ivegonemod

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Enjoyed it!, 13 August 2017

I thought this movie was intense. I didn't find a second of it to be boring. This is just the kind of thriller I like when it comes to movies and books.

I can only hope that the janitor paid in some way for what she did. There was no excuse for her behavior. She could have at least given the girls the medication but she wouldn't even look in the purse.

This movie did not waste my time. I don't like when people leave reviews telling you not to waste your time on something, as though all people feel the same way they did about things.

I also don't like when people claim good reviews are fake just because they didn't like a movie and somebody else did. Do these people really believe theirs is the only opinion?

The wife made no sense, 14 May 2017

The movie wasn't horrible, but the ending made it a lot worse than it would have been.

The wife goes from not believing anything the husband has to say about whether he had an affair or not, to not even caring if he did roughly 5 minutes later.

She learns some news that should at the very least cause her to continue believing that her husband may have cheated with the other woman, but she is extremely nonchalant about it, she basically shrugs it off in one second.

If someone could change their frame of mind that quickly, how angry could they have been in the first place?

In the end, the big news that the wife found out was not even discussed between the couple. We don't get to hear what she actually thought about it, we don't get to hear what the husband had to say for himself about hiding his past.

Fantastic show, 9 April 2017

I didn't think I would like this show, I stopped listening to rap music in the late 1990's after Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony really started to take a nosedive.

I'm 37, and most of the contestants on the show are under 17, so I was like, no, but I was surprised. It's a quality program and it teaches people who want to be in the music business about work ethic.

For the third season, there was no doubt in my mind that Nova should and would win the contract. He has everything that it takes to make it big. I hope he gets his due.

Wowie, 23 February 2017

I first saw this episode about 8 years ago with my mother and was absolutely petrified. I just watched it again and was still on the edge of my chair. Wow! This is hands down one of the best episodes of any TV show.

You could tell right from the start it was going to be good. You had nurses, a storm, and a killer on the loose; how could the episode have gone wrong? It couldn't have.

Every second is must see, but some moments are simply not to be missed. That voice! Bravo!

Under the Bed (2017) (TV)
It's not funny, 29 January 2017

I don't know how anyone would consider this to be a funny movie, unless something is wrong with them. What goes on in this movie is truly terrifying, and is inspired by a true story that I know of.

The premise of the movie actually happened, and it certainly is nothing to laugh about.

People are unknowingly spied on by intruders more often than you might think, and anyone who feels that she had it coming because she didn't realize anything, also has something wrong with them.

All it takes is the wrong person to gain access to the keys to your home. People give their keys to strangers on a regular basis when they need car repairs or valet parking, and if you rent a house or apartment, the owner already has them.

There is animal abuse in the film, so I think some people need to be warned about that.

This movie is a horror movie in a different sense, but definitely scary.

Too Crude, 8 October 2015

I have to admit, the parody aspect of this show is pretty good, it's funny. It really shows how vapid, ridiculous, and yet ruthless a lot of college-age kids are these days. The show also does a good job at highlighting stereotypes about race, sexuality, and class, and they do it in a way that makes you laugh as well as roll your eyes because it's obviously over the top and absurd.

Sometimes I think the show goes too far with the race cracks, but there are a lot of people in sororities and fraternities who think exactly like Chanel and Chad. I'm not sure if Zayday and Denise are supposed to be a parody on stereotypes of blacks in some regards, or if their behavior is simply part of their characters.

The show is crude, and there is no way around it. It's disgusting at times. The graphic violence is out of control, and the talk about being turned on by dead bodies during sex scenes is terrible, and not to mention showing Chad about to masturbate in front of a grave.

If the show was toned down, I might admit to watching it. The show does have some good messages about how stupid people truly are.

Update: I think a lot of people are missing the point of the show, it's obviously supposed to be a parody on asinine people and is not to be taken seriously.

After watching many more episodes, I still wish they would tone down the graphic violence and obscene jokes. I like Billie Lourd as Chanel #3, she's a standout! Lea Michele needs to go, and Skyler Samules' character is not interesting. Diego Boneta's character isn't even worth showing.

Frustrating, 27 May 2015

I started watching soap operas when I was 7 years old, it started with All My Children in 1987, and then progressed to One Life to Live and Days of Our Lives.

Days of Our Lives was one of the most frustrating shows that I ever watched, and now I see where they get their annoyances from. I watched Days of Our lives for nearly 20 years, but had to give it up after James Scott as EJ DiMera left the show. Why bother to watch without him? I started watching Dark Shadows two or so weeks ago due to a marathon that was on TV. My mother used to watch it when it first aired, and my father often watched it when I was an adolescent.

