, but hey, I'll take it if the jokes are alright and the romance is not over the top clichéd.

good god how could I've been so naive. alright some jokes were good, some bad, but thats normal. but the romantic clishé crap... for the love of... this is again an unrealistic uber romantic girl point of view clishé mambo jumbo brainless bull crap nonsense. when one is so frustrated he's still a virgin at age 40 one will look for a prostitute or getting it done on a drunk party... the way 97% of the male race would do it I think.( No I'm not a virgin, and I'm way younger than 40, I just imagine 40 years, man, and never had sex)

but nooooo this guy off course have to fall in love, and looses his virginity on the first wedding night, and although he's experience level is 0.0 he seems to be a real Casanova and untamable stud who knows exactly what a woman wants in bed...

truly ,very strong scenario with at the end one big finger thick message :having sex with the one you love after marriage... what a bull crap. if the leading character was a girl it would somehow make sense but this is a man for the love of god.

don't see this, unless of course you're a girl who just wants a corny over-clichéd romantic bull crap movie

I rest my case
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
GOD have abandoned us!!!!
13 February 2007
I can see no other reason why he let this curse released onto mankind.

last night I borrowed the DVD from my brother. sharp minded as always my thoughts BEFORE the movie were :hmm this will probably a cliché romantic movie, bachelors having the fun of there lives, but suddenly they realize they feel empty inside ,fall in love and marry at the end of the movie. but what the hell, I thought.If it brings me a good laughter en good jokes I'll take the corny romantic unavoidable nonsense, you can't have it all in life,can you? and after all I was in a very good mood , I just wanted to see brainless good humor and shatter all my guts out.

so during the movie I giggled here and there, one joke is better than the other, but thats normal, you can't expect that everything is funny or plausible.

but then the horrifying over clichéd stinking predictable romantic bull crap began... much much much earlier than I could ever expected. I thought lets laugh for about 80 minutes and lets then take on the corny sh*t. but no. I was like:what the hell?? why aren't they crashing weddings anymore? the romantic starts just in the very beginning of the movie. for a while I could live with it but later on in the movie some of the cheesy dialogs make me sick in both in stomach and head.

and yeah the story of course who could have predicted it??? the pretenders are getting caught, everybody is feeling miserable(romantic clishé number 1 is that first everything has to go wrong of course) the girl is intending to marry her boyfriend( who is by total coincidence a total jerk who gives nothing about here and the chick has of course first fall in love with another guy to realize that after a relationship of almost 4 years) , the friend first doesn't want anything to do with the chick who's totally over him, but guess what... yes also they fall in love en end up married. than we have the over clichéd "I love you declaration" in public( textbook romantic cliché number 2) and the film ends with not 1 but 2 happy couples ..

Like I said , I expected some romantic nonsense, but I could never expect they would use ALL the over clichéd textbook romantic crap during the whole movie in a very cheesy way!!

I was stunned , shocked ,awed and above all traumatically disappointed. I was out for a cheap laughter, but this story was so cheap it was an insult for my intellect. fine some jokes are OK, but the story is so bad I can't imagine you like this movie unless you're the typical "I want a cheesy happy ending romantic movie girl"

If you're not, save yourself some money ,TIME and a traumatic experience to not watch this movie
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
There should be a law
13 February 2007
against making movies like this. on the visual matter it has some very nice shots, but all the other aspects screw it totally up.

horrifying bad dialogues, childish predictable story and even all the fighting gets bored after a while.

nice flying dagger shots are cool the first and second time but not after the 5000th time.

the story is ridiculous( eg. at the beginning in the whorehouse the Captain of the government guard is calling the future hero CAPTAIN in front of the blind chick... soooo why is she shocked later in the film when she " found out" that he is in fact a government officer? hmmm? i don't even want to try to mention all the over clichéd romantic moments and of course the chicks resurrection at the end.I hate resurrections, even in the bible. Don't understand me wrong , i have a big imagination,even for fantasy movies but people resurrecting after being pierced by a dagger in the heart is really unforgiven

in short: the good: photography the bad: predictability, dialogues the ugly : romantic cliché bullshit, and even the fighting gets bored

don't see this (accept if you like the things I disliked)
2 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this