I must admit that I was drawn to the series, even though I did not expect to be. I am currently on episode 314. Many of the episodes are quite good and entertaining and just short of being scary.

One of the things that bothers me so much is the pace. It literally takes forever for a storyline to play out, the same things will be going on for like 80 episodes in a row. This reminds me so much of the dragged out pacing on Days of Our lives, only not quite as bad. DOOL can take up to 10 months to end a story! I can barely stand it when someone is just on the cusp of finding out something crucial, and of course someone bursts in or the phone rings or they simply decide not to pursue a lead. Much of the time to prevent a storyline from ending, ridiculous things will occur to stall it. You will have characters beating around the bush so badly that you want to beat THEM! I do wonder if Days of Our lives was loosely modeled after dark shadows. The DiMera family lives in a home quite similar to the Collins family home. It's a big mansion filled with antiques and a big front door which leads to a foyer with two large double doors. There is a staircase in the foyer and large portraits.

Unfortunately, if it was, DOOL inherited the worst traits of Dark Shadows, including the sci-fi story lines that ended about 10 years ago.

Dark Shadows is by no means a bad show, but it's bad for those with anxiety.

What a dud!, 24 March 2015

I didn't read the book prior to watching the movie, but had read extensive reviews on both before viewing. I tried to be objective and put everything I'd come across out of my head just to be fair.

I was expecting to feel various ways, but I was not expecting to feel bored out of my skull. Fifty shades of grey was hard for me to get through without nodding off.

I didn't think the acting was heinous on Jamie Dornan's part, but I did find him to be a bit robotic. I believe the script didn't help him out at all.

I actually couldn't stand Dakota Johnson's performance. All the overreacting and nauseating Mmmmm's every time Christian touched Anastasia was just too much. The lip biting was supposed to be innocently sexy, but it made my skin crawl. She didn't do it right. I hated her voice. I'm not sure if she was trying to sound like a breathless pre-teen most of the time, but if she was; she did succeed at that.

Christian would scarcely put a finger on her and she would be writhing and wriggling around like he was doing something more. There were times when he wasn't doing anything at all and she would moan and act like he was.

During some of the bondage scenes, you would swear she was being beaten based on the expressions and sounds she made. It was way too much for just one wimpy smack on the bottom, very unrealistic.

I didn't find anything good about this movie. The soundtrack was too loud. Everything was just wrong. The plot had no intensity. What a flop-O.

Slow-paced but steady, 14 December 2014

I really enjoyed the series. I thought it moved at a slow pace, but somehow that seemed fitting for the setting. The acting was really good for the most part, I can't say anyone was bad.

I didn't care for the way it ended. I never like endings that don't really end, you have to guess what happened for yourself. I don't get the feeling that a second season is coming, what would be the point? The story is over. It ended the way they obviously wanted it to.

The one character I didn't like was Susan. She was too creepy for me.

It didn't matter to me that I was unfamiliar with the majority of the cast. I knew Kevin Zegers from Titanic: Blood and steel, but he didn't do all that much here.

I've seen lots of things where I knew all of the cast, and it still stank, so that doesn't say much for familiar casts.

Could have been better, 22 November 2014

I must say that I don't really like modern movies about anorexia, or books either for that matter. I grew up in the 90's, and I find that movies and books about the subject had more of a soul back in the 1970's-1990's.

The more modern works come off as shallow, superficial, and heartless to me.

When I was about 19 in 1999, I started going on pro-Ana sites, so they are certainly nothing new.

I felt like I never got to know Hannah, at least not well enough to truly care about her. Her desire to be thin didn't seem very deep to me, so I didn't appreciate it.

When I was striving to be thin, it wasn't about control, I just hated being fat. I appreciate and sympathize more with those who delve into the lifestyle primarily because they hate being fat. The people who are just control freaks do nothing for me.

It's always annoying when the female in these types of movies isn't even close to being fat. Laura Wiggins is only 5'1", and Hannah weighed 128 pounds. I don't think Laura Wiggins weighs that much because she still looked rather slim for being so short.

I found it unbelievable that Hannah couldn't fit a size 6 pair of shorts. She couldn't even get the things up past her knees. Clearly this was all just for show, because the shorts were probably like a double zero or something.

There were things that didn't make sense. How did Hannah find that one girl she was chatting with online? It seems unlikely that she would just happen to live nearby unless it was a local site.

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]